Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 01:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Seems a whole lot more is going on when a 4 year-old comes home worried that "her dad might no longer like girls".
Maybe the mother should have talked to the teacher, but she didn't so we will never know.

We only have one side of the story here. But based on other stories like this one, it was the parent making it into something that it wasn't. Like the one that got ticked about homosexuality being taught, but it was a book that had one page that said "Bobby has two daddies".

Again this is a private school. I have sided with private schools that have kicked out children of gay couples since they are private schools. If this parent doesn't agree with the curriculum, they could have left.
The mother knew about the lesson plan before the class, and tried to opt out. She knew about the curriculum and still paid for her child to be there. That shows that this was not a major objection. If my kid was in a class that I absolutely did not think was right, they would not be in that class.

The book worm loves worm is about two worms getting married. They don't care who wears the dress or tux. And being worms both could be the bride or the groom since worms are both male and female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 01:46 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
What you do not understand is the tolerance is defined as agreeing with the left. They will tolerate you if you agree with them. What you thought that road went both ways? Sill rabbit, equality is for liberals.
Haha, that's great! And so true.

You're not going to believe this, but there are some fascist preschools that don't teach every single possible combination of family dynamic. Can you BELIEVE they exclude schizophrenic nymphomaniac albino gogo dancer lesbian nazi hooker eskimos??*

Those monsters!

* thanks Weird Al for the reference

Old 04-08-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
How a 4 year old thinks and how an adult teaches are two different things. No one is objecting to how the 4 year old thinks, but people are objecting to the classroom material taught by adults.

Citation needed. I don't have access to their curriculum, do you? I assume you didn't just make that up.

I never said 4 year olds don't know what parents are. And you DO have to find studies if you think teaching homosexual or heterosexual relationships is age-appropriate material for all 4 year olds. Anecdotes aren't evidence. Willful ignorance isn't evidence. Dogma isn't evidence.

It's not deflection, it's postponement. I don't want to start a second topic with you if you're unable to support your assertions in the first.

So it's back to my question...
Is 4 too young to learn about hetero and homosexual relationships? If no, please show me the academic studies showing 4 year olds are capable of understanding that. If yes, you agree with me, and we can move on.

Let's see the studies.
I'm done with you until you decide to stop defecting from backing up your claims that parents are starting the gender reassignment process on 3-5 year olds.

I have stated my opinion of 4 year olds and learning about different family structures.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:58 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Can you link us to the curriculum so we can see exactly what it is? Assuming you didn't make that up, you must have access to it...
good point 5.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm done with you until you decide to stop defecting from backing up your claims that parents are starting the gender reassignment process on 3-5 year olds.

I have stated my opinion of 4 year olds and learning about different family structures.
So I'm not allowed to ask for evidence, but you are? Ok.

p.s. I asked first.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Can you link us to the curriculum so we can see exactly what it is? Assuming you didn't make that up, you must have access to it...
The mother had access to it, and tried to opt out. Why hasn't she released it?

Old 04-08-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
So I'm not allowed to ask for evidence, but you are? Ok.

p.s. I asked first.
Do 4 year olds know what parents are?

If they do, then they can understand other children have different parents.

There is no mention of homosexual relationships in saying "Bobby has two daddies". That is talking a a parent child relationship.

No, you asked about children understanding the concept of love first.

Now back up your claims.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I didn't reply to the mother. I replied to people stating what the curriculum contains.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:03 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
would you mind pointing that out from the article? i don't see it.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
would you mind pointing that out from the article? i don't see it.
She tried to opt out, what was she trying to opt out of if she didn't know what was being taught?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies