Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:52 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times

Advertisements

It was horrifying because of her age and the fact that a large group of young teenagers cheered on her attacker as she was slammed on the ground before sent to the pool. At her age bones break much more easily and that attack could have LITERALLY killed her if she'd fallen in a certain way from the body slam.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:52 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Yeah, blame the victim excuse the scum as long as he is of a "politically correct" race. Typical American.
Well, Germany is doing a bang up job of blaming victims these days, so you have no room to be talking.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:53 PM

749 posts, read 735,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I want to add, most teens I know, regardless of race, would NOT treat an older woman like this!
I agree.

Most of the teens I know are pretty exemplary people. They'd never dream of doing anything like this.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:55 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I just said I am 64- and very graceful thank you- - but this is NORTH FT LAUD. Know your environment- she is at a public hotel... what right she has to tell anyone anything? Like the old dude that shot the man dead because he texted in the theaters or the old dude told a teen to tone down the music at the 7-11 parking lot. and shot the boy -
Florida is FULLLLL of snowbirds and retirees,,, go home if you can't accept this is a tourist party state!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am not agreeing with the boy- he is wrong - and will pay the consequences- but she is not RIGHT

OK- here is a better version:
James is a board member at the Player's Club Townhomes in North Lauderdale. She said this all happened Saturday when the music at an unauthorized social media pool party got too loud. She walked to the pool with her dogs to ask them to turn down the music.
board member goes to an unauthorized party -full of teens-
1- talk to an adult- 2- call the cops- this is a crowd of unauthorized people--
3- she is a board member and has no idea of her surroundings/ or protocols _ I do not venture to North FTL- I know my areas-- put herself in harms way- sorry- and I was a apt mgr in hollywood- I know.

Victim blaming and you tell two different stories within a minute of each other.

Sheer stupidity.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:00 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post

Victim blaming and you tell two different stories within a minute of each other.

Sheer stupidity.
Wrong. At some point people have to be held accountable for bad decisions. I never say this, but I am saying it today: tinytrump is absolutely RIGHT on every last thing that they said in their posts. No one is "making excuses" for the idiot who threw her in to the pool - he deserves being arrested and charged, but the "victim" put herself there when she had no business being there. It was not something she could handle.

She should have called the police, not march down there with a crowd of out of control teens and think that "asking" them to turn the music down would have resulted in compliance. Let the cops handle it.

And again, if someone doesn't know how to swim, (and we don't know that she didn't know how to swim, people are projecting their own lack of knowledge on to this lady), do not go near the water, regardless of what you "expect" to happen.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:00 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Good but this is not exactly horrifying. That's a bit hyperbolic. They should be arrested but it's not like they should go to prison for life either.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
I assume you're being sarcastic.
You never threw anyone in a pool?

Old 05-10-2017, 04:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
It was horrifying because of her age and the fact that a large group of young teenagers cheered on her attacker as she was slammed on the ground before sent to the pool. At her age bones break much more easily and that attack could have LITERALLY killed her if she'd fallen in a certain way from the body slam.
Most of us old people ain't that damn fragile.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:04 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You never threw anyone in a pool?
At the last "throw grandma in the pool" party.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:09 PM

7,596 posts, read 4,166,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
What's wrong with North FTL?
It is North Lauderdale and it is not a place I would want to live.

Obviously, the teen should be charged for "expressing" himself this way.

However, the lady should have just called the police. If the party was unauthorized, why would anybody expect those people to be respectful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies