Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 09:43 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Ah, Americans and their lousy grasp of history and geography.

"Spanish, also called Castilian, is a Romance language that originated in the Castile region of Spain.
Spanish is a part of the Ibero-Romance group of languages, which evolved from several dialects of common Latin in Iberia after the collapse of the Western Roman Empire in the fifth century."

Spanish language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Spain, officially the Kingdom of Spain is a sovereign state located on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe."

Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I didn't say that Spanish didn't originate in Spain, duh. That's obvious. A poster called it an American language when referring to this part of the world not Europe. I corrected them that it is a Latin American language not a North American language.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
So they are just here to use our country like a ATM machine I guess.
Yes, and some of them want us to be Hispanic country in identity along with the Spanish language being dominant. Many of them openly admit and brag about it.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
So they are just here to use our country like a ATM machine I guess.
We have much better living conditions then where they came from.
Their kids can go to school, eat decent meals, get health care, etc.
These third world countries have little to nothing for them.
And they know they won't be sent back.

Even those with money come over here just to have their kids born on US soil so their kids have dual citizenship which can serve their kids well in the future.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, and some of them want us to be Hispanic country in identity along with the Spanish language being dominant. Many of them openly admit and brag about it.
Don't the dumbasses know that English is the lingua franca of the world. Pretty soon China will have more people who speak English than the USA.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
First off, the "we" that you are constantly referring to doesn't include you, get it? Thinking that you and your buddies are the "we" that constitutes the United States government and all of it's dealings with the various peoples it conquered in order to expand it's domain is just nonsense. You have a misplaced sense of yourself and your patriotism.

This was your stance on earlier posts you have made in reference to American native culture and the fact that they also had their enemies, of course the human aspect can't be reduced in any of this. Your understanding of earlier times vs the fact that America should learn from it's past is lost on you. So you can argue forever but you'll never, ever, learn.....

Relax and get used to the idea that you don't have the final say on things. It could be worse, you could be one of those of the vanquished that now live on the res, or in any one of the ghettos where Spanish is the first language. The truth of your position in all of this is that you don't speak spanish and most probably can't/won't learn any, and, we all know there is no compelling law stating that you have to speak any language other than english, so what's the big problem you seem to be suffering so badly from?
Your opinion noted and I STAND by what I say.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:58 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Don't the dumbasses know that English is the lingua franca of the world. Pretty soon China will have more people who speak English than the USA.
I think the word is "denial". The la raza fans ain't all there IMHO. I say that because Spain def won't accept most LatAm Hispanic people of ANY skin color but they still try to pass themselves off as "Spanish" because of that language. Their kind be better off speaking good English instead like you said.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:59 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I think the word is "denial". The la raza fans ain't all there IMHO. I say that because Spain def won't accept most LatAm Hispanic people of ANY skin color.
Oh sure. Spaniards think they are dirt.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:02 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
I didn't say that Spanish didn't originate in Spain, duh. That's obvious. A poster called it an American language when referring to this part of the world not Europe. I corrected them that it is a Latin American language not a North American language.
Mexico is not in Latin America, a place that does not actually exist, they are part of North America, heck even Central America is consider part of North America, hence Spanish is as much a language of North America as English is.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Well the Dreamies do. But they are in college. They want citizenship.

But your typical 5th grade educated illegal with 5 kids doesn't care about "English is the language of global business". They just want a job that pays money.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:10 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,678,784 times
Quote:
Here we go with the past again. We can't explain what or why people did what they did hundreds of years ago. They're all dead. Shall we dig them up and ask them? They aren't us and we aren't them for God's sake. Why bring up whites anyway? They were Europeans. Race is irrelevant except to those who hate whites past, present and future and there are plenty of them in this forum and in our society as a whole. It is just as disgusting as those who hate other races.
Well, a person can remain in denial of the fact that a nation's past is always relevant to any current views, but, what would be the reason? It's obvious in your case that the past is somehow seen by you as your personal domain of debate instructionals, but, it just aint so..And while we're at it, attempting to change the nature of a debate, "hating white's past" shows a weakness of one's own convictions, failing to make any headway in your attempt to persuade us of your superior position you felt the need to deflect and twist, complete with your histrionics of rolling eyes..

You have no real complaint here beyond your incessant need to whine, your posts for the most part reflect your nonsensical characterization of what America could look like if we all would simply allow you to show us the way to the Nirvana of a dimwitted notion of democracy. Democracy=inclusiveness..And by extension, the languages of all of us in America, times are changing, and you don't like these changes...That's the long AND short of your complaint.

Wrapping oneself in the flag is simply a way for some to get others to think they have a "higher calling" than just their own selfish goals. Those who fear for the loss of their American-ness are fools, and worse, they are essentially cowards who would deny others an opportunity to express themselves any way they choose. This isn't about right or wrong, you'd love to argue that it is but the truth here is that you are attempting to persuade us to believe in selfishness masquerading as a form of patriotism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies