Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 12:36 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Bill O'Reilly Wants You To Know That The Slaves Who Built The White House Were Well-Fed

"Slaves that worked there were well-fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government, which stopped hiring slave labor in 1802. However, the feds did not forbid subcontractors from using slave labor."

What in the world could this passage mean? Could O'Reilly really thing that how well a slave is fed is a cogent argument - that "cuisine" offered makes slave-holding less of an abomination?

Do some people really think slavery was some kind of entry level job with just a few "perks?"
Relax and take a deep breath, this happened a long time ago and it's time to let go of things that don't affect you in any way. The Obama's need to stop race baiting. There is nobody alive today that is affected by our slavery of or History.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 12:49 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,852 times
What I find strange is her Husbands Party kept Slavery alive in this country for so long.

Being a Democrat makes him just as guilty of what she says as the people that held slaves back then.

brushrunner

Old 07-30-2016, 12:49 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
"I started giving quizzes to my juniors and seniors. I gave them a ten-question American history test… just to see where they are. The vast majority of my students - I’m talking nine out of ten, in every single class, for seven consecutive years – they have no idea that slavery existed anywhere in the world before the United States. Moses, Pharaoh, they know none of it. They’re 100% convinced that slavery is a uniquely American invention… How do you give an adequate view of history and culture to kids when that’s what they think of their own country – that America invented slavery? That’s all they know."
That's YOUR job. Apparently you don't understand the purpose of teaching.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:51 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
None of use live in the 1870s. The generations which followed are either dead or retired. Also, people do change their opinion if they possess intellect. The opinions of those who are on the margins of society, like neo-nazis, kkk types, etc should not be considered mainstream.
Have you read this thread & others?

People who lived in the 1970s are still kicking.

Agree people who espouse the same or similar thoughtviews (KKK, Racial 'Realists' & Supremacists, et al) are not mainstream. Thank the Gods.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:53 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,164 times
zero being accomplished here...

Old 07-30-2016, 12:57 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Have you read this thread & others?

People who lived in the 1970s are still kicking.

Agree people who espouse the same or similar thoughtviews (KKK, Racial 'Realists' & Supremacists, et al) are not mainstream. Thank the Gods.
Yes. I know. I am responding to the thread as constructed...

The irony that people bash teaching History in University but then the lessons of History are so poorly used, deliberately misrepresented, by people to buttress their political agendas.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:14 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
...Did you read the title of the thread.......you tell me what is the purpose? Are some blacks wanting whites to accept something we have already accepted, only to turn around and have to pay out large sums of money, when whites were also slaves and so were Native Americans.

Have you bothered to look up why the 3/5 came into play? The real reason, not the one put up by revisionist.......here is some help below.

The Original Constitution and the Three-Fifths Myth
The compromise was to count slaves as “three-fifths” of a person for representation purposes. The fewer slaves counted the fewer number of representatives. “It had NOTHING to do with the worth of a person and EVERYTHING to do with diminishing the power of” the pro-slavery Southern states.

The point is that the “three-fifths clause” had nothing at all to do with measuring the human worth of blacks. Northern delegates did not want black slaves included, not because they thought them unworthy of being counted, but because they wanted to weaken the slaveholding power in Congress. Southern delegates wanted every slave to count “equally with the Whites,” not because they wanted to proclaim that black slaves were human beings on an equal footing with free white persons, but because they wanted to increase the pro-slavery voting power in Congress. The humanity of blacks was not the subject of the three-fifths clause; voting power in Congress was the subject.
I get it you're angry.

The 3/5 clause was NOT an indication folks present at the Constitutional Convention wanted to end race-based slavery. Far from it, the clause was a compromise intending to end one of the most hotly debated issues on the agenda.

The seeds of the American Civil War were sown at that Convention. The seeds came to fruition later re: the question of preserving & expanding the right to own people as property.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Why, besides the fact that Mr. Brown was executed, was the movement to end race based slavery unsuccessful?
Who is saying it was unsuccessful? Unless you mean his personal movement.

Quote:
Lysander Spooner also had a plan:
To the Non-Slaveholders of the South: A Plan for the Abolition of Slavery (1858)

Lysander Spooner – Plan for the Abolition of Slavery
Spooner was the man!

Quote:
Why did his plan fail as well?
The one percent don't give up easy.

Quote:
That would've been the 'libertarian' way, right?
The libertarian way would have been for the founders to not be hypocrites and not allow kidnapping in the first place.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 07-30-2016 at 01:25 PM..

Old 07-30-2016, 01:19 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Current Dems support all of this stuff or it would not be going on......as for your immature response of 7 no one was killed and it was the Democrat supporters attacking the Republicans just as they have since they have been a party. You are not fooling anyone.....its Dems and their supporters who have closed highways and interrupted the Republican convention.

I showed you David Duke supports Hillary.....ignore it, but we all know the truth, so you saying he didn't, doesn't make it true!
No, "current Democrats" do not support it. A few may participate in it, just as a few Republicans belong to the KKK and similarly racist-based hate groups and "militias" who would like to overthrow the government.

Your post is indicative of the Republican fringe smear campaign that is always taking place.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
I don't bow down to anyone, not even you. -5000 points for "God" complex
Nothing to do with a God complex. it's about people like you ignoring solutions.

Quote:
You're disgusting and depraved for saying that. -10000 points
I was making fun of your idiotic statement. You're response is clueless.

Quote:
Reverse psychology fail. -2000 points for you.
lol It's not Reverse psychology

Quote:
Another -3000 points for lies and slander.
It's not lies and slander to point out an individual doesn't do things based on their skin color.

Quote:
-500 points for useless lecture. Add another -1000 points for making me out to be the victim here. Add -2000 more for you not taking responsibility for yours instead of focusing on mine.
Your post gets more and more absurd. Show proof I am not taking personal responsibility.

Quote:
-2000 more points for your lies
You're the one who said an idiot makes you do things,

Quote:
-10000 points for deflection. This is about slavery, not the war on drugs which was a means to throw more Black people in prison. Now let's add up your point total, shall we?
No deflection from me. That's another thing you made up

Quote:
You have a grand total of -33500 points on the bigot scale. But remember that the more you dispute history, your point total will go higher. So happy deflecting!
You've made all this silly stuff up. I haven't deflected once. Try looking for the truth instead of trying to be right.
Don't vote against your own self interests. That's what boobus does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies