U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-08-2019, 12:30 AM
 
2,280 posts, read 2,251,714 times
Reputation: 2239

Advertisements

I beg to differ. I grew up around a whole bunch of housing projects. I went to school with a lot of black kids. And a hell of a lot of them hated the white kids and segregated themselves. And whenever one of the black kids would socialize with any of the white kids... Many of those black kids did not like that at all. and over the course of my years I have encountered many racist black Americans. Now the Africans from Africa that I have met over the years in America... were been beyond wonderful...and where some of the sweetest and most beautiful souls I ever met in my lifetime. And it's sad to say but many of them were not fond of African-Americans. Having said all that... In terms of being prone to violent Acts... I will easily admit there are a lot of evil white SOB's in this universe. matter of fact I am sitting back waiting for the day that Brendt Christensen gets his azz handed to him in prison by the other inmates. You want to talk about the son of Satan? look that guy up..

 
Old 09-08-2019, 12:56 AM
 
49,671 posts, read 46,397,367 times
Reputation: 15716
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I beg to differ. I grew up around a whole bunch of housing projects. I went to school with a lot of black kids. And a hell of a lot of them hated the white kids and segregated themselves. And whenever one of the black kids would socialize with any of the white kids... Many of those black kids did not like that at all. and over the course of my years I have encountered many racist black Americans. Now the Africans from Africa that I have met over the years in America... were been beyond wonderful...and where some of the sweetest and most beautiful souls I ever met in my lifetime. And it's sad to say but many of them were not fond of African-Americans. Having said all that... In terms of being prone to violent Acts... I will easily admit there are a lot of evil white SOB's in this universe. matter of fact I am sitting back waiting for the day that Brendt Christensen gets his azz handed to him in prison by the other inmates. You want to talk about the son of Satan? look that guy up..
Well maybe that's your problem. You lived in the projects. Of course you were exposed to some horrible things. The projects are like a warehouse for the underclass. Basing your view of Blacks based on the projects, that is stupid.

I lived in a predominantly White area during middle school and high school. I was the kind of Black kid who would hang out with White kids. I did have some White friends. I also got assaulted by many White kids. I was exposed to a large number of rednecks. I also got harassed by skateboarder types. I've been called the "N" word to my face, and some kids have said things like "I'm going to hang by a noose". I understand that I moved to an area with a large redneck constituency. I understand that there was a sizable "trailer trash" element. That's why there are drug addiction issues where I used to live. If I judged the entire White population based on the things I experienced and dealt with in middle school and high school, I would be dead wrong for it. I know better than to do that.

And I'm aware that there are some Africans who don't like Black Americans. Some Africans have told me to my face that they look down on Black Americans. I've also dealt with some Hispanic individuals who were very racist towards me to my face. I'm quite aware that there are individuals who look down on Black Americans. I've dealt with individuals who have let me know this they weren't fond of Black Americans, to my face. You're telling me things that I've already been exposed to. What do you want from me? To get on my knees and say "Black Americans are dirt. My race is trash"? If that is what you want, the answer is no. I don't do that kind of thing.

Do me a favor. Please tell me something that I DON'T know!!
 
Old 09-08-2019, 01:00 AM
 
49,671 posts, read 46,397,367 times
Reputation: 15716
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I'm far away too honest of a man to lie to you. If that makes me a white supremacist, so be it. The truth is the truth, no matter how much you want people to pretend otherwise.

I've been to many Black communities here, the Caribbean, South America, and Africa so I feel my position is informed.

And for the most part Black people know the truth. You guys rather live with us than in Black only communities. This is why your parents chose a White suburban neighborhood.

For me, I wouldn't mind an Asian majority neighborhood. They're not White, but their neighborhoods function just fine.
Well, at least I know you have a white supremacist mind set, or the very least, you look down on Black people. And I don't care where you got this kind of mindset from. I don't want to be around individuals who look down on me based on my race.

I've been to some Black communities in the Atlanta area. Some aren't nice. However, there are nice areas like Cascade Heights. When I worked in southwest Atlanta, I would take trips to Cascade Heights to grab something to eat. Million dollar homes, gated communities. I literally went from a really bad neighborhood to a really nice neighborhood. Both majority Black. However, Cascade Heights was much nicer, much cleaner, much safer. Some Black millionaires live in that neighborhood. Sounds people people care more about green than Black or White. People go where their money takes them.
 
Old 09-08-2019, 01:11 AM
 
49,671 posts, read 46,397,367 times
Reputation: 15716
Let's get back to the topic of this discussion. I've never seen any girl, Black or White hit a teacher in my life. I look at video and wonder about this. What goes on in the minds of those girls who assaulted the teacher?

Now, I didn't go to school in the inner city. I saw some stupid behavior from students in high school. However, it was unheard of any student to hit a teacher. Students would fight each other. However, a student hitting a teacher? Some students didn't respect the teachers or the administration. However, the worst thing I ever saw were a few students backtalk teachers. And this was in middle school and high. Where did those girls get it in their minds that such behavior would be okay?

I also have to wonder this. These were girls. If this had been boys, I suspect arrests would have already been made.
 
Old 09-08-2019, 01:35 AM
 
Location: Various
1,308 posts, read 448,870 times
Reputation: 1150
I'm sure their fathers disciplined them appropriately when they got home.
 
Old 09-08-2019, 01:42 AM
 
13,685 posts, read 4,223,221 times
Reputation: 4094
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Racist? Go ahead, you already do. Untrustworthy? Compared to whom? Black people? White people, or I should say many White cultures, place a strong emphasize on trust and keeping your word. Most African cultures don't. When I traveled to Africa, and offered the captain of the river-ship some money extra if he could bring us into port early, he nearly fell into tears when I gave him that money at the end. He knew Africans wouldn't. He even told me: "The White men is right."

Even your people know this, we White people maybe racist but you still prefer to live with us than your own because your communities tend to devolve into dysfunctional messes.
I think the bottom line is diversity is not even a fair trade off let alone a positive trade off for white people. It's an unfair imposition and that makes it immoral and unethical. Modern policy of forcing and imposing maximum diversity on whites has stood ethics and morality on its head.
 
Old 09-08-2019, 01:52 AM
 
Location: El paso,tx
2,453 posts, read 931,870 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The kids who want to learn would do better if the troublemakers weren't in the schools. The troublemakers need to be kicked out. Question is this: What do we do with those troublemakers after being kicked out? They have to go somewhere. And the parents aren't doing a good job raising them. You can't have a bunch of kids out in the streets causing mayhem. Who cares? I'm sure people who have to deal with alot of crime will are. Those kids have to do something. There has to be some way for them to be productive in society. You might not be optimistic. I'm not an optimist either. However, I am a realist. You can't just leave kids out there to do who knows what. Something has to be done. Leaving kids to just get into drugs and more mayhem will cause even more problems. The fact that we have kids assaulting teachers is just the tip of a much larger iceberg.
Force the parent to have to attend classes with them for a week. Or give the parent a month of weekends in jail, and kids weekends in juvie.
 
Old 09-08-2019, 02:06 AM
 
Location: El paso,tx
2,453 posts, read 931,870 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The kids who want to learn would do better if the troublemakers weren't in the schools. The troublemakers need to be kicked out. Question is this: What do we do with those troublemakers after being kicked out? They have to go somewhere. And the parents aren't doing a good job raising them. You can't have a bunch of kids out in the streets causing mayhem. Who cares? I'm sure people who have to deal with alot of crime will are. Those kids have to do something. There has to be some way for them to be productive in society. You might not be optimistic. I'm not an optimist either. However, I am a realist. You can't just leave kids out there to do who knows what. Something has to be done. Leaving kids to just get into drugs and more mayhem will cause even more problems. The fact that we have kids assaulting teachers is just the tip of a much larger iceberg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you assault a teacher, you should be in prison. But there are kids who don't want to be in school, who haven't assaulted teachers. Where do those kids go, if they haven't committed any violent crimes?
Most teens don't WANT to be in school. Heck, I was a good student and got good grades in AP classes, and I didn't want to be there. I would have preferred they give me my assignment and a book to study, and let me go home. But part of school, aside from learning subjects, is to learn patience, respect, discipline, how to do something you don't really feel like doing, learning to interact with all types of people, learning to have good socialization skills, learning how to debate your point of view, etc.
Most of the teens, given the choice would prefer not to be there from 8-3 or whatever hours they attend.
 
Old 09-08-2019, 02:22 AM
 
Location: El paso,tx
2,453 posts, read 931,870 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, at least I know you have a white supremacist mind set, or the very least, you look down on Black people. And I don't care where you got this kind of mindset from. I don't want to be around individuals who look down on me based on my race.

I've been to some Black communities in the Atlanta area. Some aren't nice. However, there are nice areas like Cascade Heights. When I worked in southwest Atlanta, I would take trips to Cascade Heights to grab something to eat. Million dollar homes, gated communities. I literally went from a really bad neighborhood to a really nice neighborhood. Both majority Black. However, Cascade Heights was much nicer, much cleaner, much safer. Some Black millionaires live in that neighborhood. Sounds people people care more about green than Black or White. People go where their money takes them.
Definitely a money issue. We had a few black people in our graduating class, and our valedictorian was a black girl that really deserved it. Pretty, well spoken, smart, personable, a cheerleader.
I'm a realtor now, and have had several black clients that i am friends with. Really great people. But they are fairly well off (doctors, military officers).
I think there is a culture in the cities where there are a lot of single parent homes, no money, no supervision, parents possibly drug addicted so the kids become basically feral, and when you add in the gang culture (snitches get stitches), and hopelessness, they are just violent with no respect for themselves or anyone.
 
Old 09-08-2019, 02:23 AM
 
458 posts, read 71,561 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think the bottom line is diversity is not even a fair trade off let alone a positive trade off for white people. It's an unfair imposition and that makes it immoral and unethical. Modern policy of forcing and imposing maximum diversity on whites has stood ethics and morality on its head.
I wouldn't lump Black people in with the diversity question. They have been here since day 1, and are Americans as any of us - more than some of us. I support them living wherever they want, but I also support White people pulling up the stumps and relocating. I wish Black people could get their act together, but I don't believe they can.

Now, I love latinos - the food, their women (when they're not fat or hairy), etc. But that doesn't mean I support illegal immigration. I know many Europeans who got here illegally - send them back with the latinos. It's not personal, you have to respect our laws.

I maybe an old racist working class White guy from the rustbelt, but I'm fair as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top