Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 05:57 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Sorry you knock a 67 year old woman to the ground, throw her in a pool you are nothing more than a coward and a POS. Men don't hurt women. Men certainly don't hurt elderly women. The kid is a disgusting thug!!!
Agreed.

Haven't read this entire thread but many 67 year old women have significant health issues - high blood pressure, brittle bones,heart issues etc. There is no way to know what COULD have happened to this woman but it had the potential to get much worse (either resulting from increased violence by the group or a health emergency on the part of the woman).

There is also the issue of being an elderly woman surrounded by a large group of out-of-control teenagers. I admin a pro law enforcement page and see officers surrounded by large and hostile groups of people often. There is no way to gain control of a large group when it is out of control and when you are alone. It has the potential to be an extremely dangerous situation. Not only was she physically manhandled and physically assaulted, we don't know whether or not she had a fear of the water, but she must certainly have had fear of the large group once she realized that her safety was in danger.

Put yourself in her position. She is older. She is a woman. Presumably she is unarmed. She is surrounded by a large group of laughing and hostile individuals. Someone puts their hands on her. They pick her up off her feet. She falls hard to the ground and a hostile individual falls on top of her. This same person then picks her up off her feet again and throws her into a swimming pool. She is now in a lower and more vulnerable position than the group, What happens next? She doesn't know. What would you feel at that point?

She should not have confronted the group. She should not have confronted the group alone. She should have anticipated the danger she was putting herself in. But not every 60-something lady thinks like that, and ultimately she did nothing wrong. Ultimately, the actions of the group are what matters.

Truthfully, everyone needs to begin critically thinking about the positions they place themselves in (regardless of age), think through what could potentially go wrong and what actions could be taken to save yourselves should the need arise. EVERYONE needs to consider this. We live in dangerous times.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:02 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am 64-- so I can TALK on this medium-- but when I go to public places- LIVE AND LET LIVE baby - i am from Miami,,, this pool party stuff is 24-7 - dont like it- GO elsewhere-- like an arizona mountain
so in other words, you're a cowardly doormat?

Old 05-10-2017, 06:06 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
I am not agreeing with the boy- he is wrong - and will pay the consequences- but she is not RIGHT

OK- here is a better version:
James is a board member at the Player’s Club Townhomes in North Lauderdale. She said this all happened Saturday when the music at an unauthorized social media pool party got too loud. She walked to the pool with her dogs to ask them to turn down the music.
board member goes to an unauthorized party- full of teens-
1- talk to an adult- 2- call the cops- this is a crowd of unauthorized people--
3- she is a board member and has no idea of her surroundings/ or protocols _ I do not venture to North FTL- I know my areas-- put herself in harms way- sorry- and I was a apt mgr in hollywood- I know.

she IS an adult oh sure call the cops all they would say is "did you ask them to turn it down first"?
then cops arrive and they all know she called them. Yeah that'll go over like a fart in church

blame the victim Honestly I swear some folks don't have the common sense God gave lettuce!!!

Old 05-10-2017, 06:10 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers
A Florida teenager turned himself in to police after a video showing him dragging and throwing a woman into a pool was posted online.
GOOD He got what he deserved!!!

Bloody moron!!

Old 05-10-2017, 07:31 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,399 times
A couple of things that I have wondered about after viewing the video where.

1. None of the teens came to her aid after the one picked her up and then fell with her.

2. None of the teens were seen trying to stop the guy from dragging her into the pool.

3. The video was most likely taken and distributed by one of the teens in the middle of the mayhem.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:49 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
so in other words, you're a cowardly doormat?
No, hardly, you be so surprised .... but what she did makes no sense, you go ahead and get your self or Fam hurt or killed proving a point.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
That's the thing young people don't realize. My grandma could have easily been hospitalized after that kind of fall on cement. If she had broken her hip she wouldn't have been able to swim. Kids just don't think about consequences. She's lucky, and so is he. If she would have died it would have been life changing for so many people.
I'm young and still hate crowds of young people. They can act stupid in crowds.
If you hate them, the wise thing is be to stay CLEAR! Not try to control them. I guess you all were goodie two shoes when young and never got into problems. Again the kid is wrong... But people. Do not try to control a crowd.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, you're wrong. It was in a community with an HOA and they were breaking the rules. She was simply asking them to turn down the music because residents were complaining. She wasn't a "control freak." I've seen many parties around a pool in a gated or planned community and even adults who get drunk are asked to leave if their behavior becomes loud and offensive.

I was a teenager once and I still enjoy a good time, but not at the expense of others in my community. Also, you should never pick up anyone you don't know, young or old, and toss that person into a pool. Did you notice he dropped her on the cement first? What if she was on medication or had seizures? I wish people would stop defending bad behavior.
You love to twist,,, I said the kid was wrong. But she was stupid by putting herself in a position to control a large crowd. Why????? HOA might have security or even maintain men. Or call the cops. Period.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post

Victim blaming and you tell two different stories within a minute of each other.

Sheer stupidity.
No the story I read did not say it was a community pool, so I thought was a hotel. 2 from first sentence said kid was wrong and will get punishment. But not changing my mind on the erroneous move on her part - I said I was a apt mgr. in Hollywood. Never ever try to clear up a party out if control by yourself. That's crazy. So call it what you want. Glad she's ok, but lessons to rest... Call the cops or security.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:20 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
No, hardly, you be so surprised .... but what she did makes no sense, you go ahead and get your self or Fam hurt or killed proving a point.
That's what a CCW is for. The equalizer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies