Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 11:21 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times

Advertisements

No justice in this town. Neither office was charged and charges against Yourse were not dropped until both resigned..

Apparently the 1st investigation cleared Officer Cole and a second investigation was then opened.

https://triad-city-beat.com/2016/09/...investigation/

"According to employment history provided by the department, Cole was promoted to the rank of Police Officer III on Aug. 1, well after the June 17 incident with Yourse. It is not immediately clear why Cole was promoted or how this could have occurred during the investigation.

The police department later opened a second investigation into Cole pertaining to the incident and placed him on paid administrative leave on Aug. 10, but Cole resigned on Aug. 19 before the dual investigations could be completed, "

It wasn't until this week that "City council voted unanimously Monday to 'permanently sanction' Officer Travis Cole for using excessive force during the June arrest."

Old 10-01-2016, 11:23 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Hmm here we go again. Black race bait cannot connect the dots. The more black crime, the more opportunity for misidentification. The guy in Minnesota was exposed to policing because of another black committing an armed robbery. But hey its just a black think now .

Here is a familiar case.....

Oh wait no its not, cause it does not fit the narrative.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...investigation/

Stop the police by stopping the crime. Stop the police by not making it a black thing.

Why can't I find that story? Same county and I find this one? Not a big deal either I guess cause it was just black police on blacks.

DeKalb County Police Enter Georgia Home, Threaten To 'Cane' Family (GRAPHIC VIDEO) | Huffington Post

And let me say I am very sympathetic to the victims in that last link. It should happen to no one.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:28 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
When the guy got on the phone and starting speaking ghetto, it set the cop off. It looks like the cop has PTSD from all time he spent policing the hood.
And? If that officer can't control himself over someone's dialect, then that man should not be an officer at all.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:31 AM

The officers lied and made stuff up.

https://triad-city-beat.com/2016/09/...roader-change/

"In the charging documents, [female officer] Jackson accused Yourse of “using his shoulder to press her wrist against a doorframe.” The charge was also dropped.

Also not Cole's first rodeo:

"Cole, who was hired in 2008, had been suspended without pay for one day in mid 2015 over an incident with brothers Devin and Rufus Scales the year prior. After significant public pressure, the city issued a formal apology to them and the Scales brothers received a $50,000 settlement."

http://www.greensboro.com/news/local...18cb84118.html

"Devin Scales said he was previously aware that police protected themselves, but the levels to which it happens — with a citizen having to go through a review committee, the police chief and the city manager before action was taken against the arresting officer — was surprising.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:32 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,678,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Well, it's not racial profiling. Police just get called to these bad neighborhoods looking for the perp so they arrest anyone who looks suspicious.
Looks like a pretty nice neighborhood to me. And that's probably why they abused the guy.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:38 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hmm here we go again. Black race bait cannot connect the dots. The more black crime, the more opportunity for misidentification. The guy in Minnesota was exposed to policing because of another black committing an armed robbery. But hey its just a black think now .

Here is a familiar case.....

Oh wait no its not, cause it does not fit the narrative.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...investigation/

Stop the police by stopping the crime. Stop the police by not making it a black thing.

Why can't I find that story? Same county and I find this one? Not a big deal either I guess cause it was just black police on blacks.

DeKalb County Police Enter Georgia Home, Threaten To 'Cane' Family (GRAPHIC VIDEO) | Huffington Post

And let me say I am very sympathetic to the victims in that last link. It should happen to no one.
Highlighting a problem isn't race baiting gwynedd1. We both know this. Be honest so we can focus on fixing the problem..

Old 10-01-2016, 11:39 AM

Office Cole protects a quiet neighborhood from 2 kids walking down the street - a street with no sidewalks. This cost the city $50,000. Offcer Cole was sent to (obviously ineffective) counselling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh3mD-p2HAw

Old 10-01-2016, 11:43 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
I watched the video. This is one of the few stories where I agree that the cops were wrong. In this case I think the male cop should have been charged.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:46 AM

Exclamation ***We're living in a war zone***

Let's be honest here. There's a large subset of Americans that will do everything within their power to deny the fact that we have a problem with law enforcement killing blacks and walking free. Their entire purpose is to discredit those that fight for positive change. We know who these people are and we know why they do what they do. No one is going to change their minds here but for the rest of us, how long do you think a situation where white men were getting killed by black police officers would last?

Take a look at the video. It reverses the situation in art...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcw35_saLY

Old 10-01-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And? If that officer can't control himself over someone's dialect, then that man should not be an officer at all.
Exactly!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies