Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 06:20 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
then it's not a good idea to go confront a group of teenagers
She didn't go to confront them, she went to ask them to keep the noise down. Her mistake to treat them like civilized people.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:48 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I have seen both angles. In one, you hear the girl telling him to do it. So on some level it was about impressing some girl. A teenage boy doing something stupid to impress a girl...I know that's a first and its shocking, but yes. It's that simple. You keep trying to blow this one incident up into "thug culture" in an attempt to link other people to it. Do you not understand why this is silly to do? It comes off as you just wanting to crap on black people via one incident. If the same exact incident happened with a white kid would you be talking about gangs, street cred, and thug culture? This is why I said people try to pluralize this into "well their thug culture"...like wanting to make all kinds of unrelated people responsible.

Calm down. The boy has been caught and sentenced. Stop with the theatrics now. It's cresting over into fake outrage. He didn't do this to you! Stop acting like your feelings are hurt personally.
It is more like you are stating a position based on political correctness. You want the incident downplayed because of the race of those behaving badly.

AnywhereElse even stated "I don't care what his race is"

You're the one putting a racial label on the incident with this statement: " If the same exact incident happened with a white kid would you be talking about gangs, street cred, and thug culture?"

Anyone who watched the two vids knows exactly what happened.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:07 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
It is more like you are stating a position based on political correctness. You want the incident downplayed because of the race of those behaving badly.

AnywhereElse even stated "I don't care what his race is"

You're the one putting a racial label on the incident with this statement: " If the same exact incident happened with a white kid would you be talking about gangs, street cred, and thug culture?"

Anyone who watched the two vids knows exactly what happened.
i'm not downplaying it. Yall want this kids life to be permanently ruined over this. He got sentenced and it actually fit the crime. Yall keep trying to make it about "culture" or "Street cred" meaning you want to include unrelated black people. Again, you bordering on fake outrage. You're acting as if he killed her. Calm down. Stop taking it personal like it happened to you. Who hurt you?

Old 05-12-2017, 11:22 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
i'm not downplaying it. Yall want this kids life to be permanently ruined over this. He got sentenced and it actually fit the crime. Yall keep trying to make it about "culture" or "Street cred" meaning you want to include unrelated black people. Again, you bordering on fake outrage. You're acting as if he killed her. Calm down. Stop taking it personal like it happened to you. Who hurt you?

First of all, what kind of human being picks up an old lady, drops her on the pavement, then tosses her into a pool ? I will tell you the kind, one that has no regard for another persons' life and has zero respect for human decency.

The only good thing to come out of this is that he might meet some bigger guy in prison who tosses him around like a rag doll.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:37 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
First of all, what kind of human being picks up an old lady, drops her on the pavement, then tosses her into a pool ? I will tell you the kind, one that has no regard for another persons' life and has zero respect for human decency.

The only good thing to come out of this is that he might meet some bigger guy in prison who tosses him around like a rag doll.

I don't think dropping her to the pavement was intentional.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:38 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I don't think dropping her to the pavement was intentional.

Doesnt matter. Lots of crimes happen that are unintentional.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:03 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Maybe so, but I do believe he may be redeemable. Hopefully he learns his lesson and will think before acting (something that he will most likely do as he ages). One thing he will learn is how utterly damaging these video postings on social media are to a person's future.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:22 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Doesnt matter. Lots of crimes happen that are unintentional.
The mindset of the perp determines the seriousness of the charges in many cases.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:26 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes. The wrong way to express himself. She went up to them because they were having an out of control pool party, and wanting her to shut up, he chose to grab her and throw her in to the pool. The correct way to express himself would have been to have a discussion with her.

If people consider this "horrifying", I am amazed at what sheltered lives they've led. There's many things in this world that are horrifying. This was not one of them.

And if you can't swim, why be anywhere near a pool...doesn't matter if you didn't expect to find yourself there, don't go near the water if you don't know how to get out of it.

Not all dogs will attack. My boy dog would. My girl dog would probably follow the crowd home because she would find their activity and energy level to be appealing.
Victim blaming. Don't go anywhere near a pool if you can't swim - it doesn't matter if you didn't expect to find yourself there, thrown to the concrete, then dumped into the pool. It is your own fault for it happening. Terrific.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:27 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Victim blaming. Don't go anywhere near a pool if you can't swim - it doesn't matter if you didn't expect to find yourself there, thrown to the concrete, then dumped into the pool. It is your own fault for it happening. Terrific.
I think a certain group of people would rather blame the victim and realize that they have no right to ever put their hands on anyone for any reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies