Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:27 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,624,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Why is the fact that the POTUS is willing to lie to you even about petty inconsequential things not a matter of concern to you? If he is willing to lie about little things, and obviously lie, on what basis can you trust his statements on things that actually matter?
All past presidents have lied about big things. So far, Trump is keeping his policy promises. He is rolling back obamacare, getting out of harmful trade deals (TPP), and focusing on American energy over "climate change." Those are the things that matter. Not whether Trump says 100k attended his inauguration and the media says 25k (I don't know the real numbers off hand).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 10:27 AM

26,597 posts, read 15,165,887 times
Quote:
So can any Trump supporter explain the strange willingness of his supporters to be lied to by their hero, the willingness to follow a leader who counts on you being too stupid or too much of a sheeple to object to his continual and ridiculous lies?
I voted for Trump.

I am disappointed in his lies.

I have serious concerns about what his performance as president will be (as I would with Hillary).

However, the typical Trump supporter is no different than the typical Obama supporter. Obama lied a lot, Obama broke easy to fulfill promises, Obama broke promises that had nothing to do with congress, endorsed through actions policies he blasted Bush for, etc...

When I would mention this, Obama supporters would go nuts, scream racism, literally lie about what a politifact article said, etc...

People care more about the well-being of their political party than what is best for the country.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:28 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,855,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What lies? If this is about the number of people who showed up, I think most of us have better things to do and think about, than how large a crowd was! Very immature and groveling, but fully expected from the pink hat crowd.

I find it strange that this is a talking point of the left, but then again possibly talking about bringing the country together is not their strong point.
If they have better things to do then was does Trump and the Trump administration keeping raising the topic of the crowd size?

BTW: the last I check Charles Krauthammer is hardly part of the pick hat crowd or from the left side of the political spectrum.

Krauthammer Responds To Spicer: Not A Good Way To Start Out, Unhealthy Obsession With Ratings | Video | RealClearPolitics

Old 01-22-2017, 10:31 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,293,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I voted for Trump.

I am disappointed in his lies.

I have serious concerns about what his performance as president will be (as I would with Hillary).

However, the typical Trump supporter is no different than the typical Obama supporter. Obama lied a lot, Obama broke easy to fulfill promises, Obama broke promises that had nothing to do with congress, endorsed through actions policies he blasted Bush for, etc...

When I would mention this, Obama supporters would go nuts, scream racism, literally lie about what a politifact article said, etc...

People care more about the well-being of their political party than what is best for the country.

I agree with much of this, but I would say the typical Trump supporter IS different than the typical lefty. i really dont know that anyone from the left would actually defend the inauguration crowd flap by believing lies from Obama that it was the biggest ever. They might make excuses for low turnout, but they wouldnt deny the reality of photo evidence.

This with Trump supporters is an entire new level of bizarreness and willingness to act as a sheeple to your heros every word.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:33 AM

25,867 posts, read 16,582,661 times
Quote:
* Inauguration crowd size, where Trump expects his followers to disbelieve hundreds of photos and believe his claim that it was the largest crowd ever.

* Number of transit riders to the inauguration. Simply a number he pulled out of thin air to be larger than the previous inaugurations.

* Obama silences the crowd booing a Trump supporter and tells the crowd the Trump supporter has the right to his views, and Trump claims, and never retracts, that Obama silenced the Trump supporter and kicked him out

* Trump claims Obama founded ISIS and that HC was co founder. Note that he did not just say that Obama was responsible for the formation of ISIS, but that he was an actual founder .

* Trump often claimed that Obama wanted to bring in 200,000 Syrian refugees. The number was actually 10,000, yet Trump refused to quit making the claim.

This is but 5 out of many . And we dont even get into all the claims made during the birther period, or all the times he has denied saying things that are on video showing him saying exactly what he denies.

But lets focus just on this latest one, because he expects his supporters to disbelieve photo evidence and simply believe him without any proof. So, do you believe him? Do you believe that this was the largest crowd ever, PERIOD, in spite of many photos from people from all over the country who attended the event and took photos showing a much smaller crowd ?

Or do you accept that Trump lied to you, and if so, why does him choosing to lie about such a petty matter not bother you, when it shows he has no respect for your ability to think for yourself?
The only two questions you have that are important enough to discuss are the last two. And neither can be answered today.

This thread? More useless drama from people who cannot cope with life:

Old 01-22-2017, 10:34 AM

27,683 posts, read 28,786,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Exactly. Politics is nothing but a spectator sport and all politicians lie.

What actually matters is their performance on the job.

13,778 posts, read 9,684,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I figured you would be used to this after 8 years of BO.

"If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan."

"You'll save $2500 in health insurance premiums."

Lots of "shovel ready" jobs .....

Your health care premium will be no worse than your cell phone bill.

Hey Syria, I'm drawing a line in the sand .....
3rd rate deflection.

So you got nothing. No answers as to why?

33,942 posts, read 22,587,441 times
Quote:
Why is the fact that the POTUS is willing to lie to you even about petty inconsequential things not a matter of concern to you? If he is willing to lie about little things, and obviously lie, on what basis can you trust his statements on things that actually matter?
We cannot. And this was Day 1 of the new administration. Day 1. The new administration started Day 1 with lies and attacking the media for telling the truth.

This is not the sign of a good, successful presidency. Just look back at Nixon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's called idolatry. They will condone anything.
Isn't there something in the Bible about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I challenge the OP and others to name a president who told nothing but the truth during his campaign to be President. Check, every politician running for office makes bold exaggerated or false statements. What matters most is the lies they tell in relation to their political office. Obama sold the faithful the ACA with a series of outright lies. When the US Consulate was attacked in Libya, he knowingly lied about the nature of the attack coming so close to the election season. And whatever happened to those shovel ready jobs?
Day 1. Lies about crowd size. Day 2 - the propaganda minister, Kellyanne, invents the term "alternative facts."

Not off to a good start, folks.

With regard to the 'shovel ready jobs' ~ ask the Congress how they voted on that infrastructure plan.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:39 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,293,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The only two questions you have that are important enough to discuss are the last two. And neither can be answered today.

This thread? More useless drama from people who cannot cope with life:

So your POTUS being willing to lie so obviously to you is of no concern to you?You are such a willing sheeple that you have no issue with him expecting you to accept his lies?

Bizarre. Just frickin bizarre.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:40 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,855,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I personally don't take him that literally. I'm more interested in actual policies than his personal quips.
I don't understand his fascination with his crowd sizes, nor do I understand CNN's multiple articles about it. It's obvious they're trying to downplay the inauguration while he's over reacting and trying to overplay it. In normal elections this isn't news.

The 2008 election was a unique one for comparison purposes given the whole first half black president and all.

He'd be better off ignoring it completely and staying focused on meaningful legislation.
It's good he wants to be a good chief executive, but he's got to remember the Head of State portion of the job as well.
Trump himself again energized the issue of the crowd size during his speech about himself before the CIA.

My wife watches very little political news and doesn't tend to listen to political speeches. She insisted that we needed to listen to what Trump had to say at the CIA to understand his polices agenda. She only made to a little after he proclaimed how intelligent he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies