Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 07:20 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You should READ your OWN link before making yourself look foolish.

From YOUR site":

"North Carolina
"No-Fee ID Card Program

After January 1, 2014, you will be able to apply for a free NC identification card to be used for voting. To qualify, you will need to:
  • Prove your age and identity.
  • Prove your NC residency.
  • Be registered to vote in North Carolina.
  • Not have a valid driver license.
This form of NC ID card will be valid for voting and for identification purposes only. You will apply using the same documents (proof of name, birth date, Social Security, and residency) as listed above."

"MD Identification Card Fees

The fees for new, renewed or duplicate Maryland ID cards vary.
  • Older than 65 years old: ID Card is free.
  • Disabled: ID Card is free.
I didn't bother to look up any others but, I would NOT be surprised to find more if did.

How does that CROW taste?
You're "crowing" because you found 1? A special Voter's ID...not an official MD ID...which still costs.

Still waiting for that "most of the states" proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 07:22 AM

89,038 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
However none of that verifies the fact that you live in the prescient in which you intend to vote nor does it having any bearing on the expiration dates of your ID.
Birth certificates don't expire. That's the primary document the SSA requires, and they state they "may" accept other proof.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:27 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Voter ID is a perfect example of the democrats bigotry of low expectations -- they think minorities are too stupid to get a proper ID.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I would be quite surprised if a pharmacy refused to fill a valid Oxy script (or sell OTC Sudafed) because the patient's license was expired.
You'd be wrong. Just had that EXACT experience after my Mom's surgery in July.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Sounds like the state wants its $$$ and/or else you lose your identity when your ID expires.
What are you talking about? Nearly all states provide free photo IDs for the poor.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:43 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sorry, maybe you didn't read the original post. Certain groups have a harder time getting a copy of their birth certificate.

"...The midwife at the 1949 home birth in rural South Carolina delivered a healthy baby girl but didn't file a birth certificate. Donna Jean Suggs grew up, got a Social Security card and found work as a home health aide. Try as she might, though, she couldn't get a birth certificate. That meant she couldn't get a driver's license or register to vote...."

Voter Photo ID Laws Hit Older Americans Hard - Voting Rights - AARP

How do you get to be "elderly" in America without having an ID?

You need an ID to do just about anything. How do you live your entire life without one?

Cases such as stated above have to be extremely rare. Also, consider that when states Institute voter ID laws, there are often provisions added to provide ID's at no cost. And it's not like they have to do it every year......most states ID's are good for 4 or 5 years at least.

And BTW, AARP is a Lefty organization with an agenda.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:53 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Sorry!!! This is just a copy!

Now go to the hospital you were born and bring back a certified original.

How many elderly and teenagers are walking around with certified originals?

I am 54 years old the originals are still at my parents home thousands of miles away.

The hospital I was born Is thousands of miles away too.

Imagine now problems when hospital is closed or consolidated.

I myself didn't drive till 19 years old. If my university ID was not accepted I couldn't have voted my first time. I had no utility bills, no cell phone.

According to a study

69 percent of 19-year-olds had licenses in 2014, compared to 87.3 percent in 1983, a 21-percent decrease.

See:

The Decline of the Driver's License - The Atlantic

That's right a full 31% of 19 YO Americans can't vote If Republicans have their way.

It is 100% clear Republicans vote these ID laws into place for one reason and one reason only.

You don't have to go to the hospital you were born at to get a a "certified original" copy of your BC. You don't need a "certified original" copy to an ID either.

When I applied for a passport, they wouldn't even take the original copy. You do the whole thing online to get an official copy, right from the comfort of your Lazyboy.

And you only need to do this once in your entire life. The rest of the time when you renew your ID or DL, you just need the old one.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:57 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You don't have to go to the hospital you were born at to get a a "certified original" copy of your BC. You don't need a "certified original" copy to an ID either.

When I applied for a passport, they wouldn't even take the original copy. You do the whole thing online to get an official copy, right from the comfort of your Lazyboy.

And you only need to do this once in your entire life. The rest of the time when you renew your ID or DL, you just need the old one.
Voter fraud at the polls is almost nonexistent in the US; making it harder for the young, old, poor (presumed Democrats) is not part of the electoral process no matter what Fox news tells America.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
What does that have to doing away with early voting and other ease of voting concepts.

I support the ID concept but why end the others unless you are attempting to curtail certain segments of society from voting.
Your post makes no sense. Early voting should require the same ID requirement, and absentee ballots require signature matching.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Birth certificates still cost money, I've never heard of a free one.
Try signing up for SS or Medicare without one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies