Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 02:01 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times

Advertisements

If they can sign up for entitlements they can get a voter ID card.

You you work or get carried by your neighbors work via freebies or draw SS you get a voter I'd card. It really is that simple.

The problem you will run into is folks getting freebies that are not qualified will get rejected for voter ids because they are not citizens. This of course means millions and millions less moonbat votes.

Ah America, the only country in the world that throws its hardworking citizens under the bus for votes by giving away 50% of their money to lazy azzes and the other 50% to the rich to make them filthy rich!

God Bless Americka!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 02:04 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
I don't have an issue with them, just the BS reasoning they are being implemented.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Never, in the entire history of the universe, has the public approved of that law.

Never.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law
Not true. Kaiser, who is pretty much non partisan, has found the ACA positive at times and generally running equal. Note that there is also very strong support for a number of the provisions...which are very likely to require most of the less desirable to work.

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: March 2013 | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Old 02-20-2015, 02:08 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
If you are a woman and you get married, and change your name (men generally don't do this when they are married), but don't completely follow through with voter registration name change some states ID laws will disinfranchise you due to non-matching ID/VR. Result legal voter disinfranchised.

If you are a student you have a legal right to register to vote at your college address, however, due to the nature of being a student this address changes frequently so IDs are not often up to date. Result legal voter disinfranchised.

If you are a black and were born in the south prior to desegregation often records are poor and hospitals were segregated and thus closed to blacks as a result there are a fair amount of minorities who do not have proof of birth. Result legal voter disinfranchised.
Sorry if you aren't capable of navigating every day life, but as a woman, I most certainly am. And I HIGHLY resent the implication that women are too stupid to get an appropriate ID.

I assume that most minorities and students would be offended by you pandering as well.

Take your misogyny and racism elsewhere. My world is full of bright, capable people of all genders, races, and ages.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:14 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
If they can sign up for entitlements they can get a voter ID card.

You you work or get carried by your neighbors work via freebies or draw SS you get a voter I'd card. It really is that simple.

The problem you will run into is folks getting freebies that are not qualified will get rejected for voter ids because they are not citizens. This of course means millions and millions less moonbat votes.

Ah America, the only country in the world that throws its hardworking citizens under the bus for votes by giving away 50% of their money to lazy azzes and the other 50% to the rich to make them filthy rich!

God Bless Americka!
Nonsense. The groups most impacted are blacks and the young. Neither is likely illegal in any substantial numbers

Old 02-20-2015, 02:41 PM

156 posts, read 119,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Sorry if you aren't capable of navigating every day life, but as a woman, I most certainly am. And I HIGHLY resent the implication that women are too stupid to get an appropriate ID.

I assume that most minorities and students would be offended by you pandering as well.

Take your misogyny and racism elsewhere. My world is full of bright, capable people of all genders, races, and ages.
The new slogan of moderan American liberalism is as follow:

"We're confident that you're too stupid to take care of yourselves and we'll fight to prove that point to everyone.......just as long as you continue to vote for us."

Old 02-20-2015, 02:47 PM

998 posts, read 665,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICITIESTITAN View Post
The new slogan of moderan American liberalism is as follow:

"We're confident that you're too stupid to take care of yourselves and we'll fight to prove that point to everyone.......just as long as you continue to vote for us."
That's the democratic party in a nutshell and how they stay in power. A perpetual-motion machine of hopelessness.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:47 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
You know what's really funny it's that you actually believe you are a member of the team. Whether it's team R or team D it's their league and we're not in that league.....
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about as it has nothing to do with the post you are replying to. You appear to be caught up in the false narrative of Republican vs Democrat. Beyond a few social wedge issues there is absolutely no difference.

Since you are so focused on me, I do not vote for either in the national elections. I voted 3rd party. It's quite liberating not to be caught up in the nonsense and false battles.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:42 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Question Here we go again!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICITIESTITAN View Post
Ok...so the title is a little tongue in cheek. I know why Democrats REALLY oppose voter ID laws so fiercly...it stands to potentially impose hardship on one of their key voting demographics. That, regardless of what Democrats will say, is the REAL reason. That being said...I understand why Democrats are so against them and they level the most effective public relations campaign against these laws. The Democrats go with the old yet reliable accusations against Republicans of racism. The best and most effective weapon in the Democrat's toolbelt is the claim that old white men hate brown people. People just eat that one up.

But I'm confused about why Democrats oppose it so much under the pseudo-outrage that it will somehow cause "disenfranchisement." How? How is this argument even quasi-valid? It's riddled with holes. ID cards are freely issued. No one is charged for an identification card and on top of that...they are easy to obtain.

Further, Everyone that is born in this country is born with a Social Security number. In my state (Nebraska) all one needs to obtain a valid, state-issued Identification card is proof that they live in this state (address at a shelter will suffice) and a social security number. How is this a challenge? How does this process "disenfranchise?" Is it honestly that burdensome to take a day from your "busy" schedule of loitering and asking for money to swing by the DMV? I live in a small city and we've got DMV's everywhere. They aren't hard to find.

Why is proving that you are who you say you are and that you live in the state you wish to vote in grounds for accusations of "disenfranchisement?"
You pick a thread which I debated long and hard for and many other fair minded Op have. Dem's want to get dead people and stack the odds. during the Obama reelection many areas had (Cleveland and Philly come to mind) 110%

That means 100 percent vote for Obama and no one in these cities voted for Romney. Who knows where the other 10% came from?
Very troubling and you are correct about the availability of Free ID.
Most of the DMV and the Board of Election does a very good screening process to be as fair and holding to current election laws.

I get the feeling that Lib's just want to show up and vote for 3 or 4 times. Like the poll worker in in Chicago, who was prosecuted a year latter.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:51 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It impacts voter turnout...

http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/665966.pdf

News version.

Report: Voter ID laws reduce turnout more among African American and younger voters - The Washington Post

Why does the right want to disenfranchise voters? Could it be that the group disenfranchised tends to vote Democrat?
Or, turn that around. Why does the left not want to ensure the integrity of our elections? Could be because they are participating in fraud to influence those elections?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies