Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 05:07 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
She did call the police before she approached them, read the article.
How about this. A first for city data. I apologize. I have seen the video a million times. I did not read the article. After calling the police she should have just let law enforcement handle it. Still it will never excuse what that coward POS did to her.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:23 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
I can't resist adding one more thing. If that were my kid (assuming any of mine ever did something like that, which I think is highly implausible), he would NOT be going to basketball. Church and school, fine, but what it this teaching him if he gets to continue to do something he likes? He would also have no access to phone, computer (aside from school work), iPad, etc., and he would be hauling groceries and cleaning that lady's toilet.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:36 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
21 days in home detention.

that'll show him!
Then it says facing one count of battery to person 65 or older.

Pathetic headline "allegedly".

Old 05-11-2017, 06:01 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I can't resist adding one more thing. If that were my kid (assuming any of mine ever did something like that, which I think is highly implausible), he would NOT be going to basketball. Church and school, fine, but what it this teaching him if he gets to continue to do something he likes? He would also have no access to phone, computer (aside from school work), iPad, etc., and he would be hauling groceries and cleaning that lady's toilet.
I found the basketball exception strange too.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:43 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
When I was a teenager I was not exactly a saint, but I was more inclined to help an old lady than to shove her into a body of water.

But times are changing so the next time I see some old lady complaining, I'll just punch her square in the mouth or slam her into a wall. Don't want to be seen as old fashioned, ya know.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:01 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Maybe he's got the golden ticket, a lot of talent in basketball and could get a scholarship for it. That is, if a college will want him now. Hopefully they will, but these days with these kids posting everything online, his youth is not a protection.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:05 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Somehow I learned many lessons without ever going to jail.

Fine the kid, give him community service.
Have him do his community service work at a nursing home- under strict supervision.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:35 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
21 days in home detention.

that'll show him!
No it won't. That's nothing. With only 21 days home detention, he is now the badass gangsta ***** of the area. This will encourage other young men to do the same to prove themselves. The sentence in this case is encouraging a thug culture.

But whatever. I'm sure I'll be labeled a racist for pointing out the bleeding obvious here. The guy was doing it to get negative attention and to prove to his gangsta buddies that he's a badasd. They're probably laughing their butts off right now.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:37 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Somehow I learned many lessons without ever going to jail.

Fine the kid, give him community service.
How about giving him the same treatment that he gave to the woman. No jail time or community service.

Have a 350 lb line backer do a body slam on him on the same cement and drag him and throw him in the pool. If he recovers from it it will teach him a lesson about doing onto others what you would like done to you.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:46 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
The kid looked like he was a can short of a six pack or short about 20 IQ points of triple digits. What he did was stupid and thoughtless and had a degree of violence. But you could say he wasn't aware that what he was doing was violent and assault. That's IF he is developmentally challenged. If he isn't then he should have known better and it gets raised to assault. He should plead guilty but retarded.
Having him spend a few hot summer months picking up trash along the roadsides and doing yard work and maintenance for the community would be okay. Plus ban him for a few years from the pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies