Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
she IS an adult oh sure call the cops all they would say is "did you ask them to turn it down first"?
then cops arrive and they all know she called them. Yeah that'll go over like a fart in church

blame the victim Honestly I swear some folks don't have the common sense God gave lettuce!!!
Who could have died? Or been seriously maimed??? Over what?

Old 05-10-2017, 08:38 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
For the first time ever, I disagree with you. If she's unable to approach this group, the only thing that speaks to is a lack of civility on their part. She shouldn't be intimidated and threatened to the point that she isn't able to make a simple request. Whether they listen to her, ignore her, laugh at her - that's their perogative, but when it comes to the point that a person may be endangered because they dare to make their voice heard, we've crossed a line. And she's not the one who crossed it.
We can live in the land of make believe with "shouldn't" or step in to reality with, as another stated, if the teens are having an out of control unauthorized pool party, what on earth makes anyone think that they are going to listen to a lone individual telling them to turn down their music?

If my next door neighbor is blasting his music every damn weekend while a bunch of his friends are over...all of them far bigger than I am...I would be an idiot to go over there and demand he turn his music down. What on earth positive will come from that? Nothing. Because there are more of them, because they are bigger than me, because the situation can turn ugly, I don't go over there. I call the police. I let the police handle it.

If she has such health problems or couldn't swim, or whatever else people want to come up with, then what I said is correct: She should not have gone there. She was not equipped to handle the situation. She should have called the police and let them handle it. That's why they are there: To serve and to protect. Had she called the police instead of thinking she was going to take on a large crowd of unruly teens, no one would have even heard about this pool party.

And again, since some cannot comprehend what they read: That does not mean that the little punk who shoved her in to the pool gets an excuse.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
We can live in the land of make believe with "shouldn't" and step in to reality with, as another stated, if the teens are having an out of control unauthorized pool party, what on earth makes anyone think that they are going to listen to a lone individual telling them to turn down their music?

If she has such health problems or couldn't swim, or whatever else people want to come up with, then what I said is correct: She should not have gone there. She was not equipped to handle the situation. She should have called the police and let them handle it.
Agreed !!! trying to save the woman's life here, or the next one... Every law enforcement person I know thinks she put herself in harms way... This trying to control and or prove your point will get You killed or hurt. This is not your yard.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:45 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers
A couple of things that I have wondered about after viewing the video where.

1. None of the teens came to her aid after the one picked her up and then fell with her.

2. None of the teens were seen trying to stop the guy from dragging her into the pool.

3. The video was most likely taken and distributed by one of the teens in the middle of the mayhem.
Probably.......They are all scumbags and its sad....

Old 05-10-2017, 08:47 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Agreed !!! trying to save the woman's life here, or the next one... Every law enforcement person I know thinks she put herself in harms way... This trying to control and or prove your point will get You killed or hurt. This is not your yard.
You are correct. She should have called the police. She did not know the size of the crowd or their reaction to her. However 100% she did not deserve what happened to her. Those kids are POS thugs. Bunch of cowards who have zero respect for anyone. Makes my blood boil to see a punk hurt a 67 year old defenseless woman!

Old 05-10-2017, 08:53 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You are correct. She should have called the police. She did not know the size of the crowd or their reaction to her. However 100% she did not deserve what happened to her. Those kids are POS thugs. Bunch of cowards who have zero respect for anyone. Makes my blood boil to see a punk hurt a 67 year old defenseless woman!
Of course she didn't deserve it. Not one person has said that she did. ALL anyone is saying is that she shouldn't have gone there. That's NOT "victim blaming". It's pointing out that people don't need to be playing this role. Unless you're a ninja, the chances of you being able to take on an unruly group of teens is zero to none. So don't put yourself in that situation. The reality is, anymore, you can be shot for less than asking people to turn their music down. So just fricken call the police. That's why they are there.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:55 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Of course she didn't deserve it. Not one person has said that she did. ALL anyone is saying is that she shouldn't have gone there. That's NOT "victim blaming". It's pointing out that people don't need to be playing this role. The reality is, anymore, you can be shot for less than asking people to turn their music down. So just fricken call the police. That's why they are there.
Yep, and a girl shouldn't wear a short skirt to a bar.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yep, and a girl shouldn't wear a short skirt to a bar.
She can wear her short mini to the bar, she not engaging with anyone...

Old 05-10-2017, 09:28 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,488,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I just said I am 64- and very graceful thank you- - but this is NORTH FT LAUD. Know your environment- she is at a public hotel... what right she has to tell anyone anything? Like the old dude that shot the man dead because he texted in the theaters or the old dude told a teen to tone down the music at the 7-11 parking lot. and shot the boy -
Florida is FULLLLL of snowbirds and retirees,,, go home if you can't accept this is a tourist party state!
Thank God I live the furthest direction I can from Florida in the lower 48. You are all awfully angry.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:03 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,578 times
Quote:
Well, Germany is doing a bang up job of blaming victims these days, so you have no room to be talking.
Yes, it is. And guess who imposed that ideology on us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies