Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 09:13 PM

66 posts, read 52,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
The law? I thought you guys want less regulations so if the regulations are gone who will protect the consumer?
Bone up on your mathematics. Less does NOT equal NONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Everyone blames the banks for the 2008 instead of looking in the mirror and seeing how they contributed to the crash. Could it be that they bought something they could not afford, could it be they could not manage their money, could it be they expected government to give it to them.

Always blaming others and by blaming others, you will not learn what you did wrong. If you give those people someone else's money, those same people will only repeat the same mistake again.
cough yep it was the federal reserve scam and government + welfare queens that destroyed the nation

basically all the leeches of society.
FED prints money- gives to themselves and their connected friends to steal from nation and her people
then enacts bubbles to benefit themselves.

elites-leeches
rich corrupt-businessmen
corrupt politicians
corrupt welfare queens

real estate agents
banks
government entities
IRS
FED
housing speculators-flippers
HFT
banksters

all of these people contributed to the housing crash and destruction of wealth and even now they are destroying real wealth by buying up property to destroy to keep prices up.

thanks leeches for trying to jack up prices so all of us have to pay more
taxes
rent
property values
and fees to live
basically everyone is trying to scam the middle class until they are forced to become leeches as well then leeches will eat other leeches

Old 05-17-2014, 10:41 PM

1,070 posts, read 740,064 times
You should've said that at the beginning! Now I and all undecided voters truly understand the Republican program! "Less doesn't equal NONE". Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso IV View Post
Bone up on your mathematics. Less does NOT equal NONE.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
You should've said that at the beginning! Now I and all undecided voters truly understand the Republican program! "Less doesn't equal NONE". Brilliant!
Your attempt at witty brilliance failed - utterly.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:02 PM

No, really. "Less doesn't mean NONE" is brilliant. It's catchy and still leaves some hope to the constituent.
Most importantly "Less doesn't mean NONE" explains so much about the Republican Party, especially GOP's rapidly diminishing voter base.

Quote:
Your attempt at witty brilliance failed - utterly.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
No, really. "Less doesn't mean NONE" is brilliant. It's catchy and still leaves some hope to the constituent.
Most importantly "Less doesn't mean NONE" explains so much about the Republican Party, especially GOP's rapidly diminishing voter base.
Another utterly-failed attempt. I'd give it up if I were you.

Libs are always using the strawman technique of changing conservative's position and then arguing against that false position.

We advocate LESS government, not "NO" government.

Re-read as necessary until you "get it".

Old 05-18-2014, 12:45 AM

But nobody know the republican position.... You guys want less government but never said how much less exactly? What are you guys planning to eliminate? The IRS? USDA? Dept of energy? State? Traffic laws or FDIC? Maybe the laws of physics while you're at it?
Do you guys realize that Canada avoided the housing crash simply because it had "more" government which strictly regulated the banking industry? Unlike ours....

And why the last time there was a Republican president you guys introduced a big-brother, big-government legislation like Patriot Act? I thought you guys wanted less and not more government? Or maybe you just want "less" of the other guys government but "more" of your own? Lol

If I were you, I'd rather go with "Less doesn't mean NONE" then with any other nonsense you propose. At least "Less doesn't mean NONE" is catchy.

Quote:
Another utterly-failed attempt. I'd give it up if I were you.

Libs are always using the strawman technique of changing conservative's position and then arguing against that false position.

We advocate LESS government, not "NO" government.

Re-read as necessary until you "get it".

Old 05-18-2014, 02:04 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
freemkt, what do you LOVE doing? Can you turn it into a business? I'm sure you have already thought of it but who knows. Opening a business doing something you enjoy and do well is "always" better than doing it for the sake of it.

successful businesses serve their customers well.

I have found a niche (re)selling online (after one previous online selling attempt ultimately failed because the fad item (that was popular for several years) evenuallly fizzled out and after a second online attempt (in a vastly larger category) failed because I couldn't buy at sufficiently low prices to profitably resell) and I'm very good at it, but I desperately need more space because all I have now is one ROOM, which means I can't buy faster than I can sell. An additional 100 sq ft of space would immediately lift that bottleneck. It's like a Catcha-22; with more space, I could easily sell enough to be able to afford the additional space, but currently I can't afford that additional space.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Hubby wants to go a different direction and claim a business with the hounds.....if so I will lease the hounds for my ad.

Sounds like a win. He releases the hounds when you lease them.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Home businesses are a red flag. It would have to be legit and you have to know the rules, no kitchen table etc...

I have one and it's legit. I think I know the basic rules, e.g. dedicated space, proportion of total area). That's why I *can't* do it now, my home is a single room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies