Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 12:39 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Morality not the issue. Abnormality is.
At one time interracial marriage was considered abnormal too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 12:43 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,842,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
At one time interracial marriage was considered abnormal too.
marriage yes, sex no.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
marriage yes, sex no.
No one is teaching 4 year olds about sex. They are teaching about family structures.

When they say Sally has a mommy and a daddy", they are not teaching about the parents sex life.
When they say "Bobby has two daddies" they are not teaching about his parents sex life either.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:19 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
All my kids are grown. I have a girlfriend with an 8 year old child. The kid asked the mother "What is sex?" That is a very basic and simple question. We do not need to complicate the issue before the kids are clear about the basis. My adult kids when younger were all liberal progressives. Once they got older and wanted and had lives of their own...They all came to the realization that there is no real stable future in being a progressive...that there is no real value...They want traditional lives that are rich and satisfying as possible...Like having husbands....wives....kids....normal stuff..and yes the nuclear family is the norm.
Nothing in this story indicates that the pre-k kids were being taught anything about sexual activities or anything that would address the question asked by your girlfriend's 8 year old.

The same gender couples with kids that I have met (and I have met numerous) also "Like having husbands....wives....kids....normal stuff."

Old 04-08-2016, 01:22 PM

643 posts, read 472,036 times
What you do not understand is the tolerance is defined as agreeing with the left. They will tolerate you if you agree with them. What you thought that road went both ways? Sill rabbit, equality is for liberals.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
If someone came home and their dad was sitting there with a wig and dress on , they should just act like it is normal.. that is what they want to teach the kids.. weird..

Old 04-08-2016, 01:28 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
No one is teaching 4 year olds about sex. They are teaching about family structures.

When they say Sally has a mommy and a daddy", they are not teaching about the parents sex life.
When they say "Bobby has two daddies" they are not teaching about his parents sex life either.
Seems a whole lot more is going on when a 4 year-old comes home worried that "her dad might no longer like girls".

Old 04-08-2016, 01:33 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Seems a whole lot more is going on when a 4 year-old comes home worried that "her dad might no longer like girls".
How do you know the child learned that from school? It was not part of the curriculum.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:37 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,915 times
Quote:
That isn't how a 4 year old thinks. They don't dissect every possible connection of a picture. They may relate a picture to their own experience. " I have a mommy and daddy too".
How a 4 year old thinks and how an adult teaches are two different things. No one is objecting to how the 4 year old thinks, but people are objecting to the classroom material taught by adults.

Quote:
They are not discussing the relationship of the couple, but the relationship to the child. "Bobby has two daddies" Not "Bobby has two daddies who are married and love each other."
Citation needed. I don't have access to their curriculum, do you? I assume you didn't just make that up.

Quote:
I don't have to find studies, I am a parent and know that by the age of 4 children know what parents are.
I never said 4 year olds don't know what parents are. And you DO have to find studies if you think teaching homosexual or heterosexual relationships is age-appropriate material for all 4 year olds. Anecdotes aren't evidence. Willful ignorance isn't evidence. Dogma isn't evidence.

Quote:
Why are you still deflecting from your claims about gender reassignment processes on 3-5 year olds?
It's not deflection, it's postponement. I don't want to start a second topic with you if you're unable to support your assertions in the first.

So it's back to my question...
Is 4 too young to learn about hetero and homosexual relationships? If no, please show me the academic studies showing 4 year olds are capable of understanding that. If yes, you agree with me, and we can move on.

Let's see the studies.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:38 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
How do you know the child learned that from school? It was not part of the curriculum.
Can you link us to the curriculum so we can see exactly what it is? Assuming you didn't make that up, you must have access to it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies