Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 04:07 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Answer what? You’re comparison to slavery makes absolutely no sense.
To be fair, that poster rarely makes sense.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:41 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
To be fair, that poster rarely makes sense.
It's a simple question, what is so hard about that.

"Trot me out the immigration law(s), they broke."

I can bring you the laws the authorities have broken, as well as, their mess ups.

A Border Agent Detained Two Americans Speaking Spanish. Now They Have Sued.

An American Citizen Is Released From Immigration Custody After Nearly a Month

I make sense to the right people and I'm not intimidated by people I don't know, or those I do for that matter.

Hispanic Americans in South Texas Are Being Denied Passports, Held in Immigration Detention Centers: Washington Post
" ... the bar for proving citizenship appears to be getting higher."

Old 07-26-2019, 05:52 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
No youre just an ignorant partisan who eats up what the liberal media wants you to believe. Theres a thread on the above BS. Put that punk back in a cage.

"Let's see. He's 18, traveling with his 17-year-old brother who's an illegal alien, and a car full of other people who don't have proof of U.S. citizenship, he signed self-deportation papers two days after he was taken into custody, his fingerprints match those on a tourist visa, which states that he was born in Mexico, obtained for him by his mother, also an illegal alien, who couldn't obtain a passport for him because, as well as stating that he was born in Mexico for the tourist visa, she used a fake name on his birth certificate, ...and it's unreasonable that any of these things, which conflict with documents he presents, would fuel suspicion about his citizenship?

Okay."

No Shower for 23 Days; U.S. citizen says conditions were so bad he almost self deported..

Old 07-26-2019, 07:05 AM

62,961 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Well, Mr. Martinez, what if you were told you should go back where you came from, eh? 'Cause that sounds like an "illegal immigrant" name to me (and to Mr. Trump). And then, when you provide the paperwork that shows you are here legally/a citizen (as I assume you are), the guards laugh and make fun of you, and refuse to look at your paperwork until someone on the outside gets a lawyer to shove it under their noses. And that can take weeks or months.

The ones that cross illegally are breaking a misdemeanor law, the equivalent of jaywalking or not carrying proof of insurance in a car. Many, if not most undocumented immigrants are undocumented because their visas expired, and they overstayed them. A paperwork issue, not like violent crime. Heck, even Melania Trump violated her visa by working when she was not allowed. Should we throw her in the camp? See what she looks like after a few weeks without a shower? Yeah, didn't think so.

Of course, the ones that are here to seek asylum are not breaking a law by crossing the border. Our law requires asylum seekers to be on US soil first.

If one wants to change our nation from what it is then yes move to another country of your liking and the country of origin of your ancestors might be the one for you. It's that simple.

Crossing our border illegally is a violation of our immigration laws and no it's not equivilant to jaywalking. No such thing as an undocumented immigrant either they are illegal aliens. No, most illegals here jumped our border they are not visa over stayers but both those issues need to be addressed. Doesn't matter what Melania Trump did or didn't do she is a U.S. citizen now so stop grasping at straws to defend illegal aliens today.

No, our asylum laws do not require asylum seekers to be on our soil first. Where the hell are you getting that? They can apply after jumping our border illegally but it's not a requirement to be here first. You really need to educate yourself on our immigration and asylum policies.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:59 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
No youre just an ignorant partisan who eats up what the liberal media wants you to believe. Theres a thread on the above BS. Put that punk back in a cage.

"Let's see. He's 18, traveling with his 17-year-old brother who's an illegal alien, and a car full of other people who don't have proof of U.S. citizenship, he signed self-deportation papers two days after he was taken into custody, his fingerprints match those on a tourist visa, which states that he was born in Mexico, obtained for him by his mother, also an illegal alien, who couldn't obtain a passport for him because, as well as stating that he was born in Mexico for the tourist visa, she used a fake name on his birth certificate, ...and it's unreasonable that any of these things, which conflict with documents he presents, would fuel suspicion about his citizenship?

Okay."

No Shower for 23 Days; U.S. citizen says conditions were so bad he almost self deported..
"Trot me out the immigration law(s), they broke." Until then, you've (and the rest) got nothing, except redirects.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:47 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
It's a simple question, what is so hard about that.

"Trot me out the immigration law(s), they broke."

I can bring you the laws the authorities have broken, as well as, their mess ups.

A Border Agent Detained Two Americans Speaking Spanish. Now They Have Sued.

An American Citizen Is Released From Immigration Custody After Nearly a Month

I make sense to the right people and I'm not intimidated by people I don't know, or those I do for that matter.

Hispanic Americans in South Texas Are Being Denied Passports, Held in Immigration Detention Centers: Washington Post
" ... the bar for proving citizenship appears to be getting higher."
The right doesn't care about intrusive and immoral big government when it suits their agenda. Despicable, really

Old 07-27-2019, 09:04 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?
You are missing the reason. I don't condone illegal immigration at all for the most part.

About 99% of these people are trying to escape poverty with no hopes to ever get out of it in their country; or deadly violence aimed at them or families, join our Cartel etc or you all die. or get off your property etc or you die.

Some of our asylum offices will only process 3 applications per day; just to make it hard on Central Americans.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=statue...&setlang=en-US

The inscription at the base of the Statue of Liberty reads: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.". These lines come from a sonnet called "The New Colossus," which was written by Emma Lazarus in 1883.

I am of no doubt that helping these people is definitely the Christian and Humane thing to do.

Were the tables turned I am confident that you would do the same.

HOW CAN YOU DENY THAT.

Rump says he can fix anything! Why doesn't he fix the problems of these countries instead of treating poor people like dirt criminals?

Old 07-27-2019, 11:46 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Rump says he can fix anything! Why doesn't he fix the problems of these countries instead of treating poor people like dirt criminals?
That's not the responsibility of the American government! Latin Americans need to do something about it.

And no, the social problems in those countries do not entitle them to asylum in the United States. That's why 90 of the migrant asylum claims are getting denied.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:49 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post

Okay."

Shhh! You’re destroying the liberal talking points!

Old 07-27-2019, 05:59 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
[quote=Tritone;55777416]That's not the responsibility of the American government! Latin Americans need to do something about it.

And no, the social problems in those countries do not entitle them to asylum in the United States. That's why 90 of the migrant asylum claims are getting denied.[/QUOTE

You said:That's not the responsibility of the American government! YES WE ARE!

We put the Pes of Honduras in power back in 2009 with our own coup. Got rid of a Democratically elected President. The Honduran Pres. brother is in Jail in miami for smuggling drugs. The PRES AND HIS WIFE ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION also. darn caps!

Seems most likely you have never been to Central America other than as a tourist.

Latin Americans need to do something about it.

What are these people supposed to do? No education.kids to feed, very little to no work. People from the govt tell you to get out or die and the cartels the same

This woman and others have tried and died and keep trying.

https://theintercept.com/2019/06/23/...n-rafael-mine/

You said:That's why 90 of the migrant asylum claims are getting denied.[/QUOTE

A 10% chance a safety and freedom are very good odds

Still you show no defense for treating them like sub humans

What would you do' were it you and your family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies