Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 02:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
only if they have NOT been convicted of a crime, or adjudicated as mentally deficient or defective.
Without sufficient background checks, how would you know?

NRA actively worked to weaken gun law enforcement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 02:42 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
only if they have NOT been convicted of a crime, or adjudicated as mentally deficient or defective.
Libs dont understand due process, only emotions.
Dont worry, hippa was rewritten.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:52 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Once you start mentioning nuclear weapons you are making yourself look ridiculous. If the p;olice can jsutfy having any type of weapon so can the citizenry. I think that is a very reasonable limit.

If the gun is to blame for these kids deaths then clearly the matches are to blame in the other.

The vast majority of people in this country use their guns to hunt, target practice, skeet shoot(which is something I thoroughly enjoy), predator control, rodent control and self defense. Self defense would include both human and animal. I personally don't hunt so none of my guns have ever killed anything.
I said I would address rocket launchers and nukes in response to the poster telling me that guns weren't the worst weapons. I was dismissing that poster not trying to bring weapons of mass destruction into the convo.

Anyway, there is no comparison between guns and matches. Not going further on this.

Not sure what skeet shoot means? Glad to hear that you haven't killed anything. Keep it up!

Old 06-26-2016, 02:55 PM

1st Amendment causes more deaths than 2A.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:17 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
God fearing Christian shoots her two daughters dead, and is killed by responding officer.

Police: Family argument caused mother to shoot, kill daughters - Houston Chronicle

She previously posted that Democrats are trying to take her guns. It's a shame they couldn't, two young girls would still be alive.
Earlier this month in Phoenix, AZ a mother stabbed to death her 3 children.

Where is your outrage over that?

Old 06-26-2016, 03:22 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Just in Chicago through 9am this morning 26 Democrats were shot.

Why are Obama supporters so violent?

4 dead, 26 wounded in shootings citywide - Chicago Tribune

Old 06-26-2016, 03:22 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I may use it to defend myself, I may use it for target practice for fun, I may use it for skeet shooting, I may use it for hunting, I may use it for rodent control or I may even use it as an investment. With the exception of defending myself none of these things include killing someone.

People use parachutes to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, mountain bikes to needlessly travel down dangerous paths and swimming pools in their backyards. All of these things cause needless death and injuries. If we are going to start banning things because they kill people why stop with guns?

You know this how? I'm going to have to strongly disagree with that. If someone cannot control their anger to the point they are going to kill their kids there is something mentally wrong with them.

You can go to a gun range (like I do) to shoot a gun without having to own any. They have every firearm you can imagine available for rent, including fully automatic machine guns depending on the range.

Unless you are planning to massacre a herd of deer or buffalo, you don't need an assault rifle for hunting or skeet shooting.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:26 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post

Unless you are planning to massacre a herd of deer or buffalo, you don't need an assault rifle for hunting or skeet shooting.
Here we go again. Can you please describe an assault weapon and why it's different than my hunting rifle ?

Hillary's new catch phrase is Weapons of War. Hell, they/re all weapons of war. You want them all.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:43 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Here we go again. Can you please describe an assault weapon and why it's different than my hunting rifle ?

Hillary's new catch phrase is Weapons of War. Hell, they/re all weapons of war. You want them all.

Generally the rate of fire and magazine-fed would be an assault rifle. It fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. The gunman in Orlando used a Sig Sauer military style assault rifle to gun down over a hundred people within a matter of minutes, and that was just a semi-auto. Even a semi-auto assault rifle can put out a devastating rate of fire. Dropping huge numbers of people effortlessly and efficiently in a very short span of time is what an assault rifle is designed to do, and that is exactly what it did in Orlando.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Generally the rate of fire and magazine-fed would be an assault rifle. It fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. The gunman in Orlando used a Sig Sauer military style assault rifle to gun down over a hundred people within a matter of minutes, and that was just a semi-auto. Even a semi-auto assault rifle can put out a devastating rate of fire. Dropping huge numbers of people effortlessly and efficiently in a very short span of time is what an assault rifle is designed to do, and that is exactly what it did in Orlando.
You should write for a paper. You sensationalize very well.
Any semi automatic weapon is only as fast as you can pull the trigger. There are pistols that shoot much more powerful cartridges than a 556/223, which everyone is fixated on. The Sig MCX shoots 3 different calibers, which was it? More than likely the 223/556.
Its not an assault weapon, people need to get over the term. Just get over it.. Emotionally driven agenda liberals need to educate themselves on weapons..
Weapons are tools, tools to do the job of the ASSAULTING of the individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies