Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:56 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
They could have been carrying weapons or bomb stuff in their turbans. Here in Chicago, if you want to bring in a bag, it has to be clear. If they have a rule about things like that, it makes sense. Too bad they got offended. I'd rather them be offended, than put in danger the hundreds of other people. If they had nothing to hide, they would understand its for the general public's safety. Same as them not removing their face veil for I.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You could be carrying something in your junk. Or your shoes. Would you be upset if they asked you to remove all of your clothes? Just sayin'.

You've confused the issue. They were reported for placing something suspicious in the trunk of their car. They happened to be wearing turbans.

El Nox

Old 12-14-2015, 08:03 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
You've confused the issue. They were reported for placing something suspicious in the trunk of their car. They happened to be wearing turbans.

El Nox
I know what the issue is, the trunk. I was responding to that other posters post.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:04 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times

Old 12-14-2015, 08:23 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I know what the issue is, the trunk. I was responding to that other posters post.

Sorry. Guess I got confused.

El Nox

Old 12-14-2015, 08:39 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post

You really think they were the only people at a sports arena who put something into the trunk in the parking lot?

Never heard of "tailgating," huh?

Old 12-14-2015, 08:51 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Speleothem
Thats pretty funny.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:17 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Quote:
If it can happen in San Diego, it can happen in less advanced societies in the South.
Most people in this country, do not consider areas of California to be more advanced than other parts of the country.

In fact mot of the people that look down on different parts of the country, have never been there, and know nothing of what those parts of the country are like. And those of us that were born in California (both sides of my family all entered California back in the 1800s) that have been around the country can tell you that in all states there are some very advanced areas, and we also know that California has vast areas of the state, that are not really advanced. Until you know the whole country, putting down a large percentage of the country as being less advanced than California shows you know nothing about what you are saying.

That type of talk is pure prejudice.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:26 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
the Sikh religion has been around a relatively short time and as I fear that we may be heading torwards greater conflict with Islam, maybe the Sikhs should consider going to a new hat.
"Consider a new hat"? What a ridiculous remark.
It's a religion, not a club. It has meaning, a symbol, tradition. And it's Not a hat.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:54 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Kind of sad and ironic when you consider that Sikhs and Hindus have undergone relentless persecution from Islamists. If you have the stomach, read up on the events that occurred during the Partition of India. Thousands of Hindus and Sikhs were butchered with knives and swords, dismembered while alive, women raped, even the children were not spared. Men were emasculated and castrated, and the traditional knives that Sikhs carry for self-defense (kirpans) were used by Muslim mobs to mutilate the genitals and internal organs of Sikh women they "conquered". This stuff will give you nightmares if you read up on it. It's just so ironic that Americans have to add insult to injury by confusing Sikhs for Muslims. When did the U.S wake up to the threat of radical Islam? Probably within the last twenty years or so. That's nothing, considering the fact that Islamists were terrorizing India a thousand years agoB]. Buddhists were not spared either; the famous Nalanda University was burned to the ground by Islamists.
Hardly any Muslims wear turbans outside Afghanistan, and none wear turbans in the style worn by Sikhs.

American pop culture has done immense cultural damage by insinuating that Islamists wear turbans and brown-skinned. The average Islamist (if there is such a thing) does not wear a turban and is not always brown-skinned. Some Chechens and Syrians actually look very European.
This is how dumb and culturally ignorant a lot of Americans are since they live in a isolationist bubble in regards to the rest of the world. I remember this story vividly :

The First 9/11 Backlash Fatality: The Murder of Balbir Singh Sodhi | SALDEF

Then you have Trump adding to this madness on top!

Old 12-15-2015, 12:44 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Yes, it truly is. I had a friend in college who is a Sikh and was actually born in California. He is very loyal and a good friend. And, he and his family are extremely patriotic citizens. They love America and understand the love of freedom. They are NOT muslims and in fact they are very irritated that migrants come to the USA and tromp on the flag and hurt our citizens.

Yes, some folks are so ignorant to do this crap! Gees, get educated and learn about the World and its inhabitants!
Sikhs are AWESOME. In India, they make up an entire regiment!!! I have met a large number of Sikhs over the years and find them particularly charming and friendly. Heck, literally a two minute walk from my house, our neighborhood store is owned by a Sikh family. Awesome people.

The people that treated them like crap in SD? NOT so-awesome people. In fact, idiots. I would expect this down South- where I was born and raised- but not in California, where I live now- we like to pretend we are above all this. Guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies