Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 11:10 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Much of the arguments here in defense of Trump and/or how Trump is not racist and/or xenophobic would be fun to see in the context of how Trump is also not sexist...

About women, Trump said, "“When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”

Why is this statement sexist or disrespectful of women?!? There aren't really any words that anyone can label as sexist per se. Trump is married! In fact, Trump has married more than one woman! How can Trump be sexist? There are even women who support Trump! Why would anyone think Trump is sexist?

Must be politically motivated. TDS. Can't possibly be that Trump is ACTUALLY sexist. Or racist, or xenophobic, or not too smart or anything but a good old boy American. Sheesh! Where's my MAGA hat?
I believe he treats women with only one thought in mind. And that thought isn't how intelligent or now capable they are. It's more how much they're willing to put out either willingly or against their will. He has very little respect for women as he's demonstrated, especially if they're unattractive women.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:11 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
will this satisfy the 'racism!'-shriekers? i doubt it.

Quote:
President Donald on Thursday disavowed the “send her back” chant that broke out at his rally on Wednesday night.

"I was not happy with it. I disagree with it,” Trump said to reporters about the chant, which began after the president again went after Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) as part of his ongoing attack on four progressive freshman congresswomen.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-rally-1421371

Old 07-18-2019, 11:11 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Much of the arguments here in defense of Trump and/or how Trump is not racist and/or xenophobic would be fun to see in the context of how Trump is also not sexist...

About women, Trump said, "“When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”

Why is this statement sexist or disrespectful of women?!? There aren't really any words that anyone can label as sexist per se. Trump is married! In fact, Trump has married more than one woman! How can Trump be sexist? There are even women who support Trump! Why would anyone think Trump is sexist?

Must be politically motivated. TDS. Can't possibly be that Trump is ACTUALLY sexist. Or racist, or xenophobic, or not too smart or anything but a good old boy American. Sheesh! Where's my MAGA hat?
That's not being sexist either, and women have stated worse about what they can get from men and what men would allow them to get away with.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
And here you go...Trump 'disavows' (not a word HE would ever use).....the chant from the rally.

Of course his folks told him -- this is not what the President of the USA would support.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:13 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Omar cheated our immigration system by marrying her brother. Additionally, she wants to change America.

I wish she would go back.
I have not heard that about Omar, but I'll research it. Interesting...

But to the bolded: So does Trump. Why is his change OK, but hers is not?

Trump has been on a 3-year tirade about what a "disaster" our country is. He has been steady saying we are not great, that we are a joke, and only he can fix it. And he goes on foreign soil and sides with murderous dictators over our own Public Servants. How is that acceptable to you, but not OK if someone else has a different view.

It saddens me to say this, but I think the OP articulated perfectly what is going on. I've had a hard time finding the words for it, but he/she nailed it. I wish with every ounce of my heart that what was posted in the OP was not true, but sadly, it is.

(My issue is not that they don't agree with Omar, AOC, Obama, Hillary, Bernie, or whomever. It's how these people have been treated. I had a lot more respect for the GOP when they represented American and Conservative values. Today they represent neither.)

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
I was not there, but let me chime in too!

SEND HER BACK!

and the rest of the people committing treason against the USA.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
will this satisfy the 'racism!'-shriekers? i doubt it.
Well he had to disavow it -- it was ridiculous.

The fact he didn't respond last night when they chanted it -- and it took someone in his office to tell him it wasn't right is pretty disgusting don't you think.

Here's where Trump fans will show their true colors.

First they will defend the chant.
Then they will defend Trump who decides the next day to disavow it......and some how blame TDS & the media for the whole incident.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:14 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
She mocked Americans for fearing Al Qaeda

Send her back
Trump has mocked Americans for getting captured defending our rights, while he sat out with fake bone-spurs. SEND HIM AWAY.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:16 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I was not there, but let me chime in too!

SEND HER BACK!

and the rest of the people committing treason against the USA.
What treason? Provide her exact crime and her exact words. Your post is so ridiculous.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And here you go...Trump 'disavows' (not a word HE would ever use).....the chant from the rally.

Of course his folks told him -- this is not what the President of the USA would support.
uh.. he didn't use the word 'disavow'. how hard is it to click on a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies