Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:14 PM

219 posts, read 439,683 times

Advertisements

The trouble with disability is there are no work incentives, only disincentives. Truth is the overwhelming majority of people would want to work and contribute if they could. IF you are sick enough in the first place to get on disability, you should just get Medicare for life. That would make a huge difference, since you wouldn't have to choose between work or medical care. Yes they do have an extended benefit window, where you can keep medicare I think for five years. Still I find it highly likely these issues could come up later in life and you'll need some kind of treatment.

Never mind the fact that current medical care in American is more about 'disease management' then curing disease for a lifetime. It's not so much a safety net more like being stuck in a financial dungeon. Housing is healthcare!And once you are stuck in this financial dungeon be prepared for frequent relocation due to 'global market forces'. Some studies suggest that relocating your home is the third most stressful event in life.

So you ping pong from place to place, never really establishing yourself and the constant stress starts to seriously impede your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 10:51 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama appealed to your emotion of fear, envy, hatred, pity, and greed for his deceptive purposes. OBAMA is a politician who as you said in a previous post used the people perceptive to those emotions for his own gain yet there are useful idiots out there that actually think he gives a dam about them. How can he?

Once again he is appealing to peoples stupidity, saying that he finds out about things in the news.
My problem isn't your statement by itself, my problem is how blind and prejudice you are. You don't think Bush did the same exact thing with Iraq, 911 and the war on terror. Played on our fears for the patriot act and our stupidity with the WMD and getting rid of Saddam and all the other new things he could bring up to keep us in the war?

Old 05-27-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are really out there.... buying into the liberal propaganda
No im just not buying any ones garbage. There are lazy people on welfare using the system that are dependent, i don't argue that and we need some form of reform. But just are lazy and bad are corporations who get government subsidies, massive tax breaks and special favors to keep prices down and to create jobs but don't even if they make historic profits. Then to make more profits the first thing they cut is lower level employees wages and benefits. But can pay a CEO in a two figure million $ salery. In my opinion both are thieves.

But if we listen to the right what the government does for the corporate and rich fat cats is ok. I call BS

Old 05-28-2014, 07:17 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
My problem isn't your statement by itself, my problem is how blind and prejudice you are. You don't think Bush did the same exact thing with Iraq, 911 and the war on terror. Played on our fears for the patriot act and our stupidity with the WMD and getting rid of Saddam and all the other new things he could bring up to keep us in the war?
That's all bipartisan. Clinton did the same thing. Obama has continued and even increased the intrusion of the Patriot Act. If you think it's one party or the other on the issues you've raised, you're being played.

President Clinton orders attack on Iraq - YouTube

Obama’s dismal civil liberties record - Salon.com

Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's all bipartisan. Clinton did the same thing. Obama has continued and even increased the intrusion of the Patriot Act. If you think it's one party or the other on the issues you've raised, you're being played.

President Clinton orders attack on Iraq - YouTube

Obama’s dismal civil liberties record - Salon.com
No i know its both parties, i bring up bush etc because i don't hear balance in the thread.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
No i know its both parties, i bring up bush etc because i don't hear balance in the thread.
No balance in the thread? Clinton started the whole Iraq has WMDs thing, people stupidly believed Democrats' 'bush lied' false propaganda meme, Obama makes the Patriot Act worse, and you think you need to pile on Bush for balance? That's ludicrous.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
No balance in the thread? Clinton started the whole Iraq has WMDs thing, people stupidly believed Democrats' 'bush lied' false propaganda meme, Obama makes the Patriot Act worse, and you think you need to pile on Bush for balance? That's ludicrous.
Ok ladies and gentleman, the only problem in this country is the poor. Cut all the welfare to the poor and see if that money doesn't end up in corporate welfare pockets ok. People are worried about wealth redistribution to the poor. Sorry, The truth is wealth redistribution has already happened and instead of the poor its the rich it went too. When 80% of our population owns only aprox 11% - 20% (depending on which study etc) there is no argument. Also there is no agrument of laziness or lack of ambition etc that can justify this. I just find it baffling especially on here that ones supporting the total right philosophy must believe they are in the top 20% (sorry most likely not) to continue this eco genoc

Old 05-28-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Reagan and Bush Sr got us into the iraq conflict.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:24 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
What foolishness.

Yes Iraq had WMD. He DID NOT have them later when Bush claimed he did. He DID have them when Clinton stated he had.

Whats so hard about this? The UN helped him destroy tons of them. This is documented.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:25 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,848,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
If you want welfare so bad, quit your job and go get it. Enjoy providing every document that's ever been issued to you, submitting yourself and/or your kids to blood tests, going in for recertification interviews where they will cut you off if you don't go (whether or not your employer will allow), and in some cases, sitting on a waiting list for 10 years (provided that the waiting list is open, which spoiler alert if you're trying to get section 8, chances are 99% that where you live it is not.)

Then come back and tell me how glamorous welfare is. Yes, people on welfare cheat the system. I accept that probably the majority does. But the system is designed so poorly that I cannot blame them for doing so.
I agree with you. Its not all rainbows and butterflies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies