Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:37 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's horrifying because she was an elderly lady who could have been seriously injured and her quality of life ruined with that tackle. He didn't even know if she could swim. How on earth is this NOT horrifying? That young people have absolutely zero respect for their elders, or the common sense to know you don't assault an elder (or anyone especially for that reason)?
I am not agreeing with the boy- he is wrong - and will pay the consequences- but she is not RIGHT

OK- here is a better version:
James is a board member at the Player’s Club Townhomes in North Lauderdale. She said this all happened Saturday when the music at an unauthorized social media pool party got too loud. She walked to the pool with her dogs to ask them to turn down the music.
board member goes to an unauthorized party- full of teens-
1- talk to an adult- 2- call the cops- this is a crowd of unauthorized people--
3- she is a board member and has no idea of her surroundings/ or protocols _ I do not venture to North FTL- I know my areas-- put herself in harms way- sorry- and I was a apt mgr in hollywood- I know.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:39 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am 64-- so I can TALK on this medium-- but when I go to public places- LIVE AND LET LIVE baby - i am from Miami,,, this pool party stuff is 24-7 - dont like it- GO elsewhere-- like an arizona mountain
Someone knocks you down at that age and you break your hip you may never get out of bed again.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:39 PM

749 posts, read 735,583 times
Quote:
I am not agreeing with the boy- he is wrong - and will pay the consequences- but she is not RIGHT
She should have just called the police.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:40 PM

1,248 posts, read 824,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And if you can't swim, why be anywhere near a pool...doesn't matter if you didn't expect to find yourself there, don't go near the water if you don't know how to get out of it.
Yeah, blame the victim excuse the scum as long as he is of a "politically correct" race. Typical American.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:46 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Speaking as a liberal, I want to see this kid locked away for 10 years.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:47 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Some ran and some stayed and helped her out- but to me the woman was WRONG_ leave people alone!!!- she is a CONTROL FREAK- go away-
sorry got dunked but the teen did turn himself in and did not realize he hurt her- I do not agree on either action ...but old foggies please shut up already--

Obviously, you're so old you've lost your mind. While I don't think he meant to do harm, your statement is way out of left field. As a board member, if the residents are complaining, she had every right to ask them to lower the volume on the music, and they had no right to lay a hand on her.

I want to add, most teens I know, regardless of race, would NOT treat an older woman like this!

Old 05-10-2017, 03:50 PM

749 posts, read 735,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Yeah, blame the victim excuse the scum as long as he is of a "politically correct" race. Typical American.
No no, not "typical American." Typical LEFTIST.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:51 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Really? "Horrifying"? I hate when the news cheapens words. It was not "horrifying". It was wrong, the kid was a jerk, it was definitely assault, but it was not "horrifying".

"Horrifying" would be if the kids beat her in to unconsciousness and then threw her in to the pool. This was just some idiot who chose the wrong way to express himself. Yes, I saw the video yesterday or maybe the day before, not once was I "horrified".

I don't hold any high regard for him turning himself in. Had there been no video evidence, would he still have done so?

I bet if you were slammed to the pavement, then tossed into that pool, you would consider the word "horrifying " pretty damn appropriate. And the "kid" was not a jerk, he was a criminal. If she had hit her head, he might be facing murder charges.

Easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, isn't it ?

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
I just said I am 64- and very graceful thank you- - but this is NORTH FT LAUD. Know your environment- she is at a public hotel... what right she has to tell anyone anything? Like the old dude that shot the man dead because he texted in the theaters or the old dude told a teen to tone down the music at the 7-11 parking lot. and shot the boy -
Florida is FULLLLL of snowbirds and retirees,,, go home if you can't accept this is a tourist party state!
Sorry, but you are way out of line. The "old dude" who shot the man in the theater was a retired cop from Tampa. In case you didn't know, it's a city in Florida. Also, the man who shot the teenagers in Jacksonville lived in FL and was neither old nor retired. He was just a gun happy racist. Michael Dunn was 49 when convicted of murder and he lived in Melbourne FL.

Give up before you bury yourself even deeper.

2,240 posts, read 1,387,143 times
Quote:

OK- here is a better version:
James is a board member at the Player’s Club Townhomes in North Lauderdale. She said this all happened Saturday when the music at an unauthorized social media pool party got too loud. She walked to the pool with her dogs to ask them to turn down the music.
board member goes to an unauthorized party- full of teens-
1- talk to an adult- 2- call the cops- this is a crowd of unauthorized people--
3- she is a board member and has no idea of her surroundings/ or protocols _ I do not venture to North FTL- I know my areas-- put herself in harms way- sorry- and I was a apt mgr in hollywood- I know.
What's wrong with North FTL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies