Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2016, 08:51 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
When the guy got on the phone and starting speaking ghetto, it set the cop off. It looks like the cop has PTSD from all time he spent policing the hood.
Plus he was calling friends to come over and back him up against the police, so the cop understandably tries to take the phone... and chaos ensues.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:05 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've discussed the actions of the police endlessly here. So if they continue to beat innocent citizens you just accept it? We aren't discussing metaphoric beatings.

If I had my way this officer would be facing prison time. That's the only real way we will address this. When everyone is treated the same, then we all win.

If I walk up to you on your porch and start attacking you, I'm facing jail time.

Exactly. And especially after ID is shown.

I really feel this is happening on purpose.

Here in LA today a black man was shot to death, on Friday a black man in Pasadena died after being tasered twice.

Than a few days ago down in the San Diego area, another incident.

Than the ones across the country. I really wonder if this isn't being done to create civil unrest.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly. And especially after ID is shown.

I really feel this is happening on purpose.

Here in LA today a black man was shot to death, on Friday a black man in Pasadena died after being tasered twice.

Than a few days ago down in the San Diego area, another incident.

Than the ones across the country. I really wonder if this isn't being done to create civil unrest.
Think about how many total encounters there are, on a typical day in America, between police officers doing their jobs and black people who are violent, menacing, agitated or otherwise behaving in a way that could be seen as threatening. Do we really need theories about secret agendas or systematic racism to explain the fact that some of these incidents go very badly?

Old 10-01-2016, 09:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
War zone? I'll bet your street is not as nice as that one. You guys are really exposing your prejudices on this thread. You are the second person to make this assumption.

You're kidding, right!

Old 10-01-2016, 09:44 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Dafuq did I just read?

Bad neighborhood? Are you kidding me? You assumed it was a bad neighborhood without watching the video didn't you? Had your mind made up about the black guy vs. cop from the get go.

I watched that whole video. That was one of the most egregious cases of police escalating a situation that I've ever seen. The man that was sitting on his porch showed remarkable restraint until the cop put his hands on him.

I'm afraid with my temper, it would have gotten ugly way sooner in the encounter. I would have told them to get the (bad word) off my property pretty quickly after they got there.

After the man handed over his ID with that address on it, he should have been apologized to, and they should have left.

Hope the taxpayers in that city like paying lawsuits for rogue cops.
Ok, I watched the video and its pretty messed up what the cops did.

My comment was speaking in general about 99% of these stories. Just goes to show how groups like BLM have lost influence by crying wolf too much. When something actually happens, people don't pay attention.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Ok, I watched the video and its pretty messed up what the cops did.

My comment was speaking in general about 99% of these stories. Just goes to show how groups like BLM have lost influence by crying wolf too much. When something actually happens, people don't pay attention.
And yet people did. He lost his job and the city council saw to it that he will never work as a police officer again.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
It's ironic that some of you excuse what this cop did, saying you fully understand why he reacted as he did, but you just can't understand why some black people complain about the way they're viewed and treated.

Every single black male I know has been stopped and questioned numerous times. Some have PhD's or are attorneys or doctors and make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. They get stopped in a store or while driving, and according to them, their hearts are beating so loudly or they're sweating so much, that they're afraid they look guilty. They haven't done anything wrong, they just want to get home in one piece.

But it wouldn't matter whether they make six figures or are unemployed and on welfare. They're all treated the same and what they have in common is they're black.

Add to that all the blatant shootings of black people that were clearly for no reason, and you might find it reasonable for this guy to call a friend and ask him to come back up his story.

He was polite and respectful, answering the same questions more than once, referring to the officer as 'Sir', and you want to excuse the cop for the way he treated him.

You complain about the violation of your rights but have no empathy when it comes to things like this.

If you were treated the same way, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:17 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's ironic that some of you excuse what this cop did, saying you fully understand why he reacted as he did, but you just can't understand why some black people complain about the way they're viewed and treated.

Every single black male I know has been stopped and questioned numerous times. Some have PhD's or are attorneys or doctors and make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. They get stopped in a store or while driving, and according to them, their hearts are beating so loudly or they're sweating so much, that they're afraid they look guilty. They haven't done anything wrong, they just want to get home in one piece.

But it wouldn't matter whether they make six figures or are unemployed and on welfare. They're all treated the same and what they have in common is they're black.

Add to that all the blatant shootings of black people that were clearly for no reason, and you might find it reasonable for this guy to call a friend and ask him to come back up his story.

He was polite and respectful, answering the same questions more than once, referring to the officer as 'Sir', and you want to excuse the cop for the way he treated him.

You complain about the violation of your rights but have no empathy when it comes to things like this.

If you were treated the same way, you'd be screaming bloody murder.
Won't stop until the black crime rate goes down significantly. That's reality and that's why nobody has any real proposals for this problem. There is no solution to stereotypes because we are all naturally wired to have them. The same human intellectual ability to abstract which has led to great innovation also leads to stereotypes as a means of simplifying the world. Liberals just won't accept this.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Which is it? People need to follow the orders of cops or just ignore cops questions and not provide them with anything?
What an absurd question. Do you even think before you post? Reread my simple, straight forward post which YOU quoted. The answer is in it

Old 10-01-2016, 10:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Won't stop until the black crime rate goes down significantly. That's reality and that's why nobody has any real proposals for this problem.
Sure they do. The first thing we need to do is quit shipping jobs to other countries.

Quote:
There is no solution to stereotypes because we are all naturally wired to have them. The same human intellectual ability to abstract which has led to great innovation also leads to stereotypes as a means of simplifying the world. Liberals just won't accept this.
LOL, you think it's bad because some people won't accept stereotypes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies