Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 10:12 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You made the claim that parents are starting the "gender reassignment process" on 3-5 year olds.
To continue this discussion I would like to know what those processes are.
Before we branch off into that discussion (which I'm happy to do), would you mind providing some academic studies on childhood development? I think I've asked you for them about 4 or 5 times now. There's loads of research out there on early childhood development, this should be a slam dunk for you.

At what age do children understand what love is? Not repeating it or saying "I love you", but actually understanding different types of love, like parent-child, parent-parent, etc?

Let's see the studies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 10:15 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Gross but her parents should find a nice Christian pre-school program.
I agree, you talk secular schooling, you can run into issues like these. YThere ain't no such thing a free lunch, either pay for a Christian school or shut up about a secular school.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Before we branch off into that discussion (which I'm happy to do), would you mind providing some academic studies on childhood development? I think I've asked you for them about 4 or 5 times now. There's loads of research out there on early childhood development, this should be a slam dunk for you.

At what age do children understand what love is? Not repeating it or saying "I love you", but actually understanding different types of love, like parent-child, parent-parent, etc?

Let's see the studies.
I didn't make any claims about childhood development. I responded to your post.

And children do understand what parents are even if they do not understand love as an adult does. They were not teaching about love they were teaching about family structures.

Now, on to your claims about parents starting the gender reassignment process on 3-5 year olds.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I didn't make any claims about childhood development. I responded to your post.

And children do understand what parents are even if they do not understand love as an adult does. They were not teaching about love they were teaching about family structures.

Now, on to your claims about parents starting the gender reassignment process on 3-5 year olds.
Wait, not so fast.

Is 4 too young to learn about hetero and homosexual relationships? If no, please show me the academic studies showing 4 year olds are capable of understanding that. If yes, you agree with me, and we can move on to the new topic.

If I wanted 4 year olds to learn about quadratic equations or correlation coefficients, I better be able to prove that they're ready for it.

Let's see the studies.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Wait, not so fast.

Is 4 too young to learn about hetero and homosexual relationships? If no, please show me the academic studies showing 4 year olds are capable of understanding that. If yes, you agree with me, and we can move on to the new topic.

If I wanted 4 year olds to learn about quadratic equations or correlation coefficients, I better be able to prove that they're ready for it.

Let's see the studies.
4 is not too young to learn about family structures. They were not teaching about relationships between parents. 4 year olds understand what parents are. They can learn that some parents are mommy and daddy dome are adoptive parents, some are mommy and step daddy, some are aunts and uncles, some a re grandparents, some are two mommies or two daddies. All are different, but they are all still parents.
It's like teaching colors. Red is a color, so is blue, so is green. They are all different but they are all still colors.

No one was teaching about the intricate details of parents relationships with each other.

Do you think that 4 year olds don't understand what parents are?

Now back up your claims.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
4 is not too young to learn about family structures. They were not teaching about relationships between parents. 4 year olds understand what parents are. They can learn that some parents are mommy and daddy dome are adoptive parents, some are mommy and step daddy, some are aunts and uncles, some a re grandparents, some are two mommies or two daddies. All are different, but they are all still parents.
It's like teaching colors. Red is a color, so is blue, so is green. They are all different but they are all still colors.

No one was teaching about the intricate details of parents relationships with each other.
Not true. The moment you bring up "this child has two daddies" is the moment you're talking about relationships between parents. It's different than "here is a picture with one daddy in the room" or "here is a picture with ten daddies in the room".

So it's back to my question...
Is 4 too young to learn about hetero and homosexual relationships? If no, please show me the academic studies showing 4 year olds are capable of understanding that. If yes, you agree with me, and we can move on.

Let's see the studies.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Not true. The moment you bring up "this child has two daddies" is the moment you're talking about relationships between parents. It's different than "here is a picture with one daddy in the room" or "here is a picture with ten daddies in the room".

Is 4 too young to learn about hetero and homosexual relationships? If no, please show me the academic studies showing 4 year olds are capable of understanding that. If yes, you agree with me, and we can move on.

Let's see the studies.
They were not teaching about the relationships between any parents. They were teaching about the relationship between parents and children.

Here is a picture with a mommy and daddy and child. Here is a picture with just a mommy and child. Here is a picture of adopted parents and a child. Here is a picture of grandparents and a child. Here is a picture of two daddies and a child.

Do you believe that 4 year olds do not understand what parents are?

You care to back up your other claim instead of deflecting again?

Old 04-08-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
They were not teaching about the relationships between any parents. They were teaching about the relationship between parents and children.

Here is a picture with a mommy and daddy and child. Here is a picture with just a mommy and child. Here is a picture of adopted parents and a child. Here is a picture of grandparents and a child. Here is a picture of two daddies and a child.

Do you believe that 4 year olds do not understand what parents are?

You care to back up your other claim instead of deflecting again?
"Here is a picture of a mommy"
0 relationships

"Here is a picture of a mommy and her child"
1 relationship
(between mother and child)

"Here is a picture of a child with her mommy and daddy"
3 relationships
-relationship between child and mother
-relationship between child and father
-relationship between mother and father

"Here is a picture of a child with her two mommies"
3 relationships
-relationship between child and Mother A
-relationship between child and Mother B
-relationship between Mother A and Mother B

Let's see the studies.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
"Here is a picture of a mommy"
0 relationships

"Here is a picture of a mommy and her child"
1 relationship
(between mother and child)

"Here is a picture of a child with her mommy and daddy"
3 relationships
-relationship between child and mother
-relationship between child and father
-relationship between mother and father

"Here is a picture of a child with her two mommies"
3 relationships
-relationship between child and Mother A
-relationship between child and Mother B
-relationship between Mother A and Mother B

Let's see the studies.
That isn't how a 4 year old thinks. They don't dissect every possible connection of a picture. They may relate a picture to their own experience. " I have a mommy and daddy too".

They are not discussing the relationship of the couple, but the relationship to the child. "Bobby has two daddies" Not "Bobby has two daddies who are married and love each other."

I don't have to find studies, I am a parent and know that by the age of 4 children know what parents are.

Why are you still deflecting from your claims about gender reassignment processes on 3-5 year olds?

Old 04-08-2016, 12:37 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
Quote:
Showing an interracial couple, or a man woman couple or a same sex couple are the SAME. They aren't talking about sex. They aren't talking about race. They aren't talking about any of that, they are simply showing different family structures.

At one time showing an interracial couple was a big deal because some thought it was wrong and immoral, just like some think that showing a same sex couple is wrong and immoral. It is not wrong or immoral in either case.
Morality not the issue. Abnormality is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies