Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 12:06 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,505,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
and here we go....

Must have been a great time to live when there were no "forced" vaccination...just have total fun as long (or should I say short) as you live......but hey no vaccination

Old 04-03-2017, 12:09 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
There is tons of science out there supporting why to get the vaccinations. I have seen in some FB groups the absolutes of how the science that is out there proves that vaccinations are helpful. Just as suzy_q2010 pointed out to you. Boy some of these parents tear it up in support of vaccinations especially when they almost lose a kid (could not get the vaccination because of their age) due to a disease that could have been prevented.

Here is my thought though. Those of us who can handle the vaccinations should get them especially for those who cannot because of medical issues.
We SHOULD get them, but should we be FORCED to get them?

Old 04-03-2017, 12:09 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,461,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Must have been a great time to live when there were no "forced" vaccination...just have total fun as long (or should I say short) as you live......but hey no vaccination
yup- think of all the freedom!! to get Polio, Chicken Pox, the flu, cholera, TB...

Old 04-03-2017, 12:10 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
yup- think of all the freedom!! to get Polio, Chicken Pox, the flu, cholera, TB...
I mean if s**ting yourself to death at age 12 isn't freedom I don't know what is!

Old 04-03-2017, 12:10 PM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
In the last measles outbreak at Disney, a baby died, the baby was too young to have been vaccinated. A gf of mine is anti vax, & I said their rights to not vaccinate, end, when it can kill an innocent child/baby.
as I'm reading thru this thread I see this....how old was the baby? and I'm just asking, for now....but if the baby was too young to vaccinate, why would you take it out around all these people at Disney?

Don't you believe that is a bit irresponsible? I would never take a baby to a place like that? Seriously, I'm not trying to be aloof, but for me, that's a bit much.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Absolutely none, as long as the non vaccinated person(s) also agree to quarantine themselves/their children completely from the rest of society and never leave said quarantine, so that they aren't FORCING exposure to easily preventable diseases on everyone else.
If those that want to be vaccinated are vaccinated, they are In no danger.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
False, vaccinations aren't 100% effective they rely on herd immunity to fully eradicate diseases. You have been told this before I am sure - willfully ignorant.

Infected vectors still pose a threat to vaccinated individuals, it is just a drastically diminished threat. In addition, people who can be vaccinated(but choose not to because, again - willful ignorance) pose a much larger threat to people who are unable to get vaccinated for legitimate reasons (IE health/age reasons, not "I read not to on Jenny McCarthy's blog, derp.").

Old 04-03-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
False, vaccinations aren't 100% effective they rely on herd immunity to fully eradicate diseases. You have been told this before I am sure - willfully ignorant.

Infected vectors still pose a threat to vaccinated individuals, it is just a drastically diminished threat. In addition, people who can be vaccinated(but choose not to because, again - willful ignorance) pose a much larger threat to people who are unable to get vaccinated for legitimate reasons (IE health/age reasons, not "I read not to on Jenny McCarthy's blog, derp.").
So how many other things would you force on people?

Old 04-03-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
So how many other things would you force on people?
Lots of things are forced on people, weak argument. You think not?

Try:

Not paying taxes
Going on a killing spree
Armed robbery
Opening up a commercial moonshine operation
Selling drugs

AND
ON
AND
ON
AND
ON

Hell, here you are in another thread I was just reading stating that bartenders should be forced to not serve alcohol to intoxicated people.

Quote:
In most states it is illegal to serve alcohol to someone who is already impaired. You find that law wrong? What if a family member of yours was killed by the drunk?
Oh I get it, you are big on "freedom" - but only the kind of "freedom" you personally approve of huh?

So why are you such a hypocrite?

Old 04-03-2017, 12:29 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,461,188 times
Quote:
google herd immunity- also what about newborns who haven't made it through the entire cycle of vaccines or those who may be unable to be vaccinated due to other health issues, should they suffer b/c people read a blog or trust Jenny McCarty more than doctors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies