Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 02:32 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
He didn't throw a teen into the pool. He picked up a lady that was on the board of directors of the establishment, dropped her on the cement, then picked her up and threw her in the pool.

Obviously, we are not in the best company here. Grabbing her at all was an issue, then dropping her on the cement, picking her up and throwing her in the pool.............. What kind of a person thinks that is OK?

I hope you realzie that you can't just go up and grab someone like that. You missed where he dropped her on the cement and rolled her, picking her up again and throwing her in the pool?

It is criminal. Criminal is horrifying.

Which means, if she could swim, she may have had an injury that would have prevented it after being dropped and rolled on the cement.

Seriously, that is the issue you see here?

Do you have a link for that? She was asking them to turn the music down, it was a public place and I am sure there were rules and complaints to management. I realize that liberals don't think that rules apply to them, but enforcing rules in the real world doesn't make one a "control freak". Really justifying the attack makes one just as guilty to me.

She was grabbed, arms locked around her, dropped on the cement, picked up and thrown in the pool while other members of the group laughed and cheered.

I hope you truly don't mean what you have posted, or you have a long road ahead of you and it won't be all roses either.

Grabbed and held against her will? Dropped on the cement? Thrown into a pool? Yeah, there will be charges and should be. Assault fits: Public Legal Education Association - Legal Resources

WATCH: Man Bodyslams Elderly Woman & Throws Her Into Pool | Heavy.com
She shouldn't have been standing there

Old 05-12-2017, 02:46 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I just disagree with the "street-cred" allegation.
You seriously don't think the little punks that are willing to do that kind of thing in the first place don't get some kind of joy from the other little punks that would do it too?

Like the girl who suggested it probably high-fived him and sees him as a hero for taking her out.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:47 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,896 times
The kid should be sentenced to sit 20 hours per week for the summer near the triage desk at the ambulance entrance of a regional medical center emergency room. He would see a wide range of the ill and injured. Car accidents, gun shot wounds, stabbings, fall victims, drowning victims, etc., etc.

You can't always teach compassion or good judgment where there isn't a foundation for it. But you can often get someone's attention and make a little headway with an exposure like this. A good natural consequence for thoughtlessly endangering the older woman--- and his own future.

A bonus would likely be seeing prisoners coming through in their jump suits, hand cuffs and, often leg chains, accompanied by law enforcement. There's not as much swagger or bravado in the ER. Some potentially good life lessons to be learned by being a fly on the wall there. Leaves an impression.

Pair such an experience with "how did your day go?" meetings with a responsible, concerned adult and the kid might benefit.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:51 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You seriously don't think the little punks that are willing to do that kind of thing in the first place don't get some kind of joy from the other little punks that would do it too?

Like the girl who suggested it probably high-fived him and sees him as a hero for taking her out.
I don't know what you seem to think suggests that based on kids at a pool. But I'm going off of what I hear in the video. A young teenage boy trying to impress a girl seems to fit what happened. I'm just not about to pluralize everthing into "it's their thug culture" for every individual incident. We both know why people are trying to steer it into that direction.

Looks like one idiot trying to impress another female idiot. That's all.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:54 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
I don't know anyone that has a kid that would even remotely consider that as a way to impress a girl.

*shrugs*

Old 05-12-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I don't know anyone that has a kid that would even remotely consider that as a way to impress a girl.

*shrugs*
I don't know any Polish people, I guess that means they don't exist

Old 05-12-2017, 04:50 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You have a lot to learn!

Quote:
I don't know what you seem to think suggests that based on kids at a pool. But I'm going off of what I hear in the video. A young teenage boy trying to impress a girl seems to fit what happened. I'm just not about to pluralize everthing into "it's their thug culture" for every individual incident. We both know why people are trying to steer it into that direction.

By harming another individual? You actually live among people who think that way? I take it that you did not listen to the video clip that I posted. The idiot doing this could have caused her death with her health issues, and she had several, would that impress the girls you know?

All the woman did was ask them to turn down their music. She was on the board for the complex, which kind of made it a duty of hers. The sheriff had been called and several residents had contacted the property manager about the loud music.

The woman had been recovering from a broken hip, has had 3 strokes and had a stent put in they believe just the week before.

Watch the video and you'll see everything I said supported, except my opinion that this person doing this to this woman is thud, probably treats his own mother and gf this way and hopefully reaps what he sows! (and burns in Hell if he continues this behavior). I don't care what his race is, he is a dangerous person and will plague others his entire life. This was not a boyhood stunt or to impress a girl.

As my dad said about treating older people decent, "Some day you'll be old too." and thankfully I am and have always treated people the way I want to be treated. It has paid off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72YV-n5_pM

Old 05-12-2017, 05:56 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
You have a lot to learn!

By harming another individual? You actually live among people who think that way? I take it that you did not listen to the video clip that I posted. The idiot doing this could have caused her death with her health issues, and she had several, would that impress the girls you know?

All the woman did was ask them to turn down their music. She was on the board for the complex, which kind of made it a duty of hers. The sheriff had been called and several residents had contacted the property manager about the loud music.

The woman had been recovering from a broken hip, has had 3 strokes and had a stent put in they believe just the week before.

Watch the video and you'll see everything I said supported, except my opinion that this person doing this to this woman is thud, probably treats his own mother and gf this way and hopefully reaps what he sows! (and burns in Hell if he continues this behavior). I don't care what his race is, he is a dangerous person and will plague others his entire life. This was not a boyhood stunt or to impress a girl.

As my dad said about treating older people decent, "Some day you'll be old too." and thankfully I am and have always treated people the way I want to be treated. It has paid off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72YV-n5_pM
I have seen both angles. In one, you hear the girl telling him to do it. So on some level it was about impressing some girl. A teenage boy doing something stupid to impress a girl...I know that's a first and its shocking, but yes. It's that simple. You keep trying to blow this one incident up into "thug culture" in an attempt to link other people to it. Do you not understand why this is silly to do? It comes off as you just wanting to crap on black people via one incident. If the same exact incident happened with a white kid would you be talking about gangs, street cred, and thug culture? This is why I said people try to pluralize this into "well their thug culture"...like wanting to make all kinds of unrelated people responsible.

Calm down. The boy has been caught and sentenced. Stop with the theatrics now. It's cresting over into fake outrage. He didn't do this to you! Stop acting like your feelings are hurt personally.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
then it's not a good idea to go confront a group of teenagers

Old 05-12-2017, 06:18 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You have that backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies