Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 11:52 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It was hard.....but, doable.
Yep, it is hard but it is doable.

Learn, try, do, learn more, try, do, be around like minded people, learn more AND DO. Learning taxes and consulting with a CPA (learning how to keep more of my money) made a BIG difference.

Last edited by petch751; 05-17-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 12:03 PM

What people don't get is they think it revolves around making more money. I used to buy into that without realizing its how you make it and what you do with it and more importantly how much you can "legally" keep the government grabbers from taking from you that matter.

I will NEVER vote for a politician that thinks the answer is higher taxes. When I was working on getting my act together the first thing I did was work on getting rid of bad debt. The government should do the same instead of demanding that we give government more of our money.

Don't get me wrong. We do need to pay taxes but this government robbery is out of hand.

Last edited by petch751; 05-17-2014 at 12:11 PM..

Old 05-17-2014, 01:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What people don't get is they think it revolves around making more money. I used to buy into that without realizing its how you make it and what you do with it and more importantly how much you can "legally" keep the government grabbers from taking from you that matter.

I will NEVER vote for a politician that thinks the answer is higher taxes. When I was working on getting my act together the first thing I did was work on getting rid of bad debt. The government should do the same instead of demanding that we give government more of our money.

Don't get me wrong. We do need to pay taxes but this government robbery is out of hand.
The first thing to learn in keeping your own money is.....we are NOT taxed on what we make.

We are taxed on what we KEEP......simple as that.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:21 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,723 times
Wealth is being redistributed. Redistributed from middle class people to coroporations and the 1%.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Wealth is being redistributed. Redistributed from middle class people to coroporations and the 1%.
Only with your permission.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
The first thing to learn in keeping your own money is.....we are NOT taxed on what we make.

We are taxed on what we KEEP......simple as that.
Ok, what am I missing? We are taxed on income not wealth unless you are referring to real-estate taxes. Obama didn't run around saying raise taxes on people with assets worth $200k...he said raise taxes on "income" of $200k a year, then proceeded to call people with incomes of $200k millionaires and billionaires (wealth).

Now I could use my wealth, put it to work to produce income and that income would be taxed.

But again, ok, what am I missing?

Last edited by petch751; 05-17-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 05-17-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok, what am I missing? We are taxed on income not wealth unless you are referring to real-estate taxes. Obama didn't run around saying raise taxes on people with assets worth $1million or more he said raise taxes on income, then proceeded to call people with incomes of $200k millionaires and billionaires.
You only pay on what you keep.

If you make $20,000 and invest $10,000 in write offs.....you pay on $10,000....not $20,000.

You pay on what you KEEP.

The idea is to keep the money moving though the system.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
just a question. have you ever seen a poor person make a good financial decision/investment? do you think it's simply a coincidence that poor people who win the lottery often end up broke again? or are you just for taking wealth from the individuals, and giving it to the government for them to distribute for their own agendas? we all know government makes great investments. what is the end game of higher wages and "income equality?"
We already redistribute wealth.

In fact, over past 30 years, the U.S. has seen one of the most dramatic redistributions of wealth in the history of the world. Through a combination of tax policy, trade policy, labor policy and other measures, wealth has been redistributed upwards to the top 1% of society, and away from pretty much everyone else.

So, we don't need to think what would happen "if" we redistributed wealth. We would already know what would happen, because it has. Wealth redistribution has made the richer richer, the poorer poorer and destroyed the middle class.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
We already redistribute wealth.

In fact, over past 30 years, the U.S. has seen one of the most dramatic redistributions of wealth in the history of the world. Through a combination of tax policy, trade policy, labor policy and other measures, wealth has been redistributed upwards to the top 1% of society, and away from pretty much everyone else.

So, we don't need to think what would happen "if" we redistributed wealth. We would already know what would happen, because it has. Wealth redistribution has made the richer richer, the poorer poorer and destroyed the middle class.
Why do you think people let that happen???

BTW....I did not let it happen.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
You only pay on what you keep.

If you make $20,000 and invest $10,000 in write offs.....you pay on $10,000....not $20,000.

You pay on what you KEEP.

The idea is to keep the money moving though the system.
If you make $20,000 - (assuming that "make" is income)
invest $10,000 - (that results in $10k in write offs)
you pay on $10,000 - (pay taxes on income)

I need a more specific example, Also...

1. Give an example where if you invested $10k and get a dollar for dollar write off.
2. Why would you pay on $10k?.

Just trying to wrap my brain around your thinking that we are taxed on what we keep. You never know, I might have an aha moment that propels me further. Then again, maybe not. Who knows because I never heard this before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies