Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 12:37 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
See the bolded. Rachel976, if someone who had a different political view than yours said this, you would be all over that person calling them anti-Semitic and trading in old stereotypes. So what do you say to this poster in question?
She ignores it, just like she ignores the many other antisemitic comments by righties in this thread, and of course by the antisemite sitting in the oval office.

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
See the bolded. Rachel976, if someone who had a different political view than yours said this, you would be all over that person calling them anti-Semitic and trading in old stereotypes. So what do you say to this poster in question?
I've told him before that his comments about Jewish power brokers are antisemitic! Surprised? But if my choice is between someone who advances antisemitic tropes and IS in support of Israel, and someone who advances antisemitic tropes (like Omar) and is on the side of those who want to destroy Israel, I choose the former. ESPECIALLY when the latter is an official member of Congress, with legislative influence.

I sure hope you're not implying that I don't call out antisemitic tropes when they're by Republicans. But I refuse to pretend that there aren't an awful lot of antisemitic "enablers" on the Democrat side - and they are the ones who want to wipe the Jewish state out to sea.

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
What does being pro-Israeli people or pro-Palestinian people have to do with national loyalty?

As an American citizen I have loyalty to America but I can also support the well-being of all humans anywhere on the whole planet. It's not that difficult.
That's what I want to know, but that's what the Democrats are saying being pro-Israeli people is national loyalty.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
She ignores it, just like she ignores the many other antisemitic comments by righties in this thread, and of course by the antisemite sitting in the oval office.
ECUUUUUSE MEEEEEE. I responded.....just not the instant you required? Am I supposed to be ready to respond to any question within a few minutes. I was cleaning the kitchen, if you must know, and scooping out the litter box. It was sort of messy. I can describe it more if you'd like.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
He's not an antisemite. He's better for Jewish people than Obama was, that's for sure. Obama was such a bigot with his Reverend Wright church and taking the side of blacks in every altercation. He even sent down officials to the funeral of Michael Brown, who tried to kill a cop! And "Travyon would look like my son!" And the "police behaved stupidly" (because there was a black man involved). And "like a typical white person" in describing his own grandmother.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
How about just tell us who the powerbrokers are and whether they are Jewish or not in the liberal media and Hollywood? And the poster's statement will be shown to be correct or incorrect. And drop all this "anti-Semitic trope" nonsense. If a leftist claims all the conservative media powerbrokers are white, is that an "anti-white trope"?

Old 08-21-2019, 12:50 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Why cant we stop supporting both sides? Unilaterally I mean. Whatever happened to the whole America first spiel?

Old 08-21-2019, 12:52 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes. America is not the welfare state for the world. Practice what you preach. Use your money, use Israel to be a welfare state for the world, then come back and tell us how it worked out for you.
Whooooosh!!! That's the sound of my point going right over your head. I was talking about which party aligns better with the Jewish concept of Tzedaka, helping people in need.

And your little quip means nothing to me. I will continue to support politicians who support my values. Tough cookies, bud.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Whooooosh!!! That's the sound of my point going right over your head. I was talking about which party aligns better with the Jewish concept of Tzedaka, helping people in need.

And your little quip means nothing to me. I will continue to support politicians who support my values. Tough cookies, bud.
And I'm saying if the concept Jewish or otherwise in origin is compel and impose upon others, then the concept is flawed and wrong.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:48 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Democrats: Republicans being for Jews is anti-Semitic, and being against Jews is anti-Semitic.

What Trump really said is some Jews are loyal to a Democrat party that tolerates and defends anti-Jewish and anti-Israel politicians. And that's exactly right.
No, what Trump REALLY said (his words) was that Jews who vote for Democrats are greatly disloyal. At first I thought he meant disloyal to the US. That would be an anti-semitic statement playing on past tropes questioning Jew's loyalty to the US.

Later, he stated that such Jews would be disloyal to Israel. Well, I should hope so! If they are American citizens their loyalty should lie with this country alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies