Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:58 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not the one kidding myself. Everyone is screaming like their hair was on fire, but there actually methods of making sure the Constitution is not being violated. Obama's own team reviews it, to make sure they are not wasting their time on EOs which are batted down as unconstitutional, and Congress reviews them, and the Supreme Court reviews them. It is easy to insist the Constitution is being violated, and both parties always say it about their opponents, but it does not make it true.

Lets see the EO text so we'll know what we are talking about.
I posted a summary way back in #12 that many seem to have skipped over for whatever reason.

Gotta love the mentality of many on here, "Let's not bother trying to do anything, it won't work anyway." We may as well have no government and no laws, since sometimes they don't work or people don't follow them, right?

Such a defeatist mindset. We put a man on the moon and beat fascism in the last century, but doing anything to curb gun violence at all is just too hard for America, according to these folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 11:02 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Speak for yourself. As a woman, my weapon is an extension of my ability to protect myself. Sorry that my 2nd Amendment right makes you think about men's junk, but that is on you, sweetie. And since you think the 2nd Amendment is just about a man's package, I reiterate - SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!!!

I am a female and own -but we gotta make people more responsible- the NRA should have set up a self imposed, volunteered safety/training course and registry- it is all about $$$$$ ---if it was about protecting LIFE- we would not have the issues we have now-
- keep waving your weapon dearie- I don't need to flaunt mine--

Old 01-05-2016, 11:04 AM

29,546 posts, read 19,640,423 times
Quote:
I am not the one kidding myself. Everyone is screaming like their hair was on fire, but there actually methods of making sure the Constitution is not being violated. Obama's own team reviews it, to make sure they are not wasting their time on EOs which are batted down as unconstitutional, and Congress reviews them, and the Supreme Court reviews them. It is easy to insist the Constitution is being violated, and both parties always say it about their opponents, but it does not make it true.

Lets see the EO text so we'll know what we are talking about.
The Obama team reviewed and supported this DHS initiative to block second amendment rights to tens of thousands of American citizens who ended up on a terrorist watch list WITHOUT DUE PROCESS. What kind of Presidential "team" would overlook the Second AND Fifth Amendments????

Old 01-05-2016, 11:04 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
[quote=MaseMan;42513301]

quote]

Which of these are unconstitutional?

Old 01-05-2016, 11:05 AM

29,546 posts, read 19,640,423 times
Damn straight

https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/stat...20232555921408

Old 01-05-2016, 11:07 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
I am not the one kidding myself. Everyone is screaming like their hair was on fire, but there actually methods of making sure the Constitution is not being violated. Obama's own team reviews it...
Obama and his team routinely violate the Constitution. Remember the Obamacare tax that wasn't a tax but now it is? And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Obama has always hated the Constitution. From 2001...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMJS4CP3OC0

Last edited by InformedConsent; 01-05-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 01-05-2016, 11:08 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
I generally agree with the President on the need for strict background checks for both buyers and sellers of guns. It makes total sense to me, and any law abiding person should be able to have firearms if they so desire, just as the President stated.

Not sure what the objections could be.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:11 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I seen it on TV.

He wants manufactures to make guns that are harder to pull the trigger on than it is for the elderly to open a bottle of aspirin.
You 'seen' it, huh?

You just didn't hear it.

That's not what he said, at all.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Obama's own team reviews it," which means, "Whatever you want Mr. President, we will support you.We KNOW what happens to top military people who go against what he wants.
They are not dumb enough to try to pass something which can be easily batted down. What would be the point? Of course they vet it themselves. Every admin vets them, and propose only those which have a chance survive.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:15 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I generally agree with the President on the need for strict background checks for both buyers and sellers of guns. It makes total sense to me, and any law abiding person should be able to have firearms if they so desire, just as the President stated.

Not sure what the objections could be.
The objections is that Congress not the President creates laws. Notice Obama vetoes plenty from Congress, so do you say those laws from Congress should be laws despite the veto?

The Passer is he doesn't enforce the laws on the books. Border enforcement is a clear example for you.
PRESIDENT OBAMA IS A VIOLATION OF HIS OFFICE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies