Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 06:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Right! And there are parents of those 3, 4, and 5 year olds encouraging and starting the gender reassignment process. How messed up is that?

At that age, I wanted to be a robot. It's a good thing my parents didn't take me up on it!!

When I got older, I could reason better to decide what's right for me, not what I repeated because I learned about something new.
You have to be a legal adult before any gender reassignment surgery. There are no 3, 4, or 5 year olds that are having GRS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 06:48 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
what folk need to understand is that Progressives don't believe in freedom. People you better get this if you don't you will be lining up to do as you are told by your Progoverlords.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:11 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,866 times
Progressives are all about self indulgent experimentation with society and sadly they experiment with out children. The go for change for the sake of change even if change is not needed. Progressives are NOT about useful and good progress. They are dangerous because they have no vision of the future. They toy with society and have no regard for what the long term effects will be 30 years from now. Progressives imagine that they are intelligent and all others are not.

Progressive teachers will state that they are co-parents. This is so intrusive. These teachers are supposed to be TEACHERS we are the parents...they should get out of our faces and concentrate on reading and writing and teaching kid how to count. Progressives are NOT about freedom. They are meddlers who seek to control others.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:24 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,842,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If I were to complain that they read a book that had a mommy and daddy claiming that it was sex ed, people would think I was nuts. Right? So why would this be any different?

As for confusion, really? I have found children to be far more accepting than adults in many cases. Generally kids easily take it in stride that I am a woman married to a woman. None of my sons friends have freaked out, or acted odd. It is generally something that is met with "ok, do you have any cookies".

I am pointing out the hypocrisy about the situation. Those parents would freak out if someone objected to a story about an interracial family calling it sex ed. But OMG same sex parents means sex!
Bid difference when it is interracial hetero compared to same sex. Not even on the same level. Come on. I know you are lesbo but come on.... One is natural male-female coupling and the other is like strap on stuff. Just plain abnormal.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:33 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Might've been my fault for not being more specific with what I meant with "studies": like the scientific type, peer reviewed, all that. The one that I did find has pretty convincing evidence that children do NOT understand love at four. And I like to think that my positions are evidence-based, not just anecdotal.

I had my suspicions anyway, thinking back to toddlers just learning to count and saying "1 2 3!", and me wondering if that was them memorizing the sounds, or understanding what the numbers represented.

I don't think it's like sex ed, but I understand where they're coming from (with the ruffled feathers remark). You'd have to have a pretty loose definition of sex ed ("George loves Tony" is different than "George and Tony have sex"). It is starting to creep in that territory of human relations though.
In the Alameda School District several years ago, some parents objected to a K-1 book about about a new girl in class with a pet iguana. They wanted the book classified as sex education to which their child would be then be able to opt-out. They sued and lost the case in court.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:34 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Do many kids have that problem? Mine knew what sex they were before pre-k and even knew the proper name for their body parts. It didn't require class time to teach them that.
That does not matter to the busybody control freaks, whatever you are teaching your kids, it's probably wrong anyway. They have convinced themselves that all parents are stupid, and are not really raising their children properly. So it's up to these superior, and enlightened busybodies to do it for you.

We are overrun with these people, even though they are in the minority. They are driven with an overwhelming desire to go into positions of power and influence, to enlighten the ignorant masses, and push their superior views, lifestyle choices and ideology.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Bid difference when it is interracial hetero compared to same sex. Not even on the same level. Come on. I know you are lesbo but come on.... One is natural male-female coupling and the other is like strap on stuff. Just plain abnormal.
Where in this book were they discussing "strap on stuff"? Where in ANY pre k book are they talking about any sexual act?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:43 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Progressives are all about self indulgent experimentation with society and sadly they experiment with out children. The go for change for the sake of change even if change is not needed. Progressives are NOT about useful and good progress. They are dangerous because they have no vision of the future. They toy with society and have no regard for what the long term effects will be 30 years from now. Progressives imagine that they are intelligent and all others are not.

Progressive teachers will state that they are co-parents. This is so intrusive. These teachers are supposed to be TEACHERS we are the parents...they should get out of our faces and concentrate on reading and writing and teaching kid how to count. Progressives are NOT about freedom. They are meddlers who seek to control others.
"and concentrate on reading" (as long as the teachers have been careful to ban any book which reflects family structures that exist in society that I don't approve of).

Who is actually against Freedom and who is in favor of Repression?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:56 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,842,681 times
Quote:
Where in this book were they discussing "strap on stuff"? Where in ANY pre k book are they talking about any sexual act?
You elected to broaden the discussion so I did as well. Too bad if you do not like the truth.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
You elected to broaden the discussion so I did as well. Too bad if you do not like the truth.
The parent claimed that the book was sex ed. I said that it was no more sex ed than a book about a mom and dad is sex ed. I'm pretty sure neither book talks about sex acts at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies