Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 09:46 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Excuse me if I don't take the word of a mass murderer on face value.

He said that to isolate Trump from blame. WHY would he do that? The answer is simple - to try protect Trump from the blame.

But Trump IS to blame. He sets the tone - and he has done so REPEATEDLY.

Ken
I am reading his motives. Your assumptions don't make sense. It's not like he wants to abolish the current system of government to place Trump as supreme leader.

He wanted to 'head the fight' so white people can have a place for themselves. He wants to split the USA. The real danger is how the government reacts. If a new 'war on extremists' or something of the sort is started, things will get weird.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:48 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
The shooter said he would rather have died than to be taken, so he didn't have to live with the disappointment from his family and so he didn't have to be executed. .
I do wish he had been killed.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:49 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
And, as per usual, the suspect has a manifesto online.

Just your typical narcissist wanting his 15 minutes of infamy. It's funny how all the 'experts' want to find out the root cause of these shootings, mama didn't give sonny a kiss, pa beat boy growing up, yada yada yada, when in fact it has nothing to do with that. Our society continues to believe that there is order in this world, so in their minds, they cannot fathom that narcissists exist in this world that simply do these killings for the thrill of it and the attention they receive from it. These people so desperately want there to be a reason besides that for these shootings, when there is not.

I expect the frequency to get shorter and shorter between these shootings. Just think of the shootings that were potentially stopped due to chance or timing.

And also, as per usual, the bickering back and forth between gun control advocates and those against such things.

This has absolutely nothing to do with that, and everything to do with a society that values 'fame' at all costs. While mass shooters with a chip on their shoulders is nothing new in this country, the advent of social media and the internet has made it worse. It's no wonder our youth these days want to be social media stars and fame in general instead of pursuing worthwhile goals in life. It is a rot in our culture and society.

It won't be long before the next mass shooting, it's become the new norm.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:49 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I can't imagine these posts are being serious. What if someone hates their parents? Many of the shooters don't really seem to have close connections to their family members from what I've read.

What a perfect way to get back at family members.
I disagree. Lanza, Sandy Hook killer, his mom had guns in the house, knew his violent tendencies.

I view her as an accomplice, not a victim.

Turn Junior in if psychotic. Its your duty as a parent to society.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:52 PM

839 posts, read 735,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
So when are the left wing protests or riots going to happen? Any planned yet? Will it be demands for gun confiscations or in support of illegal immigrants? No doubt the next few days will see major political tension over this. No doubt they will capitalize on this guys racist views toward Hispanic people and blame Trump. Not good times for our Republic.
There won't be any protests. This is the "new normal". Americans see mass shootings as the price people are willing to pay for "freedom" and for the protection of the 2nd amendment.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
This is the legacy of conservatives and their gun proliferation policies. Until we decide to collectively grow some balls, get some brains, and take some meaningful action against those failed policies, we will continue to be the country where this sort of mass domestic carnage is normal and expected. We already know what the status quo brings.

Of course, we're also the county that doesn't really care much when this happens to twenty small kids in a classroom, or fifty people at a music concert, so what's another 20 dead people and devastated families in El Paso? We've chosen to embrace this as our way of life. I am under no illusions that this will change anything.

8,337 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Tell that to all the slaves and lynching victims of the south, and the people of the civil rights era, and to the family of Emmett Till.
They’re all dead along with all those whites that were lynched during Crow. Go dig up those dead slave masters and have at it. More blacks murder blacks annually than all those lynched under Crow or or by the KKK during their entire existence. Do you really care?

23,540 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Very sad, seems like a daily occurrence now. Something really needs to be done about this.

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don’t think there is any way to get rid of guns. The genie is out of the bottle. We have as many guns as people, a huge portion of the population who will not let them go without a fight, and a country bordering our own that has cartels waiting for a new product to add to their black market. I think your idea would lead to far worse problems than it could possibly fix. We aren’t Australia.
This is the sad but true truth. Guns are so ingrained into our society and history, you would have to invent a time machine and go back to the 1600's to try and make us into an Australia or Japan or some other country with little to no gun violence.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:55 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You read the manifesto? What else can you tell us about the shooter's motive?
Read the earlier link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies