Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 06:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
If you think about it, it's kind of silly how the national anthem gets played at all these sporting events. From kids games, high school, college and pro sports. it seems like its fake patriotism to me. Do other countries do this?

I think its more appropriate for special events like a sports all star game, International games (U.S vs a
foreign team) and Olympic games.
You think therefore it must be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I think its more appropriate not to allow Progs to participate in sporting events.

(what I just said makes as much sense as what you said. )
I think (since we are all thinking today) that you sounded less senseless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
It was a joke. Not necessarily a very good one, but just poking fun at those who think it's okay to punch a guy for having a Nazi armband. Trying to show how we need to respect rights, even when we disagree.
At least the Nazi is willing to show his face. Anyone wearing a face mask in public is not only looking to start something, but a coward to boot. It's their way of remaining anonymous, just as they do hiding behind their keyboards and phones.

I'd sooner punch one of them considering they are more dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 06:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
These are private businesses right? If you don't like it, don't go. Or ask them to meet your needs as a customer. Let the market decide.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:30 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
"We should get rid of these statues"
"We should get rid of the pledge of allegiance"
"We should get rid of the flag"
"We should get rid of the national anthem"
"We should get rid of the USA"

Not going to happen no matter how hard the sycophants on the left try to remove everything about this country. Find another battle, you won't win this one.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:33 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"We should get rid of these statues"
"We should get rid of the pledge of allegiance"
"We should get rid of the flag"
"We should get rid of the national anthem"
"We should get rid of the USA"

Not going to happen no matter how hard the sycophants on the left try to remove everything about this country. Find another battle, you won't win this one.
Very dramatic.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:59 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Amazing that people who like the anthem are more concerned that other people are quietly taking a knee. It's exposing so many people. Like if you claim you're all about that rah-rah bald eagle life, just keep doing your thing and stop worrying about others. Just the notion that certain people want some things changed for the better about America is really triggering the mess out of these people. Hilarious. I guess it really pisses people off that others aren't playing along with their Americana fantasy. The fact that they would rather metaphorically "burn it down" than to continue their desire to sing the anthem is also hilarious.

Someone in this thread called it "grandstanding". LMAO.
I believe it is not people are concerned by those who take a knee during a time honored tradition of standing for the national anthem. Their taking a knee is a sign of disrespect and they are doing it to push a political agenda which is the wrong time and place to do so.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:07 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
I still cannot figure out why PROGS hate America so much.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I believe it is not people are concerned by those who take a knee during a time honored tradition of standing for the national anthem. Their taking a knee is a sign of disrespect and they are doing it to push a political agenda which is the wrong time and place to do so.
It's not up to you when it is the right time to protest. You can not deny that these protests have gotten people's attention and caused us to talk about the problems.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:08 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
It was a joke. Not necessarily a very good one, but just poking fun at those who think it's okay to punch a guy for having a Nazi armband. Trying to show how we need to respect rights, even when we disagree.
Oh ok.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I still cannot figure out why PROGS hate America so much.
They don't. They hate some of the things America is doing. Many of the things were things that "Conservatives" were once not long ago against.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:10 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Always the "wrong time and place" to protest.

Always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies