Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2017, 12:40 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No one has a problem with black people, it's the poor urban ghetto culture that some of them cling to that is very off-putting to those of higher socioeconomic/educated classes. As I've posted before, it puzzles me how the black community loves their ebonic dialect and ghetto/rap stylings, when clearly in expressing themselves that way holds them back in making upward progress, and it also makes it difficult for those outside their community to want to associate with them.

Urban black ghetto culture is not some precious way of life. Urban ghetto culture should not be equated with black culture. Meanwhile, white male musicians are the ones who listen to and admire blues and jazz music styles, all begun with black musicians. Not one of my black co-workers even listen to old blues and jazz music recordings. They are all about what's on the radio now.

Speaking in ebonics, dressing like their favorite rap musician, not marrying their baby mommas, using the N-word but not letting anyone else use it... well IMO it's a childish protest against the world, and it isn't working. Why do they rebel against conformity? Why do they rebel so much against what works for everyone else? Their N-word is no different from a white person with a Confederate flag waving from their car.

And another thing that I've noticed, is that those trapped in the ghetto culture cycle have no desire to be middle class. Just like their love for buying lottery tickets, they either want to stay poor enough to collect government freebies, or they want to be a millionaire. They don't want to be middle class. What appeals to them is an easy life living large, like their favorite celebrities. So many of them have side hobbies trying to make rap music, some of the kids at work also have DJ setups too. And the young black women throw their money away on their several hundred dollar weaves and hair extensions. One of them is a co-worker who at the age of 20 became a baby momma earlier in the year. It's really so tragic.

Urban ghetto (macho) culture is a broken loser culture and one that can't compete in US culture or th global marketplace. And our governments shouldn't be supported it with welfare and Section 8 housing. Urban ghetto culture should be stamped out, just like white supremacy.

In order to succeed in today's world, one needs to be a geek or learn a skilled trade, and stop expecting minimum wages to be a livage wage.
Here’s the problem with people like you. All blacks don’t act the same, aren’t raised the same, don’t dress the same, don’t talk the same way, and also (believe it, or not) don’t exactly have the same “culture.” The same goes for other American ethnic groups.

And culture doesn’t just go away... it changes and transforms over time. It adapts to certain circumstances.

As for music choices, please. I heard a young black boy blasting some heavy metal, acid rock type sh** on my morning bus. And not everyone in the ghetto is on public assistance, food stamps, and neglects their children. This entire post is very stereotypical.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:42 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
People move to where the jobs are what happens is people are being forced to move to an area they can't really afford because housing / rent prices are spiraling out of control in all of the cities that have jobs.

The U.S. needs to start building HIGHER buildings like they do in Asia, and invest more in public transportation, rail systems. Housing and rental prices are inflated in the U.S. artificially and intentionally by the super wealthy that can afford to buy up all of the land and property.

The U.S. is being extremely stupid in that people don't get it. Real estate is all about control and is a rich mans money making scam.

What happens when every inch of land is developed and/or owned? Once you control all of the land, you control the people. Until the people take it back.
We don’t need higher buildings. Higher wages, lower tuition, lower stress, and higher quality of life are what people need.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:00 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
We don’t need higher buildings. Higher wages, lower tuition, lower stress, and higher quality of life are what people need.
Yeah ok the fact that Americans think they need 5 acres of land and a 2 car garage isn't a part of the problem or anything.

Everyone knows that in other countries even hotels are built differently. The U.S. wastes land. You build vertical, not horizontal in high demand areas.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:11 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Yeah ok the fact that Americans think they need 5 acres of land and a 2 car garage isn't a part of the problem or anything.

EVeryone knows that in other countries even hotels are built differently. The U.S. wastes land. You build vertical, not horizontal in high demand areas.
A couple isn't supposed to be able to garage their cars anymore? Have a garden? Have a place for their kids and pets to run?

You guys just want to take everything from private ownership and force your overcrowded, claustrophobic, small space, owning nothing lifestyle on everyone.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A couple isn't supposed to be able to garage their cars anymore? Have a garden? Have a place for their kids and pets to run?

You guys just want to take everything from private ownership and force your overcrowded, claustrophobic, small space, owning nothing lifestyle on everyone.
You can have that still...in Montana. Not 5 minutes from downtown L.A. where working people are. People that want that, that's where they should have to move to. High demand areas should have very strict building codes and buildings that are designed to handle high population density.

We don't have the room for all of this nonsense in high demand areas. Why the hell do you think the cost of living is spiraling out of control?

We're out of land.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:32 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
You can have that still...in Montana. People that want that, that's where they should have to move to.

High demand areas should have very strict building codes and buildings that are designed to handle high population density.
What high demand areas have 5 acre residential minimums? Not likely.

I know of 2 acre mins, but these are in further suburb/exurbs, they have wells and septics, no gas lines, therefore two acres is necessary.

There are a lot of older houses in the cities, do you want to raze the victorians in San Francisco to build 40 story gray blocks? Maybe kill off Boston's architectural history too? Because some people are too lazy to commute.

How about we work on spreading the jobs around instead, so everyone doesn't have to crowd into cities. We have plenty of room to expand rather than contracting into fewer areas of very high density.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What high demand areas have 5 acre residential minimums? Not likely.

I know of 2 acre mins, but these are in further suburb/exurbs, they have wells and septics, no gas lines, therefore two acres is necessary.

There are a lot of older houses in the cities, do you want to raze the victorians in San Francisco to build 40 story gray blocks? Maybe kill off Boston's architectural history too? Because some people are too lazy to commute.

How about we work on spreading the jobs around instead, so everyone doesn't have to crowd into cities. We have plenty of room to expand rather than contracting into fewer areas of very high density.
No need to tear down buildings but urban sprawl should be strictly controlled in high population density areas and that's where the 40 story buildings should be built, and supported by public transportation such as light rail / monorails.
The U.S. can do this very easily but we'd rather waste money on wars and corporate welfare, give the wealthy tax breaks, etc.

I already gave a great example of how the land is wasted U.S. cities. Las Vegas is the perfect example. The way it's being developed is a complete waste of land.

I've seen it with my own eyes and you even see it on Google Satellite for yourself.

Urban sprawl just like Denver. It's a joke. The cost of living in Denver used to be normal now it's ridiculous.
The super wealthy simply buy up all of the land and inflate the price of everything.

Screw them. Time for the people to take it all back. That's the civil war.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:14 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Here’s the problem with people like you. All blacks don’t act the same, aren’t raised the same, don’t dress the same, don’t talk the same way, and also (believe it, or not) don’t exactly have the same “culture.” The same goes for other American ethnic groups.

And culture doesn’t just go away... it changes and transforms over time. It adapts to certain circumstances.

As for music choices, please. I heard a young black boy blasting some heavy metal, acid rock type sh** on my morning bus. And not everyone in the ghetto is on public assistance, food stamps, and neglects their children. This entire post is very stereotypical.
But you regressives have no problem making sweeping generalizations about whites though, don't you?

It's your side that says "ALL WHITES benefit from white privilege", so if you're going to throw it at whites, don't be all up in a bunch if whites throw it back at you, even if it's not accurate (as "ALL WHITES" are equal is not an accurate statement).

Not that I don't necessarily agree with you - of course all ethnic groups/races are diverse within their own uniqueness, but my point is a valid one.

Collective guilt of whites = okay. Collective guilt of any non-white collective = RACISM.

That's BS

Last edited by Kavalier; 12-22-2017 at 03:07 PM..

Old 12-22-2017, 07:10 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That still doesn't reflect well on Trump, because if he doesn't stop and think of what he retweets, he's careless and a fool. And it's pretty well known that he's impulsive and definitely not a deep thinker.
What you are not speaking to, is the obvious. When someone makes a single comment on an issue, that you agree with, why is it careless and a foolish to agree with it, unless you perform a thorough investigation of everything else the person said or did their entire lives?

I'm leaving a movie theater, and some stranger walking out with me, says he thought it was an awesome movie. If I agree with him, then people like you will scream how dare I agree with that guy, he's a racist.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:22 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Human history is filled with tribalism, nationalism, and racism. Our collective history is barbaric, backwards, and saturated with ignorance. Since ignorance fuels hatred, we have become the war-mongering, racist, greedy, selfish, narcissistic, nationalistic, hateful, violent species into which we've all evolved.

Diversity is a beautiful word which indicates that we have the potential to overcome our ignorant and limited past. It means that we have the intelligence to develop into a truly triumphant species capable of both protecting and nurturing all the children of humanity. Diversity means that we are all capable of compassion. Diversity means that we are capable of collectively lifting ourselves up through education. There's nothing greater than learning the many varied dimensions of ourselves as brothers and sisters of the world...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies