Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
As I said, you stay out of debt, live well below your means and save. I'm not an advocate of borrowing large sums for a degree. It might work for doctors, but few others. And, it is typical that people buy way too much house because they can. If the government were to stop backing mortgage loans, banks would not loan recklessly.
Please....we all are not going to be able to save enough to pay cash for our houses. Fake solutions are not to be taken seriously.

Quote:
Your new graduate can get a differment and sell or walk away from his/her mortgage. Before anyone buys a home they should have at least 3 months expenses in savings to cover job shock. But, this is just how I think, which works.
People were not able to sell in 2009. It took many well over 3 months to find another job.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It doesn't happen overnight, but being self employed does put one a better mindset than working for someone else. It does take years, but if one does the adjustments that end up with positive reactions then one can work through the ups and downs of the economy and end up never using most social programs. I too also have everything paid off and carrying no more than 30 days of debt at any one time.
Yes.....after years.....what about the millions that do not have years under their belt yet?

Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Guys school debt is no ones else's fault but his own. Guy chose career path, Guy chose school, Guy chose debt. Guy gets a job and should be working off debt, not purchasing a home and a new car. When Guy has enough experience at one job he should job hop to increase his salary. As his salary increases, his debt decreases.
The economy collapses under your scenario. Maybe our economy should be built upon another model and I agree BUT it is not.

So again.....real world here, not your make believe one.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:17 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Or you know, we could see how successful these programs are run in another countries using evidence based testing and incorporate them here.

Oh I know, I know.

"I got mine."

Just continue to ignore the facts.
No. They aren't successful, they just cost enormous amounts and proclaim themselves to be creating a less free environment with dependence on the government.

Use your own money.

Seriously, if you care, use your own damn money and quit blow harding about how you care enough to use other peoples money.

See, you people have no faith in your own belief. A person who starts a business sinks their worth into that risk because they believe it will be successful.

Liars, thieves and charlatans go on about how they can do well risking other peoples money.

As I said, you start up a charity with all that money you progressives have in Hollywood, Big businesses, etc.. you do so out of your own choice, because.. you know.. you care and all.

Then, after you have SACRIFICED your own money, your own time, and efforts, then we can talk about a legitimate position of caring and not some BS political ideology pushed by ignorance and naivety all the while safely promoting it on the backs of other peoples income.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:18 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Please....we all are not going to be able to save enough to pay cash for our houses. Fake solutions are not to be taken seriously.

It depends on where the first home is and the size of it. It is doable after some X amount of years in the workforce.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:19 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,804 times
Social programs are stupid.
All these poor people, elderly, and disabled people should just pray if they want something.
God will provide.

Signed,
Ted Cruz
Super CONSERVATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
1. Defense of this nation is clearly established as one of the few taxable purposes.
Our current wars have nothing to do with defense of the country. Until you are willing to walk the walk here, support or not nothing else you say is of interest.

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
I am against (most) social programs because I don't want to pay for your problems and bad decisions.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:25 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,469 times
Quote:

People were not able to sell in 2009. It took many well over 3 months to find another job.
I never said go pay cash for a house. I said to not have "consumer" debt(auto loans, revolving credit card, etc.). I said don't buy too much house.

Think, what would you do differently right now if there were no welfare programs, which includes unemployment? I highly suggest you read "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey and "The Automatic Millionaire" by David Bach. It is a fallacy to think people need welfare and social programs.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:26 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,508 times
Quote:
That is not what he said. He said they would not loan recklessly.

We used to pay 20% down for a home, and only purchase a home that produced a payment of a 1/4-1/3 of our monthly income.

We used to pay cash for our cars.

We used to do all these things because we saved our money, acted responsible in our spending, made goals for ourselves, etc...

We used to do this and yet here you are claiming it can't be done?

Oh I get it, not everyone can do this? So? Not everyone will make billions of dollars or own a super Yact or an island, should we then give them one because well... since everyone can't? Based on your logic, that is all that is required to justify giving handouts, that not everyone will?

The problem with progressive ideology is that it thinks it can give handouts to make everyone equal. All it ends up doing is taking everyone and putting them at the lowest common denominator, but hey... that would be "fair" and "equal" right?

How about people learn to pay their own way, then... we don't have to follow the enormously stupid policy of forcing everyone into poverty because some lazy inept idiot can't seem to motivate themselves to do anything other than the absolute minimum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies