Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 10:47 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Yes, I would dearly love that!

But, you need to make your pitch to the hyper-emotional, hair-on-fire people who clearly NEED something to freak-out about every dang week. It's a form of adrenaline jolt and they become physically dependent on it. It's true...research it.....an organic form of drug dependence.

I don't know why it's so difficult for people to grasp that the clock is not going to turn back on either issue.
The Lefties are being played by their "leaders" and the MSM. Read the poll on here that the OP of this thread put up. Even HE won't acknowledge how off-base his constant accusations have been relative to what the reality is about how voters feel.

Take a deep breath, my pretties, and find another drug. I recommend the great outdoors.

P.S. The Righties are also being played by some of their leaders about these 2 issues. More the religious leaders rather than political ones. Neither issue is going in reverse much as some may try to promise otherwise (ahem, while they ask for donations. See how that works?)
Good post. Agreed that both sides are being played on these issues.

And yes, the great outdoors is a great idea this time of year!

Old 07-01-2018, 10:48 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Agreed.

I think Trump could care less about gay marriage but I don't know about Pence and his influence on the president. I hope they let it alone.

I doubt they will proactively address it, but neither control what cases come via lower court rulings, which is how stuff reaches SCOTUS.

Cases do not start at SCOTUS-no matter which party is in the Oval Office.

Had a lower court judge not made a faulty ruling on the travel ban, SC could not have heard the case.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies