Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 05:38 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why would a MTF "trans" who wants to be a different sex tell everyone they had a penis?

What is the legal grounds upon which they could sue? Neither NC nor the federal government lists sexual orientation as a protected class.
Why do you tell and show people you have a vagina? You keep making assumptions and pretend like that is proof, it isn't, so either back up your claims or stop lying.

Fine, they can't sue because you don't understand out legal system and it is easier to say that then to teach you something you are unwilling to learn.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:43 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Boston has canceled 3 shows in NC and Pearl Jam has also canceled their upcoming show.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:34 PM

13,428 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here's a map of which states legally provide that option. Most DO NOT. Note that neither NC nor PA do:

Did You Know It's Legal In Most States To Discriminate Against LGBT People? : It's All Politics : NPR

And the federal government similarly does not list sexual orientation as a protected class.
What does that have to do with what we're discussing? This only applies to places where it is illegal to not provide equal accommodations. Otherwise, a transgendered person is not allowed in the facility and your point is moot.

If they are allowed, by law, then they have the same right to get changed as anyone else in there, and your indecent exposure statute would not apply.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:49 PM

248 posts, read 172,755 times
I just went through this thread with my daughters and they all concluded that this country is all screwed up and full of total nut-jobs. I'll say it with no sugar coating...stand-up legitimate people think not much different than the bearded lady at a circus or that guy you see walking the street with tattoos covering every inch of their face...you just know they're crazy and unstable...period. We legitiamate folks still belive in moral grounding and we flat out do not want our kids exposed to weirdos and the freak shows of our society...and we definitley don't want them sharing a restroom and or a locker room with these loons. Are you really so twisted that that doesn't make perfect sense to you? Stop all the B.S. semantics...this is soooo simple. Be a weirdo in the privacy of your own home and keep your skeletons in your closet...DONE

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-19-2016 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: flaming

Old 04-18-2016, 10:59 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
I just went through this thread with my daughters and they all concluded that this country is all screwed up and full of total nut-jobs. I'll say it with no sugar coating...stand-up legitimate people think , a freak show, not much different than the bearded lady at a circus or that guy you see walking the street with tattoos covering every inch of their face...you just know they're crazy and unstable...period. We legitiamate folks still belive in moral grounding and we flat out do not want our kids exposed to weirdos and the freak shows of our society...and we definitley don't want them sharing a restroom and or a locker room with these loons. Are you really so twisted that that doesn't make perfect sense to you? Stop all the B.S. semantics...this is soooo simple. Be a weirdo in the privacy of your own home and keep your skeletons in your closet...DONE
Sure you did, and I am sure your "daughters" realized their dad is a "broke loser" as well.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-19-2016 at 04:25 AM..

Old 04-18-2016, 11:15 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
I just went through this thread with my daughters and they all concluded that this country is all screwed up and full of total nut-jobs.
I'll say it with no sugar coating...stand-up legitimate people think a freak show, not much different than the bearded lady at a circus or that guy you see walking the street with tattoos covering every inch of their face...you just know they're crazy and unstable...period. We legitiamate folks still belive in moral grounding and we flat out do not want our kids exposed to weirdos and the freak shows of our society...and we definitley don't want them sharing a restroom and or a locker room with these loons. Are you really so twisted that that doesn't make perfect sense to you? Stop all the B.S. semantics...this is soooo simple. Be a weirdo in the privacy of your own home and keep your skeletons in your closet...DONE
You are the one who taught them their bigotry. How else would they learn it. So don't blame this on your daughters. You are the one at fault. My hope is that one day parents will teach tolerance and acceptance of those who are difference as god wanted. You are teaching hatred

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-19-2016 at 04:26 AM..

Old 04-18-2016, 11:53 PM

248 posts, read 172,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You are the one who taught them their bigotry. How else would they learn it. So don't blame this on your daughters. You are the one at fault. My hope is that one day parents will teach tolerance and acceptance of those who are difference as god wanted. You are teaching hatred
Why thank you...I also teach them to trust no one and suspect everyone. I teach them the realism of the world...no fantasy living in my home.
Thanks to all the nut-jobs surrounding us I have to teach them to be gracious, caring and kind toward the deserving yet always suspicious. Three daughters, all 4.0+ students, one a sophomore at a university, one graduating high school this year with a 4.4 gpa and one starting high school with a 4.2. None pregnant, none doing drugs, none disrespectful, all with a great understanding of spending life doing better and always working toward being a better person, none crazy and confused, all go pee in the appropriate place as previously dictated by the last several hundred years in this country. They know to always use real world logic and to never make unreasonable requests...because reasonable people don't ask for the unreasonable. I know, I'm all screwed up and probably doing everything wrong....I probably shouldn't be teaching them simple things like right is right, wrong is wrong, men are men and women are women and all but THANK GOD I'm not following some Utopian loonys manual on how to raise another negative contributor.
Remember folks...elementary stuff here: Act legitimate and expect to be treated legitimately...and for those that really need it spelled out: Act ill-legitimate and be treated ill-legitimately...Act weird and be treated like a weirdo...Make unreasonable request and be treated unreasonably....See how this works.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:58 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,304 times
I would bet most young women would not like it and may feel ridicule put on by not saying so? There is some truth to doing what is best for a vast majority, at the sake of a tiny minority.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:02 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There is a big difference in wanting the best for the vast majority over a very few who have this issue. Those who manage well with this problem will go unnoticed, so?

Old 04-19-2016, 12:10 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,801 times
Well.. I believe I am a dolphin and you should make considerations for me to use my own dolphin bathroom...

to insinuate that I should use the male/female washrooms is racist!!

how far do you want to take this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies