Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 07:45 PM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Multiple investigations concluded the former was a Suicide and the latter an attempted robbery. Nonetheless, conspiracy theories persist.

People believe anything when it seems to validate and reinforce their perceptions.
And it's amazing how people like you believe and defend all the BS that is being fed to us by a corrupt and lying government. I think I will trust my own gut over what the lying corrupt government says.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:46 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
What makes it so wild, especially considering the people he knew and what happened on his island (and Zorro Ranch...can't forget about that place). Has the government never done something like this before?
Because it is so outrageous and could never be kept quiet. Ever. It would require the involvement of normal people going about their business doing their jobs. These are not the people who keep quiet about such a criminal act.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The poll seems about right. Maybe 20 to 25% of the people are who I call " The Ostrich People" who have their heads in the sand(or some other place) and like to live in a world that doesn't scare them and be told that everything is okay.
The rest will look at something and at least wonder about it. A few will try to find out the truth and inform others about it. Of course, now these people have been branded dangerous conspiracy theorists and online free speech has to be restricted for "our safety".
Like when we were told we had to restrict online free speech because the Russians fixed our election. Until we found out they didn't.
You noticed that? Those who believe the official story, tend to also defend big government and want big government to take care of every little aspect of their lives.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:49 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
You noticed that? Those who believe the official story, tend to also defend big government and want big government to take care of every little aspect of their lives.
I'm not any of those things, in fact quite the opposite, but still think the conspiracy is silly.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I agree. This transcends Trump vs Clinton bickering.

I'll paraphrase a comment I read somewhere:

Our government was either in on it or was powerless to prevent it.
I don't remember or know too much about Clinton before his run for the White House, but I do know when he came onto the scene, he was this really cool, laid back guy. I do think he was originally the kind of President that was for the people. I do believe that one section of government, the FBI and CIA, are working for a small group of very elite individuals. They will never answer to or take orders from anyone in any of the branches of the working government. And, they use these agencies to keep anyone like a President, or a celebrity, a war hero, a philanthropist, in check. I think they were unhappy Clinton beat out Bush, who they wanted in office to keep these wars in the Middle East going, so they kept on attacking Clinton with scandal after scandal after scandal. In the end, I feel like Bill Clinton gave up, and agreed to be another arm for these people.

Both Bush jr and Obama I believe were hand picked by these elites, and won easily in their presidencies. Trump was a surprise, but with the elite's control over the news papers, and the FBI and CIA, they are using their power to keep Trump in check as well, and it's why he's never gone after Hillary, hasn't gotten us out of the Middle East wars, and hasn't been able to do anything about NAFTA, or the bleeding of America.

So, yes, I believe our government is in on it, and the good guys who might be part of it are powerless to stop it.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:23 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66
Because it is so outrageous and could never be kept quiet. Ever. It would require the involvement of normal people going about their business doing their jobs. These are not the people who keep quiet about such a criminal act.
If you really believe this, then you do not realize that most people want to keep their jobs to keep a roof over their heads. You dont step out of line if you are struggling to pay rent, food, etc for your family. The people who work in these places where all this goes on, are not normal people(what is normal anyway?) - that's why they were recruited. When you have a vacancy for a position, you look for someone who is suitable and who will 'fit in' to the organisation, right?

It is the same with the UK royal family, they do not often get people who spill the beans on what dodgy stuff goes on there.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Maybe so. But the ball is in Barr's court now. He's been talking tough about getting to the bottom of this but will he follow through and kick butts and take names? We'll see. But until he does I'll regard him as Trump's personal lawyer rather than the Attorney General of the United States.
What if HE is the bottom of it...which is the scenario with the largest odds?

He's a trump loyalist, not OUR attorney general. He's proven that already...and continues to do so.

What is more important to Barr?

1. Trump loyalty and his position
2. The Truth and Serving the Regular people of the USA.

In my mind, and based on actions, there is no question. As I said before there will be plenty of smoke screens laid out...until everyone forgets.

Given mass shootings, trump tweets, hong kong, iran, a sinking economy and the beginnings of the 2020 election, the public will throw this who situation out of their minds within a few weeks. As it stands it barely made in into the C-D thread list (before)....

Old 08-12-2019, 08:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

He's a trump loyalist, not OUR attorney general. He's proven that already...and continues to do so.

In my mind, and based on actions, there is no question. As I said before there will be plenty of smoke screens laid out...until everyone forgets.

Given mass shootings, trump tweets, hong kong, iran, a sinking economy and the beginnings of the 2020 election, the public will throw this who situation out of their minds within a few weeks. As it stands it barely made in into the C-D thread list (before)....

You know. Trump has nothing to do with this. Does he live in your mind 24/7?

Old 08-12-2019, 08:28 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

At this point I haven't ruled anything out.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Both Bush jr and Obama I believe were hand picked by these elites, and won easily in their presidencies. Trump was a surprise, but with the elite's control over the news papers, and the FBI and CIA, they are using their power to keep Trump in check as well, and it's why he's never gone after Hillary, hasn't gotten us out of the Middle East wars, and hasn't been able to do anything about NAFTA, or the bleeding of America.

So, yes, I believe our government is in on it, and the good guys who might be part of it are powerless to stop it.
Ah, so losing the Popular Vote, winning by the cheating of your Brother and having the SCOTUS appoint GWB is "winning easily".

That's fantastic. True, Obama did win easily...because people VOTED FOR HIM.

Trump is incapable of doing things because he doesn't know how to do things. Of course, some things can't be done (always the case with any powerful position), but Donald is even less capable than GWB and that's saying something.

We have truly entered an Era where I can say with certainty that I am way smarter and more capable than two of the last 3 Presidents. So are many millions of Americans....

What a joke. It would like asking Soupy Sales or Captain Kangeroo to change the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies