Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 09:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

"A federal judge on Thursday denied a motion by Camille Cosby to throw out a subpoena requiring her to give a deposition in the lawsuit. She is scheduled to be deposed by lawyers for the women on Wednesday. [...] Camille Cosby had also sought a protective order to limit the scope of the subpoena as an alternative to quashing it altogether, but the judge also rejected that approach."

Judge: Bill Cosby's wife must testify in defamation suit

Camille has been married to Cosby for over 50 years and is his business partner. Hard to buy that she knew nothing about this, especially since the allegations go back more than four decades.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:01 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"A federal judge on Thursday denied a motion by Camille Cosby to throw out a subpoena requiring her to give a deposition in the lawsuit. She is scheduled to be deposed by lawyers for the women on Wednesday. [...] Camille Cosby had also sought a protective order to limit the scope of the subpoena as an alternative to quashing it altogether, but the judge also rejected that approach."

Judge: Bill Cosby's wife must testify in defamation suit

Camille has been married to Cosby for over 50 years and is his business partner. Hard to buy that she knew nothing about this, especially since the allegations go back more than four decades.
Some prefer to live under a rock and not face reality.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I though there was a statue of limitations and 12 years was exceeding it. Maybe not.
I wonder if they are confused on the last name. Cosby or Clinton ?
I hope they publish the warrant so we can be sure they are getting the right guy.
It's statute not statue. And thanks for bring Clinton into it unnecessarily.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:17 AM

222 posts, read 185,714 times
I just wonder why the woman went to his house alone AFTER he tried and failed twice to have sex with her.

Then I wonder why she met with him alone AFTER he allegedly raped her.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
I just wonder why the woman went to his house alone AFTER he tried and failed twice to have sex with her.

Then I wonder why she met with him alone AFTER he allegedly raped her.
I don't have the woman's (victim's) instance detailed in front of me, but I am sure it explains something more than what you are implying. I have seen an entire group of women gathered to share and discuss their experiences. Each incident had its own specific circumstances, but what was in common was them having become unconscious shortly after meeting with him, whether it was in a hotel room or elsewhere, to discuss their acting career or acting part, generally. Also, in earlier years it was more likely for some to meet like that than current times as there is more cognizance of these kinds of possibilities.

He would usually tell them that they "needed to relax", offering something in pill form (saying it was something it wasn't), if they felt headachey, etc., OR having handed them something he had prepared to drink. The women tell how they would be vaguely aware of something beginning to occur, but felt powerless or be entirely unaware of the occurrence until afterward when conscious of clothing having been removed and other signs of what had transpired. (He would also appear thoughtless and cold afterward).

It disgusts me that, he didn't just want to "have sex" like most red-blooded men would seek, but that he had to go about it in a chicken sh___ way, by knocking them out first, which is not even "having sex", but like probing a dead person. What kind of human does something like this? One who is not well, psychologically. And 50-some incidents (that are known of) within a 50-year span and while having been married??

Some of you sit here defending some male actor you don't even know as a person, or defend him because he is a man and you believe that women just "regularly accuse males". You believe that a bunch of women are capable of making something up to "just get money". Or asking how this could be since they took so long to report. We have been over this and responding as to why this is. Apparently, some have no idea or compassion for what a woman can experience. I don't know what your reasoning is, but it is highly unrealistic and thoughtless. There is no doubt for me that he is guilty ..and I hope he rots in prison. If not there, then elsewhere later on, due to his soul's Karmic debt.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:31 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
In 2005, I was raped as a 17 year old and got pregnant as a result. I was not believed by the police because I had previously been in a relationship with my rapist and willingly went to his house (to tutor him, not to be attacked). I later found out that this person had raped several other fellow teenagers with no further legal action - and he wasn't famous, wealthy, or well connected. Is it really that hard to believe that women who clearly are not particularly sympathetic - actresses, models, party girls - were not believed or taken seriously when they tried to come forward with their attacks? Or any surprise that many never came forward at all? Most rapes go unreported for this very reason.

To compare this situation to Emmett Till is ridiculous. Emmett Till was lynched in 1955 in Mississippi. Most of the attacks occurred in the 70s and 80s in NYC, LA, Philadelphia, and other urban areas. Do you think we as a country were somehow so much better in the 70s and 80s than we are now when regarding rapes that aren't the Law and Order: SVU stranger knocking you out on the street and dragging you into an alleyway? It is still incredibly difficult to move forward with rape cases when you know your assailant, even in 2016.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
In 2005, I was raped as a 17 year old and got pregnant as a result. I was not believed by the police because I had previously been in a relationship with my rapist and willingly went to his house (to tutor him, not to be attacked). I later found out that this person had raped several other fellow teenagers with no further legal action - and he wasn't famous, wealthy, or well connected. Is it really that hard to believe that women who clearly are not particularly sympathetic - actresses, models, party girls - were not believed or taken seriously when they tried to come forward with their attacks? Or any surprise that many never came forward at all? Most rapes go unreported for this very reason.

To compare this situation to Emmett Till is ridiculous. Emmett Till was lynched in 1955 in Mississippi. Most of the attacks occurred in the 70s and 80s in NYC, LA, Philadelphia, and other urban areas. Do you think we as a country were somehow so much better in the 70s and 80s than we are now when regarding rapes that aren't the Law and Order: SVU stranger knocking you out on the street and dragging you into an alleyway? It is still incredibly difficult to move forward with rape cases when you know your assailant, even in 2016.
(BTW, one making references to those instances does not know what he was speaking of).

And I have said that what is depicted on TV dramas does not necessarily reflect how it goes in life.

Anyway, how awful for you. I recall when there were stories done on the "rape kits" intended to be of assistance as evidence in cases, that most times never went anywhere. They showed how hundreds of kits were stacked up in back rooms, never to be acted upon, being unable to process, etc. It costs money for all of this and many times, men can just get away with it. There is no real deterrent, the threat of prison certainly isn't working, is it? There are only those who would never do this and those who will, based upon upbringing, background and how they develop mentally / emotionally.

It would be best if there was something in existence that would prevent anyone - including men - from attack, but I don't know what.. (not guns.. how's that working out?) Maybe a special sensor imbedded in each person that could be triggered, with that person's identification # going straight to a facility and the attacker's # being identified as well. Maybe something could be created to somehow prevent all crimes.. what a world this could be, if people knew they could not get away with crime. No more overcrowded prisons, etc., and think of the money that would be saved. I know that sounds ridiculous and futuristic, but what the heck is it coming to? Otherwise, it appears impossible for everyone to just raise others to be good, honest people, who would also be free from developing mental disorders from a dysfunctional homelife. But no, anyone can have children no matter what is wrong with them, to end up in negative circumstances - so it never ends. Everything that goes wrong seems to be rooted in emotions.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 01-06-2016 at 08:23 AM..

Old 01-06-2016, 10:45 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I don't have the woman's (victim's) instance detailed in front of me, but I am sure it explains something more than what you are implying. I have seen an entire group of women gathered to share and discuss their experiences. Each incident had its own specific circumstances, but what was in common was them having become unconscious shortly after meeting with him, whether it was in a hotel room or elsewhere, to discuss their acting career or acting part, generally. Also, in earlier years it was more likely for some to meet like that than current times as there is more cognizance of these kinds of possibilities.

He would usually tell them that they "needed to relax", offering something in pill form (saying it was something it wasn't), if they felt headachey, etc., OR having handed them something he had prepared to drink. The women tell how they would be vaguely aware of something beginning to occur, but felt powerless or be entirely unaware of the occurrence until afterward when conscious of clothing having been removed and other signs of what had transpired. (He would also appear thoughtless and cold afterward).

It disgusts me that, he didn't just want to "have sex" like most red-blooded men would seek, but that he had to go about it in a chicken sh___ way, by knocking them out first, which is not even "having sex", but like probing a dead person. What kind of human does something like this? One who is not well, psychologically. And 50-some incidents (that are known of) within a 50-year span and while having been married??

Some of you sit here defending some male actor you don't even know as a person, or defend him because he is a man and you believe that women just "regularly accuse males". You believe that a bunch of women are capable of making something up to "just get money". Or asking how this could be since they took so long to report. We have been over this and responding as to why this is. Apparently, some have no idea or compassion for what a woman can experience. I don't know what your reasoning is, but it is highly unrealistic and thoughtless. There is no doubt for me that he is guilty ..and I hope he rots in prison. If not there, then elsewhere later on, due to his soul's Karmic debt.
so you have already convicted him...what a great american you are

Old 01-06-2016, 10:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Bill Cosby was charged Wednesday with drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home 12 years ago — the first criminal charges brought against the comedian out of the torrent of allegations that destroyed his good-guy image as America's Dad.

The case sets the stage for perhaps the biggest Hollywood celebrity trial of the mobile-all-the-time era and could send the 78-year-old Cosby to prison in the twilight of his life and barrier-breaking career.

Bill Cosby charged with sexual assault in 2004 case - Chicago Tribune

Good. It took years for these women to be heard, but at least one will finally get her day in court.
But Bill Clinton got a pass.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:58 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Cosby's lucky he doesn't play in the NFL, he'd be in serious trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies