Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 09:57 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Please, by all means expand upon your point.
Are you insinuating that it wasn't muslims, that they didn't target innocent civilians or that thousands weren't killed, or that it wasn't a cowardly act?

My point is that Omar intentionally said some people did something on 9/11 in an attempt to deflect from the fact that we all know who did it., Muslim terrorists. If I misunderstood your point I apologize.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/11/nyt-planes-tweet/

The New York Times tweeted today that it wasn’t Muslims OR Terrorists that attacked the Twin Towers.
It was planes that “took aim” (I guess all by themselves) and 2000 people died.

Best guess is that nobody at the New York Times today was actually living when the Terrorists Murdered over 3,000 people right down the street from their building.

They want to rewrite History ..... BUT normal people will never Forget
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 09:58 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
some people did something

Old 09-11-2019, 10:11 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
some people did something
Yes they did and Leftists want us to Forget. RIP to all who perished when “someone did something” and to all to died after attempting rescues. Curses to those who elect people, who excuse and try to erase the Horror of that attack on our Country and People.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:16 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
I was working for a supplier in Dearborn. They sent us home , I picked up Subway and was glued to the news channels.
One thing I remember, and I can't find any confirmation of this, is a B-52 flew overhead, north to south. I know I didn't imagine it (there was zero other air traffic) because several friends called, and my dad. It shook the house.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 09-11-2019 at 10:27 AM..

Old 09-11-2019, 10:24 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I was working just 15 miles away in a hospital in Paterson, NJ. I lived right across the river from the Twin Towers in Hoboken, NJ. I had such a great view of the towers from my window, well, it was there when I left in the morning, but not when I got home.

They told us that we were the 6th hospital in line to take traumas. We all stayed, just in case, but no traumas ever came. Around 6PM, they said we would not be getting any survivors, so I left. Hoboken NJ borders the Lincoln Tunnel to the north and the Holland Tunnel to the south. It took me 3 hours to drive 15 miles, and even then, the police weren’t letting people through. I showed my doctor’s ID, and they let me through so I could get home.

My wife was working in NYC at the time. Just one year earlier, she was working in the World Trade Center, so in one aspect, we were very lucky, but in the other, she lost several friends and former coworkers. They were using the path train to transport bodies, so there were no trains carrying people out of the city. So my wife stayed at her brother’s apartment until they finally let her out of NYC around 1AM. Most of the day, I couldn’t even get in touch with her because i kept getting the message “all lines are busy”.

For the next week or two, my commute home was taking 1-2 hours to drive the 15 miles from work.
I recall that Verizon phones worked but that the others weren't really connecting. I hear it was because some carriers bad cell towers on top of the WTC towers. It was truly chaotic.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:26 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
I was standing in the Admiral's office with other front office people watching real-time coverage of the twin towers. I'll never forget the horror and shock we all felt seeing the planes smash into the buildings. Shortly afterwards the base was evacuated due to our proximity to DC, which took a long time because there are only three one-lane roads available for traffic. While I was in the traffic jam I heard on the radio that the towers had fallen. Of course, as soon as I got home I turned on the TV and spent about the next 24 hours watching continuous coverage of the events. My husband was at PBS for two days broadcasting news of the tragedy.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:28 AM

1,013 posts, read 725,475 times
I was at home, horrified, trying to find out where my husband’s plane was going to be diverted. He was captain on a United flight returning to Chicago from Amsterdam. They were sent to St. John’s, Newfoundland, until late Saturday, the 15th. It was the last plane to return toChicago. He said the people in St. John’s couldn’t have been nicer.

Also trying to get through by phone to my son who lived near DC.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:35 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I was leaving for school as a 31 year old husband and father of two. My then wife came out as I was about to leave and said a plane had just hit the World Trade Center. We figured it was an accident and I left for the 30+ minute drive to school. I was listening to WBT out of Charlotte and they were airing coverage of it via CBS Radio. Then the second plane hit and every knew it was no accident.

I got to school and went to class. One of the guys came in and said one of the towers had just collapsed and I did not believe him.We had class and I used lunch to go try to find a TV on somewhere. The TV in the student center was not getting good reception, so I drove down to the mall where Radio Shack was airing the coverage. A group of us stood there watching with mouths gaped open. Every once in a while, we'd look at each other and just shake our heads in disbelief.

Then I found a pay phone to call my wife. I heard the fear in her voice and skipped school for the rest of the day and went home. We sat on the couch holding each other for the rest of the day watching the coverage.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
We Swore We Would Never Forget 9/11. But We Did. -- Reality Check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOTl2NcP_A
All 19 hijackers legally entered the US. Like any legal visitor, all were free to travel anywhere in the US. One overstayed his visa.

15/19 entered the US on Saudi passports.

14/19 were age 20-25.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:41 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
On a thread where we were asked to share our memories of where we were that day, some people still want to turn thi into a political thing where they damn their political boogeymen? SMH

And no one who was alive and of age will ever forget that day, so stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies