Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 07:09 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
21 days in home detention.

that'll show him!
What a joke, he should have been thrown in juvinial detention for 1 year.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
How about this. A first for city data. I apologize. I have seen the video a million times. I did not read the article. After calling the police she should have just let law enforcement handle it. Still it will never excuse what that coward POS did to her.
Yea, I agree she should have let the police handle it.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I can't resist adding one more thing. If that were my kid (assuming any of mine ever did something like that, which I think is highly implausible), he would NOT be going to basketball. Church and school, fine, but what it this teaching him if he gets to continue to do something he likes? He would also have no access to phone, computer (aside from school work), iPad, etc., and he would be hauling groceries and cleaning that lady's toilet.
I had three sons, and can honestly say throwing an elderly lady in a swimming pool would never have crossed their mind.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Yea, I agree she should have let the police handle it.
I suppose she was stuck in the times when it was pretty safe to ask teens to keep the noise down. The worst that could happen is they call you names and turn the music louder.

Also, "Several unit owners called us, the sheriff's office was called. One of the ladies on the board of directors went over there to break up the situation and the sheriff's department took quite a while to get there," property manager Glen Sugarman said.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:23 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Of course she didn't deserve it. Not one person has said that she did. ALL anyone is saying is that she shouldn't have gone there. That's NOT "victim blaming". It's pointing out that people don't need to be playing this role. Unless you're a ninja, the chances of you being able to take on an unruly group of teens is zero to none. So don't put yourself in that situation. The reality is, anymore, you can be shot for less than asking people to turn their music down. So just fricken call the police. That's why they are there.
i think this is the first time i've repped you. lol

full stop

anyways, what that one idiot did is indefensible. And i hope that little idiot girl that told him to do it also get's charged with something.

with that said, kill me if i get to the point where a bunch of teens having a pool party makes me call the police or if i get to the point when i'm going up to a bunch of teens at a pool and tell them to stop having fun. LOL. I can't imagine being that uptight. I would imagine the Sheriff's dept took a while to get there because they had actual crime to attend to.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:33 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,495,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I had three sons, and can honestly say throwing an elderly lady in a swimming pool would never have crossed their mind.
I think she said her son is forty and that they used to always have a house full of boys. What's different now, this party was planned on social media, filmed on social media, with an aftermath on social media. I'm still going to tell my neighbors to tone it down, if I ever have too (doubtful). However, I will check the crowd size very closely before doing so, lol. I just read the kid's mother went with him to the police station, so hopefully she's on him. Also read his father is in jail for murder, not good.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:43 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I think she said her son is forty and that they used to always have a house full of boys. What's different now, this party was planned on social media, filmed on social media, with an aftermath on social media. I'm still going to tell my neighbors to tone it down, if I ever have too (doubtful). However, I will check the crowd size very closely before doing so, lol. I just read the kid's mother went with him to the police station, so hopefully she's on him. Also read his father is in jail for murder, not good.
(last sentence ).........just confirms what many say about smart alecs, jerks, or thugs..

"If you think he is bad, you should have seen his father "

Old 05-12-2017, 10:46 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,285 times
And he should be. No home training.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:52 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,256,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
A Florida teenager turned himself in to police after a video showing him dragging and throwing a woman into a pool was posted online.

Gutfeld: Horrifying Video Shows Elderly Woman Being Thrown In Pool | Fox News Insider
Has he been awarded an honorary degree yet?

Old 05-12-2017, 10:55 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,737 times
If the senior could not swim then the action could have easily been deadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.