Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 09:18 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Have I seen you demand people start a charity to fund them?
Sure fine, good.

Now, after all that evasion, are you now going to agree people should pay for their own way or start a charity to support it?

Or... should I expect more devious argument from you?

Old 05-19-2017, 09:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
A house is considered an investment.
Is that not part of the reason why people can not afford one for decades if they have to pay cash?

Quote:
Typically, when you have a proper down payment you are not trapped into a loosing situation.
We have moved the target. So we are dismissing the idea that people should be paying cash?

Quote:
At least this was the norm before improper government intrusion into housing and higher education for that matter. There are right and wrong ways to use debt, most people choose badly, most wealthy choose wisely. Most people who prosper do not consider social programs and apply good financial skills.
I bought my first house with zero down in 1986.

A large part of the problem in the crash was because of some very expensive properties.......retail developments.....bailing out of banks......this wasn't done by the poor.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:20 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Now, after all that evasion, are you now going to agree people should pay for their own way or start a charity to support it?
I dunno...can the military just hold rummage sales to cover their bloated budget, or are us taxpayers on the hook for footing that bill?

Old 05-19-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Sure fine, good.

Or... should I expect more devious argument from you?
No, we should fund what we want to create BUT unfortunately life is far from perfect and it would be impossible for charities to cover the health needs of a country and people shouldn't have to beg to see a doctor.

It's sad that there are so many that claim the U.S. is a Christian based country but then tell the poor, too bad you are sick.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:21 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,469 times
Quote:
That's great for the guy that drives 5 miles to work, NOT for the sales rep. Quit evading the point.
As with any business, you appropriate earnings where they belong. My auto fund is suited for my needs. The salesman should decide his planning accordingly. Yet, that does not call for excessive buying. My building, equipment and delivery van are all paid for. I borrowed only 3.5 years on my building. I was not stuck with debts when the financial crisis hit, I had savings.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I dunno...can the military just hold rummage sales to cover their bloated budget, or are us taxpayers on the hook for footing that bill?
Charities can NOT cover the health care needs of the millions without either. It can't be done. So it seems you are unwilling to pay for the offensive wars (in more way than one) but are happy to demand others do so to see a doctor.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Charities can NOT cover the health care needs of the millions without either. It can't be done. So it seems you are unwilling to pay for the offensive wars (in more way than one) but are happy to demand others do so to see a doctor.
I believe in helping others. We all ALREADY ARE paying for each others' health care in one way or another anyway.

Yes, people's health and well-being is more important to me than needless, endless, incalculably costly wars. Call me crazy.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:26 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
I believe in helping others. We all ALREADY ARE paying for each others' health care in one way or another anyway.

Yes, people's health and well-being is more important to me than needless, endless, incalculably costly wars. Call me crazy.
Part of the problem is that money on the wars is already spent, part of our debt, and cant be taken back.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Part of the problem is that money on the wars is already spent, part of our debt, and cant be taken back.
We can stop it tomorrow. I see few demand we quit spending Trillions that they are unwilling to actually pay for.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:39 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
Quote:
Eerily similar to how most neocons support outlawing same sex marriage, endorse prohibition of marijuana, seek to outlaw personal reproductive decisions, exact taxpayer money to pay for unwarranted military expenditure increases, etc.

How very "small government" of them.
I don't want to pay for social programs (other people's​ problems). I am also for gay marriage, de-criminalize marijuana, don't care what goes on in your bedroom, want a strong military, want to strictly enforce our borders and immigration laws.

Am I a neo-con? (Whatever that means).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies