Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Am I the only one feeling like I have been watching the Game of Throne for the past weeks?
LOL. That's our politics now. This is us.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:52 PM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He clerked for Kennedy. Justice Kennedy felt safe to retire and probably hand picked his replacement. I think Kavanaugh is mature enough to make rulings based on laws and not pique.
You watched the hearings, did you think he acted mature.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Bepop,
There is no crime dear. A crime is an event reported to the police at time approximate to occurrence. Thirty years is not approximate. Let's see, a woman steps forward out of nowhere to say Kavanaugh pushed himself against her thirty years ago. Then she says she was drugged and raped(?) . She can't remember the exact date, can't remember if it was actually him, she can't remember where the alleged "rape" took place, she's not sure who was around at the time, but everyone she could name has stated it never happened, AND YET 30% OF AMERICANS BELIEVE HER.
Dear, I don't think you have paid any attention at all. Perhaps you need to go back and review the testimony.

Oh, and FYI - it's FAR more than 30% that believe Ford. Dear.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:54 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,239,225 times
Quote:
Am I the only one feeling like I have been watching the Game of Throne for the past weeks?
In Game of Thrones, Cersei Lannister became the queen. In real life, she lost the election.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:55 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Geez, can’t win for losing. If he only hired male clerks it would have been a terrible thing. Now because he hired a lot of female law clerks he’s a sexual harasser. And yet, not one of his clerks ever came out and said anything negative about him. Quite the opposite, they gave glowing recommendations.
You understand why they might not want to rock the boat.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:56 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,286 times
so have Democrats explained why they believe Ford yet?

Old 10-04-2018, 05:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet he did the same attacking Clinton and liberal groups. And it is Congressionalit confirmed and documented. He said this was a hit yet there is no proof that it actually is. So should we take him at face value or not?
I am honestly not sure what you mean and who he is?
If he is Kavanaugh? I would say he is justified in calling it a hit. weeks of accusations and condemnations from ranking party members. All based upon very weak and unfounded accusations. The dems from the start made this very personal.

I am no Kavanaugh supporter. I have no clue if he would be a good SCOTUS. I care that a major political party used the protection of their party's clout to single out and attack and slander a citizen and that citizen has no recourse.

This is troubling and I am concerned that it is so easily accepted in the name of my party wrong or right, ends justify the means thinking. This is how developing nations dispense justice. No different than what we are seeing in the Philippines. Someone need only accuse and that is good enough? Read the many posts on here. The posts before either Ford or Kavanaugh testified.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:57 PM

8,496 posts, read 3,336,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Can’t even get his name right. I suspect some left debilitating delusional disease.
This is funny, or not. If inquiring minds really want to know ... I'll type it out for the poster. No need having yet new accusations believed.

Brett became Bart after a Georgetown Prep teacher mispronounced his name. The group used funny nicknames.

Brett tried to talk his way around being Bart at the hearing ... the Bart O'Kavanaugh of Judge's book ... although obviously he is ... instead of answering a Senator's question for gasp a denial would be perjury he deflected to the story of Judge as an alcoholic who had cancer ... and then when the Senator persisted Brett accused the Senator of:

"making fun of some guy who has an addiction."

Kavanaugh at his Trumpian finest. After the testimony, a letter surfaced (the infamous "Beach Week" letter acquired by the NYT) where Kavanaugh signed using his nickname of Bart.

So Brett really IS Bart with (think some) ALL the baggage that goes with it, including his guilt with Ford.

Best to get back to dissecting Ford, really.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:57 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
I think the plot twist is going to go something like Bart O'Kavanaugh is actually the secret twin of Brett Kavanaugh. At birth his parents decided to pretend they only had one child so they could simultaneously teach the boys different skills so it looked like they have just one really high achiever. Bart was the social guy who lifted weights and went to all the parties. Brett was the studious one and he was locked away studying all the time which is why he thinks Devil's Triangle is a drinking game and 16 year olds make jokes about farting by asking each other if they farted yet.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:58 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
I love the new and last worm of a twist from the losing dems: "Well, I guess Ford was wrong, but just look how badly he reacted when we called him a racist! He is too immature to be SCOTUS!" What sham this entire thing is. While I don't like a partisan SCOTUS, I would completely understand if he votes to hear the votes against every . . . single . . . big-ticket democrat issue and concern that reaches SCOTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies