Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 07:53 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,383,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know. It’s laughable.

Right wingers are usually kissing corporate ass as much as possible. Don’t know why they’re acting brand new all of a sudden.
Well, remember when they were getting heart attacks when Nike gave Kapernick some money and pulled the Betsy Ross flag shoe? The business of America is business...until they sell something they don't like.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:55 PM

78,645 posts, read 60,839,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, we incurred way more debt than that this year alone. So if Gillette were American..... they would be bankrupt.
You absolutely lost me there.

Are you comparing the 8bil loss of a private company with the US govt debt???

If so, then I can only offer the following additional insight on top of that.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12...h-rhubarb-pie/

Old 07-31-2019, 07:58 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You absolutely lost me there.

Are you comparing the 8bil loss of a private company with the US govt debt???

If so, then I can only offer the following additional insight on top of that.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12...h-rhubarb-pie/

ONLY because the poster I was quoting did so.

But I do so love me some rhubarb pie. Wish I could get it here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2019, 08:00 PM

78,645 posts, read 60,839,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, remember when they were getting heart attacks when Nike gave Kapernick some money and pulled the Betsy Ross flag shoe? The business of America is business...until they sell something they don't like.
I agree, the far left and the far right are raging hypocrites on topics like these.

People vote with their wallets and stop crying when other people do the same.

Now if they want to complain about some companies actions then fine but don't be hypocrites when the shoes on the other foot.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree, the far left and the far right are raging hypocrites on topics like these.

People vote with their wallets and stop crying when other people do the same.

Now if they want to complain about some companies actions then fine but don't be hypocrites when the shoes on the other foot.
Well of course. The consumers have choices (hopefully; that's becoming less true with telecoms services being oligopolistic with AT&T, Comcast, Verizon and that recent merger with Sprint and T-Mobile - I think)?

I do have certain choices on products not just on quality or price, but also, when applicable, if they treat their staff better than others.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:22 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,038,274 times
Quote:

ONLY because the poster I was quoting did so.

But I do so love me some rhubarb pie. Wish I could get it here.
I neither mentioned nor referenced the U.S. national debt. Not sure where you came up with the idea that I did.

But thanks for playing anyway.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:29 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
I neither mentioned nor referenced the U.S. national debt. Not sure where you came up with the idea that I did.

But thanks for playing anyway.
Oh poop, went back and reread, and you are quite correct, I misread what you wrote. But I still want rhubarb pie....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2019, 09:58 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,038,274 times
Quote:

Oh poop, went back and reread, and you are quite correct, I misread what you wrote. But I still want rhubarb pie....
If you find that rhubarb pie, you can have my portion, too. I'm an apple pie guy myself.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:03 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,474,123 times
There's an obvious reason why people don't buy it, and it has nothing to do with politics:

that **** is expensive. It's that simple. That's why I stopped buying it years ago. It is completely stupid to send that much money on razors.

They got away with it for a while, but now brand awareness and acceptance has grown for alternatives that get the job done just as well for less.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
There's an obvious reason why people don't buy it, and it has nothing to do with politics:

that **** is expensive. It's that simple. That's why I stopped buying it years ago. It is completely stupid to send that much money on razors.

They got away with it for a while, but now brand awareness and acceptance has grown for alternatives that get the job done just as well for less.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies