U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-29-2016, 09:23 PM
 
Location: 2 blocks from bay in L.I, NY
1,767 posts, read 1,441,108 times
Reputation: 2743

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The reality of slavery in this world is that there is not a race in this would on any continent that has not had their ancestry enslaved at one point in time or another. That is the reality. Why can't people turn a page?

Stop trying to deflect the issue. No one is denying that slavery existed in the world in different times of history before the trans-Atlantic slavery of Africans to America. The reality of slavery in America is that generation after generation were so tortured, terrorized, amd psychologically traumatized by White supremacy during slavery and the treatment afterwards until the 1970's that it's effects have been passed on to the descendants who are still trying to process and work through these painful feelings and emotions in 2016. That's how bad it was. Please stop trying to deflect the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2016, 09:43 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,668,144 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And slavery 's apologists are all Republicans.
Why would we apologize for something the other party did......if people including Dems and their families were not involved, what are we apologizing for?



To make you feel better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2016, 09:55 PM
 
Location: 2 blocks from bay in L.I, NY
1,767 posts, read 1,441,108 times
Reputation: 2743
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
One thing the group who should complain the loudest are silent. Native Americans must be tougher and stronger than those who sit around complaining and going on about their ancestor
Unfortunately Native Americans are more silent because it's so few of them left to complain. The majority were annihilated by the same White supremacy system rhat enslaved Blacks. The few left who maintain their culture are confined to reservations; nothing comparable to the land and lifestyle freedom their ancestors once had.

Blacks were able to withstand and endure the conditions and disease while still being profitable enough in their labor for the "system" that Black slavery endured as long as it did. Strong, yes BOTH groups were STRONG but in different ways. Nice attempt at trying to turn this into a Blacks vs. Native Americans argument but it won't fly. Blacks will not lose sight of the real issue because the pain and heart-break inherited from our ancestors is too deep for us to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2016, 10:09 PM
 
788 posts, read 343,071 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're in no position to help me. You're just not doing well enough in life for me to respect your perspective.

Plus you're not black. LMAO...you even admitted that you can't afford a BMW.

I've already owned 5. Stop it.


America was a Christian dominated nation back then far more so than now. FAR more!

So was the Bible different back then?
I never said that. I said one day I'd like to. I could pay cash on any vehicle up o $400,000. Right now my business requires trucks, which I have 3, trailers, which I also have 3 of and one Toyota car. I have a full time job that pays $100K annually, and a business that grosses close to $500K.

Truth is, you don't respect anyone's perspective, and the only thing that penetrates your "shields" is the HATE that rules you, that owns you, yes, that ENSLAVES you, and you are so overcome by it, you can't even see, smell or taste it. It if was water, you would have drowned long ago.

I didn't bring up the Bible, I brought up your ludicrous idea that people of yesteryear should be judged by today's standards in the manner of Ex Poste Facto. A childish proposal at the very best, and one that reeks of HATE.

You are correct about one thing, which reinforces the "a stopped clock is correct twice a day" saying. I am in no position to help you. Nobody can - sadly, not even yourself. You are so addicted to HATE, you'd die of withdrawal if you tried to get off of it.

In any case, have a nice weekend, and enjoy playing with your Matchbox Beamers - all 5 of them.

You, sadly, are not alone in the addiction to hate and fixation on the runway behind you, at the expense of paying attention to that which lies ahead, and that pesky Airspeed Indicator, too. Until that fact is realized, and acted upon, it will be more of the same, I am afraid, and that will hurt the one thing in all this I really care about - the USA.

Happy Landings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2016, 10:19 PM
 
391 posts, read 216,570 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
I never said that. I said one day I'd like to. I could pay cash on any vehicle up o $400,000. Right now my business requires trucks, which I have 3, trailers, which I also have 3 of and one Toyota car. I have a full time job that pays $100K annually, and a business that grosses close to $500K.
You must have hella deductions on that 500k to keep that 100k job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2016, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,743 posts, read 11,232,823 times
Reputation: 6152
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Slave owners can't be good people by definition. They were all evil. They should've all been executed during and after the war. Their families too.

And baptizing slaves into Christianity might be the worst of all the evils they did. That alone makes slave owners worthy of a painful death.
The only reason to kill someone is defending property or defending anothers life. I have no problem with what John Brown did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2016, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,743 posts, read 11,232,823 times
Reputation: 6152
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As long as Republicans hold views like those you just expressed.

Black people aren't suckers.

Black people are intelligent, thoughtful human beings. They supported the Republicans in the post-Civil War. But the Republican Party of 1870 is not the same as the Republican Party of today. And the Democratic Party of 1870 is not the same as the Democratic Party of today. This is a fact. It is a fact that black people appreciate. And it's odd that it's a fact that conservatives like to ignore, if only as a pretense. Ignoring facts is not a good strategy for a political party.
Intelligent, thoughtful human beings??? Not even close. They are no different than whites, a bunch of dummies going back to the poisonous well.
We do know when things get bad they suffer more. That is the difference. Other than that they are every bit as idiotic as whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2016, 10:28 PM
 
20,675 posts, read 8,833,804 times
Reputation: 7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
By today's standards. I have news for you. There were slave owners that were really good people.
The practice was abhorrent much like many practices of those days....like open season on Indians.

Look at how murdering liberals defend abortion and I guarantee you that practice will be considered abhorrent by future people. At least slaves got a chance to live, be baptized and go home to God after leading as good a life as possible. These murdering, soulless liberals don't even give babies that much humanity.
Are you kidding me. I don't give a damn how good slave owners were. The fact is they had slaves and slaves were considered their legal property and had to obey them. Many of them were raped by their owners. Many would have rather died then live like this, yet you say they got a chance to live. Oh, good on us for providing that I mean who owns people? And you are some how equating this to abortion??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2016, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Hyde Park, Los Angeles
1,544 posts, read 663,718 times
Reputation: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Intelligent, thoughtful human beings??? Not even close. They are no different than whites, a bunch of dummies going back to the poisonous well.
We do know when things get bad they suffer more. That is the difference. Other than that they are every bit as idiotic as whites.
So I'm idiotic, huh?

So explain to me how Black people are idiotic. I want and need you to back this up with cold, hard facts (biased statistics don't count). Better yet, write me an essay with a proper thesis statement on why Black people are idiotic (even though I'd give you a zero anyway since I can never take what you say at face value).

Then again, as a Black person, I'm an idiot, so I won't be able to understand this BS you're spewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2016, 10:48 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,668,144 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Unfortunately Native Americans are more silent because it's so few of them left to complain. The majority were annihilated by the same White supremacy system rhat enslaved Blacks. The few left who maintain their culture are confined to reservations; nothing comparable to the land and lifestyle freedom their ancestors once had.

Blacks were able to withstand and endure the conditions and disease while still being profitable enough in their labor for the "system" that Black slavery endured as long as it did. Strong, yes BOTH groups were STRONG but in different ways. Nice attempt at trying to turn this into a Blacks vs. Native Americans argument but it won't fly. Blacks will not lose sight of the real issue because the pain and heart-break inherited from our ancestors is too deep for us to do so.
Do you live by reservations?


I do and I know for a fact some are off the reservation and live very productive lives if they want to. Many stay because they feel ties to it, many leave knowing the world is a big place and they to can be a part of it. I know of some horse ranches owned by Indians they are far from being poor. I am not saying all Indians are doing well, but its like saying ALL blacks live in the ghetto. Many Native Americans & blacks work for the government and will receive pensions, something most of us don't get.


Make a life for yourself it is not my job or anyone elses to make your life better. Heck, DD complains and he has owned 5 BMW's, but still finds time to whine about the past.......wonder what he is doing to make the world a better place, instead of blaming America and driving RICH cars.

Last edited by wildflower82; 07-29-2016 at 11:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top