Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 08:13 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times

Advertisements

The MSM is propping up Cory Booker despite his weak performances just as they attack Biden at every turn. That tells me the power brokers still want Booker even if he's pretty much torpedoed himself at every turn. Tulsi Gabbard is an interesting case, though. I will not back down from my assertion that the puppet masters will not allow a woman to be POTUS. They're the most misogynistic people on the planet. But they may want her as a VP if it helps their chosen POTUS balance out the ticket and be more sellable. Booker is another Obama, a sham candidate who they created and fabricated and helped every step of the way. A gay POTUS and woman VP, that would sell. Booker and Harris wouldn't sell that well since both are black. And that leaves Warren out, they'll never let her get the nomination.
But looking into Gabbard's past I see the same tell tale signs of "help" that we've seen with Obama, Booker, and others. Meteoric rises to fame and achievement everything seems arranged to help them succeed. So there's no doubt they're owned and controlled. Watch the next generation of puppets being groomed and readied for stardom. One is David Hogg the little brownshirt Nazi from Florida. He's gotten into that diploma mill Harvard as have some other young activists.
Harvard and Yale, nothing more than clown colleges now.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:14 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Funniest Thing said: Cory Booker to Joe Biden: "Dipping in the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor"

Old 08-01-2019, 08:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The only thing I agree with is the student loans need some relief. Having people come out of college with the equivalent of thirty-year mortgages is going to disrupt housing and nearly everything else. This is a real problem. But the white privilege talk and border issues are very off putting. There are plenty of white people suffering today. Telling them they’re privileged isn’t going to win them back. I thought they were going to drop that talk, but instead they double down on it. It’s very discouraging.
It’s going to cost some their best shot.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:15 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I too liked Bullock best in the first debate and probably Gabbard in the second.

I also acknowledge a moderate can’t beat Trump.

Trump won by tapping into fear and anger. It’s going to take a revolution of anger to beat Trump.
That much of that agenda is DOA and/ or subject to moderation in Congress does not matter as much as beating Trump.

I am speaking from a strategic standpoint, not my own position which trends moderate.
>>>> It'll take fear anger and stupidity to beat Trump. Or so the progressives think.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:16 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What? Are you serious?

Go look at what happened in 1947 India when it was partitioned to form Pakistan. This for the specific purpose of removing Muslims from India. 100s of 1000s if not millions killed. And now India (Hindu) and Pakistan (Muslim) have atomic bombs pointed at each other.
What happened far away before she was born makes her anti-Muslim? Should she maybe go back where she came from and fix this mess?

Old 08-01-2019, 08:18 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
yup
Everyone knows who won the debate: Trump!

Old 08-01-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Funniest Thing said: Cory Booker to Joe Biden: "Dipping in the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor"
Matched by Biden’s seemingly reference to Booker as the next president.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Reading reviews of the debate.

One of the biggest criticisms of the CNN hosts - -they kept interrupting the candidates...keeping to the time limit

Biggest criticism of the first rounds of debate before.....the hosts didn't interrupt the candidates or keep the candidates to the time limit.

Proof positive -- folks just want to complain.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:43 AM

1,074 posts, read 640,265 times
I am so late to this party!

So much to read, I have only skimmed. But my quick 2 cents is this: it goes without saying that everyone debating hates Tr***. I don't want only hate talk. I don't even want some hate talk. I want what is positive moving forward. The ones who did not dwell on hate are the ones jumping ahead for me.

I want a woman sssoooo badly. I think the US needs a woman- are we not the only country in the first world who has never had a woman?

I am a very educated and professional white woman from an oil and gas family. I am married to a black man from a very educated family, all going to HBCU schools, and living on the "black" side of town. I asked him who would be more repressed in today's world him or me. Even he said that I would be the more discriminated against.

Sad state of affairs in which we find ourselves.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The only thing I agree with is the student loans need some relief. Having people come out of college with the equivalent of thirty-year mortgages is going to disrupt housing and nearly everything else. This is a real problem. But the white privilege talk and border issues are very off putting. There are plenty of white people suffering today. Telling them they’re privileged isn’t going to win them back. I thought they were going to drop that talk, but instead they double down on it. It’s very discouraging.
Some families scrimped and saved so that their kids could attend school without debt. Some kids qualified for academic scholarships. Some took the community college route for 2 years before transferring to and commuting to an in-state university to make the most out of their financial resources.

Some chose in demand majors that allowed them to have a choice of careers, upon graduation. Some are more willing than others to relocate to places with better opportunities than their local community.

And some squandered college refunds on stuff that had nothing to do with education.

In 2015, Trump campaigned on government programs to help low income students and debt. As time went on, Trump became more vague and talked about getting government out of the student loan business. It did not square with how lenders are not likely to lend without a government guarantee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies