Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2019, 06:39 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,755,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I wonder what will be required for very young (before school age) children? Of course they would have a birth certificate and SS card, but nothing else. Enough?

Daughter will be flying with her sons (3 and 5) in November.

Children are not required to have a RealID if they are traveling with an adult who does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 06:40 AM

22,086 posts, read 9,648,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
And yet, illegal aliens are allowed to fly without anything.
This is true.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It's everywhere. This is simply George W. Bush's policies coming to maturity. After 9/11 when Homeland Security and the TSA were created, very few protested because they were scared and wanted Washington to take care of them. That started the data collection, and is the reason you have to take your shoes off to fly. They have been checking social media accounts, cell phone contents, and walking people in front of x-ray machines for a while, now. This is just the latest in a long line of indignities.

It's only going to get worse as long as we allow it to. The terrorists won a long time ago, aided by the GOP.
Irony considering the Democrats weaponized the FBI, DOJ and CIA under OBAMA to spy on the rival's political campaign. Oh, yes. It came out yesterday that the CIA (John Brennen) is being investigated too.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You have a source for that because I think that's a whoppa.
https://ijr.com/tsa-has-been-allowin...dentification/

Here's your source.

The TSA Has Been Allowing Migrants to Fly Throughout the US Without Proper Identification

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has been allowing migrants to fly to other parts of the U.S. without proper identification....

Old 06-13-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Seriously? Prove it - link please.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has been allowing migrants to fly to other parts of the U.S. without proper identification.

https://ijr.com/tsa-has-been-allowin...dentification/

Old 06-13-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Real ID driver license does not apply to illegal alien asylum seeker. All they have to show is their 'notice to appear'.
90% do not show up for the 'appearance'.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:52 AM

89,445 posts, read 45,146,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This has been coming for a while. Anyone outside of NY thinking it's not going to happen in their state is dreaming.

This should be neither a surprise, nor a hardship. If you can get to the airport, you can get an ID. This chronic attitude of 'it's going to be too hard' is getting old. If people needed a damn ID to claim their lottery winnings, we'd find out how doable getting an ID is.
Yeah, the only extra step I had to take was to get a certified copy of my marriage certificate to pair with my birth certificate to prove what my full middle name spelled out is (EVERY other form of ID and legal document I have except my birth certificate in my maiden name has only my middle initial) and my married name change. I should have a copy of my marriage certificate, anyway, as so many things require proof of relationship, especially as we age.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:57 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,694,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yeah, the only extra step I had to take was to get a certified copy of my marriage certificate to pair with my birth certificate to prove what my full middle name spelled out is (EVERY other form of ID and legal document I have except my birth certificate in my maiden name has only my middle initial) and my married name change. I should have a copy of my marriage certificate, anyway, as so many things require proof of relationship, especially as we age.
There are posters reading this and sighing right now because it's sooooo much work. A *hardship*.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:05 AM

10,553 posts, read 6,200,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not so easy peasy. Here in NC, your full middle name must be spelled out on at least one form of ID proof to get your "Real ID." Well, I have not one single ID document in my married name with my full middle name spelled out on it. Not my US passport, not my previous DL, not my SS card. Not any of my tax forms. Nothing. All had only my middle initial. I had to get a certified copy of my marriage certificate (from 35 years ago) paired with my birth certificate to prove what my full middle name is.

Okay.

Heres the thing though, no offense but how have you managed to end up without your middle name on your passport?
I can only think that you must have consciously left it out for some reason in the past, thinking it wasn't important. Your passport, out of all forms of ID should be accurate.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:09 AM

89,445 posts, read 45,146,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Okay.

Heres the thing though, no offense but how have you managed to end up without your middle name on your passport?
It was processed that way by the US State Department. My passports, even through many successive renewals, have only had my middle initial since I was 16 years old in the 1970s. Even both my original SS card, and then the one issued after I married and my name changed, had only my middle initial. It wasn't an issue back then.

Quote:
I can only think that you must have consciously left it out for some reason in the past, thinking it wasn't important. Your passport, out of all forms of ID should be accurate.
Nope. Back in the 1970s, many legal applications/forms only asked for a middle initial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies