Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If you're making the point that people who go to Trump rallies are likely to be worse human beings than even Trump, I think we are, for once, in agreement on something.
So, now we’re back to the old “deplorable” thing again.

Hillary Clinton is calling you.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:36 AM

1,161 posts, read 435,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If you hate America, I really wish you would leave...

Who hates America?

Don't worry, evilnewbie, if someone hated living in this country they aren't waiting around for your permission to move out of the country. They know they can leave.

The problem is that people like you are incredibly hypcocritcal. So when someone from talks about what they think are improvements that America can make to "make America Great again" if you agree with them, you're all for it. If you are opposed to their ideas you've acutally allowed yourself to buy into this ignorant ideal that "they hate America"
Put on your big girl pants and grow up and understand that we do not live in a dictatorship. Meaning we don't all have to agree with your views, or the views of our leaders, in order to live in the country.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:37 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you certainly did. there is no other way to interpret it:

"What kind of tolerance should be given to a president who whips a crowd up into a frenzy by chanting send her back?"
Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. He did whip the crowd up, yes. I didn't watch him so I don't know what he said. I do know the crowd chanted send her back. It's all just so stupid.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:38 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. He did whip the crowd up, yes. I didn't watch him so I don't know what he said. I do know the crowd chanted send her back. It's all just so stupid.
If you didn’t watch it then why are you describing the rally as though you did?

Old 07-18-2019, 10:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Omar cheated our immigration system by marrying her brother. Additionally, she wants to change America.

I wish she would go back.
Is that like Trump did bringing his store bought, wife’s parents over here??

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I never said she wasn't a citizen. I said she lied -- and even then, I backtracked and said that maybe I was mistaken. Go back and read my posts if you don't believe me. If I am wrong and you can prove it by linking my post, I will admit that I was wrong.

Actually, you know what? It is not just you (not by a long shot), but many of the posts on the P&OC column are frustrating and angering me because of all the distortions going on, so I am taking a break for the rest of today, at least (although I will be back).

For all of you on both sides of the issue who have somehow managed to remain civil, I salute you.
What I am incredibly angered at and frustrated with is that the leader of the free world would stoop to something as stupid and incendiary as telling American citizens to go back to where they came from. It's beyond the pale. And that he would gleefully listen while the crowd chants send her back is even more disturbing. I remember when one woman during John McCain's campaign said something about Obama being a Muslim and McCain stopped her right there and corrected her. I guess those days are gone. We are now living in the gutter and playing to the lowest common denominator.

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, now we’re back to the old “deplorable” thing again.
That's you deciding to use that term, not me.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:40 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
This is so sad how obliviously Trump supporters have exposed their souls to America.

It's no longer an argument that the GOP might tolerate racists, but they don't impact the platform or message. It's no longer an argument that the racists are a marginal slice of the GOP, not worth focusing on.

After watching a Trump rally, with attendees reiterating the racist attack from Trump, it's clear that the racism in the GOP is not a flaw, it's a feature.

Here is where we are: a minority person has a different view of what America should be doing than your traditional Trump-supporting Conservative. The response? "Shut up. YOU don't get a say in how WE run this country." Is that racist enough for you?

But what if you're a minority whose family has been in America for generations? "Shut up. YOU don't get a say in what it means to be AMERICAN. YOU are not one of US." Is that racist enough for you? How is that different than "we don't want your kind here?"

The message from Trump's base and by extension the GOP, by virtue of their silence, is minorities are only allowed in America by the good graces of White people. If minorities don't toe the line, they can GTFO, regardless of how long they've been here. Minorities don't get to tell White people how to run this country.

So at this point, is there any real counter argument against the claim that Trump's entire platform is based on not MAGA, but MAW(hite)A? Nooooope.
I'm a supporter of Trump, and will vote for him or whomever gets the GOP nomination. That being said, I really don't want to see the basis of his campaign on these 4 women and the dislike for them.

That being said, it doesn't matter what color or gender they are, I still don't like their agenda's. At least three of them, I don't know much about Pressley. And the quicker they can be voted out of their seats the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
If you didn’t watch it then why are you describing the rally as though you did?
Because I can read about what happened. I make it a point to never watch him or listen to his voice. Are you denying they said that? I've seen many clips of people who attend Trump rallies. It ain't pretty.

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Is that like Trump did bringing his store bought, wife’s parents over here??
No, the Trump family chain migration actually happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies