Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 02:51 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Am I the only person who finds this extremely disturbing and terrifying? I remember growing up thinking how savage beheading was and that our modern day society couldn't go back to such brutality. Now it's here.

On a morbid level, doesn't it take awhile to behead someone? You have to cut through lots of thick neck muscle and bone. Why did it take so long to stop this guy?
No, you are certainly not.

Those who chime in on que with their this is just another day at the office and America has always been this way bs are over-represented here by a factor of roughly one million.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You sure are putting a lot of energy into creating a very elaborate and unlikely scenario to fit your agenda. Heads do not separate or fall off easily. Co-workers complained that the murderer had been trying to convert them while at work. You are fooling no one but yourself.
I am putting a lot of energy into distinguishing between what we KNOW, and what a lot of Islam-bashers are claiming. Because I value the TRUTH. Because I refuse to live a fearful life, fearing what I do not know or understand. I'd rather find out the truth. I'd rather be curious rather than fearful, and hateful of an entire religion. So, yes, I'm putting a lot of energy into fighting ignorance, fear, and hatred. It seems a worthy thing to put energy into.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I am putting a lot of energy into distinguishing between what we KNOW, and what a lot of Islam-bashers are claiming. Because I value the TRUTH. Because I refuse to live a fearful life, fearing what I do not know or understand. I'd rather find out the truth. I'd rather be curious rather than fearful, and hateful of an entire religion. So, yes, I'm putting a lot of energy into fighting ignorance, fear, and hatred. It seems a worthy thing to put energy into.
You mean what YOU know.

The police press release said her head was severed.
The police press release also said that due to the nature of the crime (beheading) and reports by employees of his trying to convert them they were asking the FBI to get involved.

Even the police put two and two together and got a federal agency involved.
They didn't just dismiss it like you seem to be doing.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You mean what YOU know.

The police press release said her head was severed.
The police press release also said that due to the nature of the crime (beheading) and reports by employees of his trying to convert them they were asking the FBI to get involved.

Even the police put two and two together and got a federal agency involved.
They didn't just dismiss it like you seem to be doing.
More assumptions on your part.

The police said her head was severed, not "completely severed".

Due to the nature of the crime (a violent workplace attack) they were asking the FBI to get involved.

I'm not dismissing anything. I'm pointing out that we currently do not know if religion played any role in this attack at all.

But Islam-bashers are so entrenched in their hatred, they refuse to acknowledge that. Instead, they'd rather jump on their Islam-bashing train, blame the violence on a religion.

UPS employee gets fired, goes on a rampage.

Vaughn Foods employee gets fired, goes on a rampage. But it must be jihad at Vaughn Foods, because the black guy with religious tattoos just recently converted to Islam.

It couldn't be, unstable men, get fired, go on workplace rampages.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:07 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Thought it was 'cultural appropriation', but it turns out this guy was actually muslim.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:08 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,254,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem
the Muslims are AFRAID to speak out lest they be targets

I wrote: Correct! Now let's think about that...

Now I am writing again: Let's say an extremist anti-abortion Christian shoots and kills a doctor that performs abortions. Would you, if you are/were a Christian, be AFRAID to speak out lest you be a target for other extremist Christians?

The answer is no. Many Christians were abhorred by these actions, spoke out against them and were not targeted. The difference is telling.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:09 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

then gee you must be at odds with your own self
because this is NOT just a nut
he was just converted to Islam
beheading is not just running a knife and the head comes off he had to SAW it off
good grief
or you can stay in your own world of denial
even the FBI is involved
but I look for Obama or one of his hacks to try and spin this but folks are not so easily fooled
any more
ISIS just called on their followers to do this
and there will be a flush I would bet on it
and our president is responsible
for his lack of security and for his own denial of these monsters
how many has he covered for?
Ft Hood
workplace violence
how many time does he reference Islam as peaceful??
so put your energy somewhere else

Old 09-26-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
then gee you must be at odds with your own self
because this is NOT just a nut
he was just converted to Islam
beheading is not just running a knife and the head comes off he had to SAW it off
good grief
or you can stay in your own world of denial
even the FBI is involved
but I look for Obama or one of his hacks to try and spin this but folks are not so easily fooled
any more
ISIS just called on their followers to do this
and there will be a flush I would bet on it
and our president is responsible
for his lack of security and for his own denial of these monsters
how many has he covered for?
Ft Hood
workplace violence
how many time does he reference Islam as peaceful??
so put your energy somewhere else
There's nothing to say that this guy was a follower of ISIS.

He's a black ex-con. He's probably more a follower of Mohammed Ali than terrorists.

And he just happened to get fired, and moments later went on a rampage.

And Obama is irrelevant to this thread. Your hatred of him notwithstanding.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:14 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Religion of Peace ?
Couldn't be further from the truth.

Lots of Islam sympathizers in this thread.
I guess you guys would convert if pushed ?
I think some people would use the last three seconds of life left in their severed head to apologize for islam subsequent to a Muslim doing the severing. I will give them this though -I somewhat respect that amount of dedication to principle, as crazy as that principle might be.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:14 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
I am a Christian and HAVE spoken against it with ZERO fear they would kill me
but a Muslim who speaks out is at risk of being called an infidel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies