Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 10:49 AM

37,470 posts, read 61,423,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So you are saying that those fighting for this right, are really fighting to keep the power where it already exists, in the hands of the very few? That's interesting. Seems like our entire social structure is geared to support the cash-rich elite. Now we have a POTUS who does everything he can to enhance that, and (to his credit, I guess), he's been able to convince those who are most adversely affected by it to be his most vocal, most volatile supporters.

If what you say is true, it seems in contrast to what Trump said he was running to accomplish.... Just saying.
What bearing does Trump's quotes have on any of this?

Old 08-15-2019, 10:54 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So you are saying that those fighting for this right, are really fighting to keep the power where it already exists, in the hands of the very few? That's interesting. Seems like our entire social structure is geared to support the cash-rich elite. Now we have a POTUS who does everything he can to enhance that, and (to his credit, I guess), he's been able to convince those who are most adversely affected by it to be his most vocal, most volatile supporters.

If what you say is true, it seems in contrast to what Trump said he was running to accomplish.... Just saying.
I can make an AR 15 for 300 bucks. An actual assault rifle full auto is very expensive.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:02 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Unfortunately its the irony I find with the republicans. You believe a group of Saudi kids could accurately carry out 9/11 ( and whose hasty investiation didnt have enough funding) and support the 2 decade war, but you still wont believe that the sanest and safest country isnt going to take away your guns.

Like Trump said in the 90s, "If I would ever run , I would run under Republican party. They just watch Fox news and bla bla bla"
That's all 9/11 was, just a bunch of "Saudi kids" pulling off a little prank? It's too bad that you weren't in one of those buildings when one of those jet liners laden with fuel came crashing through.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:45 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
That's all 9/11 was, just a bunch of "Saudi kids" pulling off a little prank? It's too bad that you weren't in one of those buildings when one of those jet liners laden with fuel came crashing through.
You just proved my point. Worrying about the impossible and failing to see whats available in plain sight.

Being rude and getting personal isnt a new thing for you guys.

I too wish your fears come true while you are trying to exercise your 2nd amendment rights.

And remember , if the government needs arms there is Boeing, Raytheon or Lockheed to supply them. They wouldnt care about your AR-15s

Old 08-15-2019, 01:08 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Indeed. Well. nobody killed at Kent State had any guns. Except the Army (OK NG but it says US ARMY over their left lapel) The Davidians had guns but it was the feds who started shooting. Neither Randy Weaver or his family of which two were killed fired at the feds. And "cooler heads at BLM?" Seriously?

Probably better than half of the "BLM" people at the Bundy ranch were just wearing BLM uniforms. They were contractors. The government intent there was to make an example of the Bundys. Which they fully intended to carry out but they ran into...problems there.

I rather doubt you have ever had to deal with the BLM. I have. They suck. They are federal revenue enforcers. Their policies and methods date back to the 19th century when DC was renting out the Army to the railroads, big mining and cattle barons to stomp on homesteaders. That hasn't changed. Only big money interests have any rights on "Public land."

I have no aspirations of changing your mind here. Your lifestyle doesn't involve firearms or any purpose for firearms. You do and always have relied on the government for protection and security purposes. And you have never run up against government power interfering in your life. Trying to confiscate your personal property by force because you having that property interferes with a big money interest on public land. An interest well connected in DC and the state. I have.

Trust me. There are no "cool heads" at the BLM.
All those incidents you mentioned could have ended peacefully in the courts if they didn't chose to use their weapons. The Bundy's lost in court and didn't like the decision so chose to invite people to the ranch. Yes the confrontation could have ended badly if the BLM didn't chose to back off, lets not try to change history and portray him as being right.

Imagine if those students at Kent State also had guns, what do you suppose would be the outcome with a green national guard and teenage students, nothing good.

It rarely ends well when citizens who choose to use weapons when they don't like court decisions. I don't worry that I need a weapon in preparation for the coming government attack.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:11 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
All those incidents you mentioned could have ended peacefully in the courts if they didn't chose to use their weapons. The Bundy's lost in court and didn't like the decision so chose to invite people to the ranch. Yes the confrontation could have ended badly if the BLM didn't chose to back off, lets not try to change history and portray him as being right.

It rarely ends well when citizens who choose to use weapons when they don't like court decisions. I don't worry that I need a weapon in preparation for the coming government attack.
Weaver did not break any laws. His family was attacked by the FBI for no reason. He had no chance to go to court. Those at Kent State were peacefully protesting and were murdered by agents of the US.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:38 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
First of all they were all over 21 and adults. Second, you are from upstate NY, right? Did you personally know anyone who died there on 9/11? I do.

Assualt rifles to protect against tyrannical government? Are you prepared to shoot your fellow citizens as well who do not agree with you precisely what is a tyrannical government to YOU?

You are advocating another Civil War where you can subject your views on the rest of society. I would consider YOUR views a tyrannical government.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:40 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
First of all they were all over 21 and adults. Second, you are from upstate NY, right? Did you personally know anyone who died there on 9/11? I do.

Assualt rifles to protect against tyrannical government? Are you prepared to shoot your fellow citizens as well who do not agree with you precisely what is a tyrannical government to YOU?

You are advocating another Civil War where you can subject your views on the rest of society.
Well this govt is prepared to shoot us

Old 08-15-2019, 01:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Your post about the military taking an oath to protec us is-hilarious
Another great post ak47 are not effective
And that is why we have had a war in the Mideast for 20 years bek their ak47 is not effective?

Old 08-15-2019, 01:50 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
You just proved my point. Worrying about the impossible and failing to see whats available in plain sight.

Being rude and getting personal isnt a new thing for you guys.

I too wish your fears come true while you are trying to exercise your 2nd amendment rights.

And remember , if the government needs arms there is Boeing, Raytheon or Lockheed to supply them. They wouldnt care about your AR-15s
Not being rude or personal at all, you asked for it.

While standing on the shore of the Hudson River, I watched those towers burn and fall, live with my very own eyes. I knew some people who were both NYC police officers and firefighters along with one family that lost their son. I sincerely wish that people like you who dismiss it as just a bunch of "Saudi kids" were in those buildings. You deserve that kind of fate. You really struck a nerve with that. Too bad that you don't like it. But what I'd really like to tell you would violate the Terms of Service (TOS) of this forum.

As far as 2nd Amendment rights go, and the military being used against American civilians who defend it:

Let me put it to you this way. It's highly unlikely that the Pentagon's arsenal would be used against American civilians. If so the military would be destroying their own friends, family and neighborhoods. There would be absolutely nothing left for them to come back to. Not only that but if the civilian population were destroyed who'd supply the military with supplies? There'd be nobody left to work the factories, farm the fields and work for "Boeing, Raytheon or Lockheed to supply them". All commerce would come to a grinding halt as the country would be in ruins. My guess is that the military would disobey orders, and in all probability would use their weapons against those that ordered them to do so.

About the only way they could possibly do it would be to go on house to house searches where they would be met with overwhelming and fierce resistance. As the armed civilian population at around 100 million or so would vastly outnumber government forces. The United States with it's superior military force couldn't beat back the North Vietnamese, short of using nuclear weapons. In which case there would have been a third world war and the end of all life as we know it.

You seem to forget that a large percent of active duty and retired military and law enforcement personal are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment and Constitutional Law. It wouldn't surprise me if they joined forces with the civilian population that takes up arms in the fight against a tyrannical form of government.

I don't think that you've thought this out very well? As a matter of fact I don't think that you're capable of thinking at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies