Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 08:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes. The wrong way to express himself. She went up to them because they were having an out of control pool party, and wanting her to shut up, he chose to grab her and throw her in to the pool. The correct way to express himself would have been to have a discussion with her.

If people consider this "horrifying", I am amazed at what sheltered lives they've led. There's many things in this world that are horrifying. This was not one of them.

And if you can't swim, why be anywhere near a pool...doesn't matter if you didn't expect to find yourself there, don't go near the water if you don't know how to get out of it.

Not all dogs will attack. My boy dog would. My girl dog would probably follow the crowd home because she would find their activity and energy level to be appealing.
It is an apartment complex, she lives there.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Some ran and some stayed and helped her out- but to me the woman was WRONG_ leave people alone!!!- she is a CONTROL FREAK- go away-
sorry got dunked but the teen did turn himself in and did not realize he hurt her- I do not agree on either action ...but old foggies please shut up already--
Really, the woman has the right to peace and quiet, the music was too loud and she rightfully asked them to turn it down and ends up being thrown into the pool. The "old foggie" has as many rights as you do. Remember, you will be an old foggie some day and I hope you are respected more than this woman was.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It was stupid. He needs a slap on the wrist. Teens throw eachother into pools all the time. He forgot the boundaries.

It sure ain't horrifying.
He didn't "forget" the boundaries. He wanted negative attention from his buddies, and had no respect for others- stop sugarcoating. He needs to go to jail, otherwise he will learn that "I can do whatever I want w/o any real consequences."

Old 05-11-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I just said I am 64- and very graceful thank you- - but this is NORTH FT LAUD. Know your environment- she is at a public hotel... what right she has to tell anyone anything? Like the old dude that shot the man dead because he texted in the theaters or the old dude told a teen to tone down the music at the 7-11 parking lot. and shot the boy -
Florida is FULLLLL of snowbirds and retirees,,, go home if you can't accept this is a tourist party state!
Florida is a zhithole transient state anyway, and I wouldn't be caught dead there. BTW, she was not at a public hotel, she is in the apartment complex where she lives and had every right to complain.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You are correct. She should have called the police. She did not know the size of the crowd or their reaction to her. However 100% she did not deserve what happened to her. Those kids are POS thugs. Bunch of cowards who have zero respect for anyone. Makes my blood boil to see a punk hurt a 67 year old defenseless woman!
She did call the police before she approached them, read the article.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:48 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I agree.

Have we become a society that we cannot even approach people to make a request. Do we have to call cops and overburden them for such trivial things. She was within her rights as a board member to approach them

Sometimes I may have had a loud party going on that might have been a bit more decibels more than I realized, or gone on later than it should. I would not have minded my neighbors from approaching me to please tone it down a bit and I would have taken appropriate action and informed my guests accordingly. Much better than cops with flashing lights on the doorway.

Does not matter if the kid is white, black, Hispanic or Asian. He needs to be punished initiating a potentially life threatening situation.
I agree. Having been young once myself, I would prefer not to call the cops on a bunch of kids.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:56 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Some ran and some stayed and helped her out- but to me the woman was WRONG_ leave people alone!!!- she is a CONTROL FREAK- go away-
sorry got dunked but the teen did turn himself in and did not realize he hurt her- I do not agree on either action ...but old foggies please shut up already--
with all due respect, aren't you 64 years old?

I agree with you that the lady perhaps should've called the police officer. But if I have done something wrong (like if my party was too loud) , I would appreciate somebody came up to me and spoke with me first before getting authority involved. It is just me though.

lol

If she was wrong and should have left people alone, then why did you suggest in your posts that she should have called police officers? hmmm

The lady was asking a group of party-goers to turn down the music, what is wrong with that? Most (no, actually ALL) civilized people would take other people's feelings into consideration.

She is a control freak? I am sure if she have called the police officers like you have suggested, you would've called her a snowflake.

She can not win for people with your type of mentality.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-11-2017 at 10:06 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 03:40 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
21 days in home detention.

that'll show him!

Old 05-11-2017, 04:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He didn't "forget" the boundaries. He wanted negative attention from his buddies, and had no respect for others- stop sugarcoating. He needs to go to jail, otherwise he will learn that "I can do whatever I want w/o any real consequences."
Somehow I learned many lessons without ever going to jail.

Fine the kid, give him community service.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Somehow I learned many lessons without ever going to jail.

Fine the kid, give him community service.
See the link in post 108. There is a video interviewing the victim.

The woman is still recovering from a recent hip surgery and has had 3 strokes! She is 68 years old and has a 44 year old son. Slamming her to the ground and dragging her to the pool could have caused permanent bodily harm. What if she had another stroke?

At 68, while recovering from hip surgery, she is much more receptive to injury. She said in the video she has sons and her house was always filled with teenagers, just not boys who would act this way. I don't know how anyone can defend this young man. He's lucky he lives in FL where at 16 his crime is considered to be a juvenile offense.

Her dogs were also forced into the pool and she suffered numerous injuries to her body. So he needs to be charged with animal cruelty as well as assault.

Yes, it's true that the jails are full of non-violent criminals, but he attacked a 68 year old woman who was no threat to him, simply because she asked if music could be turned down to a reasonable level.

By the way, this isn't over yet. He is on home detention now, but he is still facing charges AFAIK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies