Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 03:25 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't know that folks on this thread are doing that.
You are seriously going to say that? I can probably round up a list of names of people on this forum, all conservatives, who will claim that ALL muslims are extremists, ALL of them want to kill westerners.

Anyway before someone jumps in with the "Why aren't any muslims speaking out about this????": FBI looking into suspect’s religious background after Oklahoma beheading, religious group condemns his actions | KFOR.com

Old 09-26-2014, 03:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It doesn't have to be a machete. The kind of knives in food processing plants are often designed to cut through tissue and bone quite easily. We aren't talking about a steak knife here. And we don't know that her head was completely severed.
He left where he worked and drove to another office.
He could have very well had his own weapon.

Partially severed or completely severed..does it really matter ?
A Muslim convert beheading people and it's now happening in America.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:29 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, as a matter of fact I don't take it lightly. However it seems that you're overly concerned about this one atrocity compared to the hundreds of atrocities that happen daily here with firearms.

ISIS just gave a shout out a couple of weeks ago to do this here
and a shooting, which is how my family member was killed, he was shot in the back
so yes I do look at this differently and I am horrified and believe this will happen more
our society has become so violent, but this takes it to another horrible level
chopping a head off takes time and what kind of depravity and evil to do such a thing??
He had been trying to convert others I am sure more will come out the other person he attacked is in the hospital so will be talking first hand
so am I overly concerned?? yes I sure as hell am
I am a 63 year old woman and pay close attention to what has been going on with this evil ISIS
and am amazed at how many people from this country have gone to fight with them!!!
How can anyone not take notice of this???

Old 09-26-2014, 03:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He was shouting pro islamic statements as he committed the act.

Get your head out of your arse.
God is Great?

This guy isn't a genius. He's not Arabic. He's not fluent in any Middle Eastern language.

He's enraged, because he just got fired.

Get your head out of whatever orifice you've got it into.

Because sometimes a nutjob is just a nutjob. Even religious nutjobs can be lonely little psychos who use their religion to excuse their heinous actions. Nutjobs simply aren't representative of their religions. Just like nutjobs aren't representative of their professions. Just like nutjobs aren't representative of their race. Nutjobs are nutjobs. This guy had a Jesus tattoo. And an Allah tattoo. But what branch of Islam did he belong to----because tattoos in Islam???? Certainly not the form of Islam practiced by ISIL. In that branch, tattoos are forbidden. So, just how devout was this guy? Or was he a jailhouse convert?? Or what??

Too many questions, way too soon for people to start bashing Islam because of one individual's heinous acts.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..you are cherry picking today aren't you .....

They didn't say her throat was slashed, they said her head was severed.
Yes, I am cherry picking. Because I don't know all the facts. None of us do.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:31 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You are seriously going to say that? I can probably round up a list of names of people on this forum, all conservatives, who will claim that ALL muslims are extremists, ALL of them want to kill westerners.

Anyway before someone jumps in with the "Why aren't any muslims speaking out about this????": FBI looking into suspect’s religious background after Oklahoma beheading, religious group condemns his actions | KFOR.com

I do NOT for one minute think every Muslim is a terrorist
good grief

Old 09-26-2014, 03:32 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
More "workplace violence" in Obama's eyes, no doubt.

SMH at the fools who voted for this administration twice.
What does President Obama have to do with this incident?

I didn't see anyone blame Former President Clinton for the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. I didn't see anyone blame Former President Clinton for the Columbine High School shooting.

I didn't see anyone blame Former President George W. Bush for the dragging/murder of James Byrd, or for Virginia Tech shooting either.

People blamed the perpetrators for the violence, not the President.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
oh I am sure you have all the facts right why because YOU say them
I do not hate Obama he is not worth hating
he is a POS and an enemy to our country
oh sure people go on rampages and behead folks all the time
good grief
I'm saying that I don't have all the facts. None of us do. The rush to judgment is premature.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:34 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Too many questions, way too soon for people to start bashing Islam because of one individual's heinous acts.
Do you say that every time a Muslim commits an act of jihad? It's just an isolated incident. Well, some of us are not so blind to see our world as a collection of isolated incidents having nothing relevant to do with one another. There are connections between events in our world, whether you wish to see them or not.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:36 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I do NOT for one minute think every Muslim is a terrorist
good grief
Great, glad you've got some sense. Too many others don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies